New Viral - Look at Weyland's Face!

Started by JaaayDee, Jun 08, 2012, 08:47:58 AM

Author
New Viral - Look at Weyland's Face! (Read 25,723 times)

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: Zenzucht on Jun 08, 2012, 11:51:38 AM
Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 08, 2012, 08:52:07 AM
Bits like this shoulda been expanded and put in the movie.

I think that it would destroy the pacing of the movie..

But I haven't seen it yet.

No it wouldn't.... shit like that NEEDS to be in the movie.

theiss2003

theiss2003

Why, oh WHY is all this viral stuff done more sophisticated than the main movie itself?
The Weyland site: Gorgeous!
The viral videos: Stunning!

The film itself simply can not hold up to the high expectations created by the advertising...  :(
It's as simple as that...

If there ever will be a sequel, I would not wonder if this little snippet here already gave us a hint for the title and/or the ships' name...  8)

Kev Loaf

Quote from: theiss2003 on Jun 08, 2012, 12:45:00 PM
Why, oh WHY is all this viral stuff done more sophisticated than the main movie itself?

I agree. That clip was intense, made you sit up and pay attention...like WTF is going on here then?! It was dark and ominous, just how the film should have been.

Bat Chain Puller

10-11-12

Home Video release date? Or Something else?

Blacklabel

The TED talk should've been in the film instead of the Cave sequence with Shaw and Holloway :P (with a few improved special effects.)

It would've fit the movie really well i think :P

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

I would've liked a scene on Earth with Shaw (and possibly Holloway) actively pitching to Weyland and/or Vickers, as was seen in the viral.  But I also think there's power in the franchise having never really shown Earth up close.  And I think a scene such as this could've worked too, but with that kind of longer, drawn out prelude (in addition to the sacrifice Engineer, David on the ship, the cave, etc) it would be even more of a different kind of movie altogether from the Alien franchise had it done so - and judging by the mixed response among fans, who knows how that would've gone.

I don't recall if the "jet ski" scene with Weyland and David was ever filmed.  A lot of people would've probably hated it, but I would've liked to see that.  The film seems to float between Blade Runner concepts (the synthetic person, the family neuroses therein, creation and free will) and the Alien standards.

Following on the Yutani thread from the viral, I would've perhaps made someone onboard (Ford?) a Yutani plant who goes snooping alone and suffers a terrible fate.

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Jango1201 on Jun 08, 2012, 02:35:31 PM
11.12.13 is either the DVD/BLURAY release or the announcement of the sequal

Seems a little premature for sequel announcements. (I mean the numbers where put there weeks, even a month or more ago.) More likely a blu/dvd release date. But this seems odd as well. Why 'advertise' something like that at the end of the film. We know it's coming anyway.

My guess is that it's something 'else.' If anything ... it's one more thing to keep the buzz/excitement going UNTIL then.

Expect to be teased until the wheels fall of guys.  :laugh:

Jango1201

Jango1201

11.12.13 is either the DVD/BLURAY release or the announcement of the sequal.

Sorry if this post comes up more then once ( stupid phone -_- )

Game_Over_Man

Game_Over_Man

Bit late for a DVD/Blu-Ray release isn't it? Maybe the Extended Cut? Or Pt.II?

Did they secretly film enough footage to make 2 movies?

Nightmare Asylum

Interesting.

Makes me wish even more I could see the movie tonight, but I think I'm going to have to wait until Monday :(

Vertigo

It's 10-11-12, not 11-12-13. As much as the American dating system bugs me (that should mean November! Ridley!) October is when we're expecting the home media release. But that's probably too obvious...

anonamouse

Quote from: theiss2003 on Jun 08, 2012, 12:45:00 PM

could be the fact that Ridleys son directed the virals? if you go on RSA, Ridley Scott Associates site, it's SCAREY how big the firm is. he ain't just a director, he virtually is WEYLAND!!! a massive multinational media conglomerate ffs. who knew  ??? :o

Zenzucht

So is Cameron..

It has been recently revealed that he is in the board of the company developing technology suitable for mining on the asteroids.

Great idea I think.

anonamouse

Quote from: Zenzucht on Jun 08, 2012, 06:42:37 PM
So is Cameron..

It has been recently revealed that he is in the board of the company developing technology suitable for mining on the asteroids.

Great idea I think.

just goes to show the power that comes with amusing the masses  ;)

i just had a f**kin terrible thought... imagine if Cameron took a "Titanic" angle on the crash of the ship on LV-223  :o

Spudy1216

Seems to me that their gonna milk this cow till it dies...  :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed