Prometheus : The Art of the Film (book)

Started by ThisBethesdaSea, Jun 05, 2012, 02:30:54 AM

Author
Prometheus : The Art of the Film (book) (Read 76,472 times)

Xenomorphine

B-b-but Starbeast is...

Y U MAKE ME CONFUSE THEM? :-[

You know you secretly wanted to see this...

Cvalda

BLERGH.

As unimpressive as it is, the new, proper Starbeast is better than that. 8)

MrSpaceJockey

Yep. This time it's actually in the shape of a star!

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 10, 2012, 02:19:08 AM
BLERGH.

As unimpressive as it is, the new, proper Starbeast is better than that. 8)

BLASPHEMY

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jun 10, 2012, 02:20:01 AM
Yep. This time it's actually in the shape of a star!

While I'll call them different names for the sake of... Differentiation... Ing... I cannot dispute this point.

'Point'.

Heh...

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I honestly find the name 'Trilobite' for the tentacled thing to be downright hilarious. Seriously?  Trilobite? Did they grab a paleontology book and just... pick up the first name that sounded cool to them?

Xhan

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 07, 2012, 06:23:26 PM
Does anyone remember if the music for the 'An Old Friend' track featured in the film? Might have been a reference to this, if so - which means that it could have been filmed.

Weyland's Holo-Entrance.

MrSpaceJockey

And the track was actually called "Friend from the Past," fitting the scene.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: 180924609 on Jun 09, 2012, 05:57:55 PM
Just in case there is any doubt as to whether the Giger art of the 'alien hands' clasped around an 'alien egg' is Prometheus canon, check the following ampule room mural comparison shot:

A point of note worth mentioning here is that the 'alien hands' clasped around the egg have the distinctive webbed six fingers of the familiar xeno. But the proto-goblin-alien thing at the end of Prometheus appears to only have 5 fingers?

Oh man! I'm having such a geeky nerd moment right now! Feeling like a little kid on x-mas day!  ;D

Sexy Poot

I would have never seen the hands holding the egg if it weren't for that post. Shame they covered it up and passed it so quickly.

XenoVC

I think that the original idea for Fifield's transformation was way more interesting, dramatic and grotesque.

It's a missed effect for sure, he looked like he was turning into a Drone-ish thing, rather than some sort of primal, zombie.

RoaryUK

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 05, 2012, 02:33:54 AM
It's been pushed back to August in the UK. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they surprise us this week with the same.

No it hasn't, I spoke to Amazon about this, recieved comformation yesterday (June 10th) my copy would be delivered no later than June 20th

Virgil

How strange. I ordered mine from Amazon and it arrived this morning. Any other people from the UK still waiting?

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Virgil_uk on Jun 11, 2012, 02:21:26 PM
How strange. I ordered mine from Amazon and it arrived this morning. Any other people from the UK still waiting?

Knowing Amazon I wouldn't be suprised if it arrived tomorrow, I only ordered a few days ago, seeing that other post about August I decided to check anyway, but reading yours has arrived is great news  :)

Virgil

I believe I ordered mine roughly one month ago so that could explain the difference in delivery dates. I can't see any reason why you won't have it by the end of the week :) It's a great read. What struck me most was the image of the deacon heading towards the (now) derelict. You're left with the impression it has the intelligence to fly the ship.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed