Prometheus : The Art of the Film (book)

Started by ThisBethesdaSea, Jun 05, 2012, 02:30:54 AM

Author
Prometheus : The Art of the Film (book) (Read 76,452 times)

Zenomorph

Quote from: Glaive on Jun 07, 2012, 06:26:27 PM
I'm just waiting for the new Cinefex, TBH... ;D

Same
Cinefex rocks!!!!

ikarop

ikarop

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: ikarop on Jun 08, 2012, 09:30:00 PM
More pieces: http://prometheusfrance.forumdefans.com/t36-le-livre-officiel-informations-officielles

So those were indeed xeno hands in the mural. And now we can see they're holding an egg. Well at least this hopefully means the xeno is already perfectly existant and doesn't get "created" in some later prequel.

This artwork really is beautiful, even if the creature designs are nothing special. I know this film's story is quite disappointing, but I'm at least looking forward to the visuals.

hfeldhaus

From these pics it looks like the proto-alien gets on the other juggernaut with shaw and David! The sequel will be on the jockey planet with the proto f**king everything up! One of the jockeys gets infected tries to get away but crashes on LV426

BUGZ

So did they actually make full suited Engineers then? (space jockey suits)

Bri

GreatKnower

Yeah there are actually 2 suits made. There is a skin tight "liner" we see the Jockey wearing and another suit as shown above that goes over it. We only see the outer suit during the hologram sequence and when the Jockey gets in the chair.

Spoiler
Whats irks me about it is in the first holo sequence, you see the jockeys totally suited up. In the second holo sequence, the "pilots" are just wearing their liners and one actually walks in carrying his helmet. The jockey we meet has to get into the chair to get the helmet and suit but once the ship is downed, he just walks out into open atmosphere in his liner. We never actually see a living jockey moving around in the full "regalia".
[close]

AsapJockey

So in the art in the Book, the New Xeno gets outta the pod see's the ship and heads to it? while tubes are growing outta its shoulders? Seem's like they really wanted to f**k up our minds, into thinking LV-223 will alter be renamed LV-426 and this is how the eggs became....HMMMMM guess it didnt crash 2,000 years ago...Oh DAMON LINADOLPH

JaaayDee

A ton more images have been added to the gallery.

Ridleygrams, anyone?  ;D

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 08, 2012, 09:33:59 PM
So those were indeed xeno hands in the mural. And now we can see they're holding an egg. Well at least this hopefully means the xeno is already perfectly existant and doesn't get "created" in some later prequel.

Interesting, yes!

I don't recall seeing that image in the film, but if it is there, looks like this is proof that the Aliens already existed before the events of this film.

Spaghetti

MasCot

The concept art is immensely cool! Very talented people worked on that film.

I'm still not into the 'Trilobite' design though... BTW why is it called a Trilobite? In the book it says the Trilobites of the Cambrian were the sort of inspiration for this creature, but then this doesn't make any sense. The Trilobites were very ancient arthropods and they had three sections to their bodies: a front section, a middle section and a tail section.

The 'Prometheus-Trilobite' is certainly not an arthropod and it doesn't have three sections, it looks more like an octopus.

Apart from that, cool book, it makes me want to watch Prometheus 2, or whatever they'll call it.:)

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 09, 2012, 04:49:50 AM
Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 08, 2012, 09:33:59 PM

Interesting, yes!

I don't recall seeing that image in the film, but if it is there, looks like this is proof that the Aliens already existed before the events of this film.

What i've been saying since day one :)

Not a big fan of all those CGIed illustrations.
Those of the climax Shaw vs Engineer are just plain ugly.
Bring me back those cool 2D drawing with photoshop colors.

Where do you see  mouth and teeths in that final design?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: BUGZ on Jun 08, 2012, 10:25:15 PM

Someone please tell me the purpose of a space suit with a mouth and teeth, when there's a 'breathing hose' already...

All the Space Tapir talk aside, I actually like the design on the left. Would've worked if they just used that as a living creature.

Boggles me how silly this image is:

Letters on the right express my reaction perfectly. Rly?

And, and, they've called the squid thing 'trilobite'? :laugh: Do they have a bare idea of what a trilobite is?

NGR01

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: NGR01 on Jun 09, 2012, 10:18:36 AM
Nowhere. The '79 Jockey had them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed