Prometheus : The Art of the Film (book)

Started by ThisBethesdaSea, Jun 05, 2012, 02:30:54 AM

Author
Prometheus : The Art of the Film (book) (Read 77,019 times)

Nichs

Not too keen on that alternative Proto Alien design, it looks like something out of Hellboy 2.

Cvalda

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jun 07, 2012, 05:11:05 PM
Hey on a different note, has anyone gotten ahold of the Prometheus novelization?  I've been wondering why no one is talking about it, as it could potentially show us much more that was cut from the film and flesh out the plot, maybe even fill some of the plot holes.

Anybody have an idea bout it?
There isn't one. :P

RagingDragon

All of the marketing and hype, and not having something as simple as a Novelization?

wtf, Fox.  Maybe they were worried it would address too many questions, like novelizations usually do, and make the film look bad. :laugh:

Cvalda

Novelizations are almost a thing of the past. It's not unusual.

What I wish they still did were the Movie Novels, where they basically publish the film almost frame for frame in book format. ALIEN had one, and it is a magnificent reference :)

RagingDragon

That sounds awesome.  I've been reading the Alan Dean Foster Alien novelization for the past few weeks now, re-reading the derelict parts and some other things.  It's really fantastic.

That's odd, I remember novelizations for many modern movies.  Transformers always seems to have them, and they still have the same sort of disposable feel as the rest of the film merchandise.  That sucks, though.

LarsVader

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 07, 2012, 05:16:58 PM
... where they basically publish the film almost frame for frame ...
It's called DVD or bluRay.  :P

Spoiler
:laugh: Sorry, don't hurt me.
[close]

RagingDragon

Hurrrr!

Xenomorphine

Quote from: NGR01 on Jun 07, 2012, 04:35:09 PM
Simply that Scott went with the wrong designs.
More things points to one chain of event.
Fifield morphing into a xeno was maybe too obvious for mister mystery Lindelof so they decided to keep him in his first state.
Hope he will be back in the inevitable extended cut.

If they went to the stage of art and being built, it's more likely that Scott was the one responsible for downgrading them, not writers. Especially in light of the recent interview revelation. The things probably wouldn't have got to that level if they weren't already in the story.

Cvalda

Quote from: LarsVader on Jun 07, 2012, 05:36:40 PM
Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 07, 2012, 05:16:58 PM
... where they basically publish the film almost frame for frame ...
It's called DVD or bluRay.  :P

Spoiler
:laugh: Sorry, don't hurt me.
[close]
But having it in a book is really cool :P

Valaquen

Spoiler

[close]

This would've been cool to see. According to on early trailer commentary there were two Engineers at the beginning, IIRC. Love the Elder.

fiveways

I wonder how many of the half done ideas were shitcanned in the thought of a PG-13 rating?

Hopefully they will return them on DVD.

Xenomorphine

Does anyone remember if the music for the 'An Old Friend' track featured in the film? Might have been a reference to this, if so - which means that it could have been filmed.

Glaive

I'm just waiting for the new Cinefex, TBH... ;D

Cvalda

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 07, 2012, 06:23:26 PM
Does anyone remember if the music for the 'An Old Friend' track featured in the film? Might have been a reference to this, if so - which means that it could have been filmed.
That track apparently plays in the first act during Weyland's recorded speech.

Xenomorphine

Ahhh... That would make sense. Thank you.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed