Prometheus novelisation?

Started by 523743764088, Jun 09, 2012, 01:23:39 PM

Author
Prometheus novelisation? (Read 11,179 times)

Will there be a Prometheus novelisation? I would have thought if there was to be one it would be released in conjunction with the film. I'd really enjoy a Prometheus novel, something that expands on the film, and I think a lot of other people would to... So why not?

TrixieVanSickle

TrixieVanSickle

If they do, I hope Alan Dean Foster does NOT write it. I may be the only Alien(s) fan alive that dislikes his adaption work.   :P

MasCot

MasCot

Quote from: TrixieVanSickle on Jun 09, 2012, 01:37:34 PM
If they do, I hope Alan Dean Foster does NOT write it. I may be the only Alien(s) fan alive that dislikes his adaption work.   :P
But you are not only fan who likes Monkeys.:)

I would like to read a Prometheus novelization too!

mastermoon

mastermoon

Why bother reading the novelisation when you can just watch the movie ::).

TrixieVanSickle

TrixieVanSickle

Quote from: mastermoon on Jun 09, 2012, 03:11:01 PM

Usually in novelisations, there are deleted scenes that were left out of the movie.  Even scenes that may never see the light of day (such as the scene where Ripley finds Burke cocooned in Aliens, which never made it to DVD. Did that finally make it to BluRay?).  If written well, it gives insight to character backgrounds, as well, sometimes from material not made available to the public.  And they're fun.  Reading is good for you.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

The Burke scene is on the blu-ray (it kinda sucks though, and was a good cut).

I too wish there was a novelization of this film - they give you so much more background, and insight into motivations and such (not to mention the occasional extra scene). Also, I would dearly love to see Alan Dean Foster write it.

Alas, just as the 'photonovel' became extinct long ago, I fear the movie-novelization has now done the same...  :(

mastermoon

mastermoon

Quote from: TrixieVanSickle on Jun 09, 2012, 03:24:12 PM

Usually in novelisations, there are deleted scenes that were left out of the movie.  Even scenes that may never see the light of day (such as the scene where Ripley finds Burke cocooned in Aliens, which never made it to DVD. Did that finally make it to BluRay?).  If written well, it gives insight to character backgrounds, as well, sometimes from material not made available to the public.  And they're fun.  Reading is good for you.

Yes I read stories that started out as novels first but It's better to read stories that begin as novels that later get a movie adaptation rather then a movie based on a novel getting a novelization.

In this case sinse Prometheus is not based on a book it's still pointless to read movie novelizations.

TrixieVanSickle

TrixieVanSickle

QuoteYes I read stories that started out as novels first but It's better to read stories that begin as novels that later get a movie adaptation rather then a movie based on a novel getting a novelization.

A movie based on a novel getting a novelization?  Huh?

None of the Aliens movies were based on books. You lost me.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Not at all, mastermoon! Take Alien, for example: the whole, unfilmed scene where they almost trap the alien in the airlock is in there, and it's a really great scene. Without the novel, all we'd have to represent it is a couple of deleted scenes on the bridge.

You should try reading one... you'll be surprised!  :)

mastermoon

mastermoon

Quote from: TrixieVanSickle on Jun 09, 2012, 04:05:13 PM
QuoteYes I read stories that started out as novels first but It's better to read stories that begin as novels that later get a movie adaptation rather then a movie based on a novel getting a novelization.

A movie based on a novel getting a novelization?  Huh?

None of the Aliens movies were based on books. You lost me.

I never said the Alien series were based on books, I was saying for movies that only start out as movies getting novelizations are pointless to read.

Yes there are movies based on a novel getting novelizations such as Planet of the Apes and The Thing (1982 movie).

TrixieVanSickle

TrixieVanSickle

There's always tidbits that never find their way to screen.

Star Trek movie novelizations are awesome for that as well.

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: mastermoon on Jun 09, 2012, 03:59:09 PM
Quote from: TrixieVanSickle on Jun 09, 2012, 03:24:12 PM

Yes I read stories that started out as novels first but It's better to read stories that begin as novels that later get a movie adaptation rather then a movie based on a novel getting a novelization.

In this case sinse Prometheus is not based on a book it's still pointless to read movie novelizations.

You lost me coach.

DallasNostromo

DallasNostromo

The question of why there was never a Prometheus novelization has always bugged (no pun intended) me. Has anyone ever heard an official reason why a novelization was never produced? I've been listening to the AVP podcasts and novelizations are frequently mentioned which has created a desire in me to read all of them. It also makes me worry there won't be any future novelizations of the upcoming Prometheus sequels.

Dallas.

markweatherill

markweatherill

Well, here's a start:

'And then the head exploded'

Kurai

Kurai

I've often wondered this as well, along with why Dark Horse never adapted it into a comic. They've got Fire and Stone as well as Life and Death, so they're allowed to use the continuity. I wonder if there would be secrets revealed in a novelization that Scott doesn't want us to know quite yet?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed