New TV Spot! "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"

Started by boostedlsj, Jun 03, 2012, 05:39:21 PM

Author
New TV Spot! "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" (Read 13,263 times)

boostedlsj

yea they have quite a few different versions. The one I seen had the Sarcoph opening up and had Shaw screaming for someone to pick up the transmission. It was quite a bit creepier. But thanks Darkness!

fiveways

Quote from: boostedlsj on Jun 04, 2012, 01:56:37 PM
yea they have quite a few different versions. The one I seen had the Sarcoph opening up and had Shaw screaming for someone to pick up the transmission. It was quite a bit creepier. But thanks Darkness!

I havent seen that one.  I wonder if someone was reading the forums cause that dead space add had been talked about a few times on here months ago. 

I thought it was a bad idea.  The toybox thing reeks of shitty survival horror games to me.  Though, I like the second one with the alien swell super reverbed after Vickers speakers.  That was a nice touch.

Alienseseses

Is the engineer chase through the ship really not in the movie?

Predaker

I saw this TV spot on "FX" earlier today. Just happened to catch it as I was flipping channels, lol.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Alienseseses on Jun 04, 2012, 05:01:38 PM
It seems that it is missing for the most part. Which seriously sucks if true.

TrixieVanSickle

That spot really gave me chills.  It brought to mind, to me, a parallel of Ripley's singing "You Are My Lucky Star" immediately.
I think that may be what they were going for.  I didn't even remember the use of the song in the Alien Resurrection trailer until it was mentioned.
I wonder if they wanted to use Lucky Star but couldn't get  the rights.

Agent

acrediblesource

Why are the soundbites so aweful?
Janik " How many are [there]"  Who said "there" that sounded like it was generated by a text to speech generator. Terrible.

GreatKnower

GreatKnower

Quote from: Alienseseses on Jun 04, 2012, 05:01:38 PM

Ridley stated he cut the final battle scene (shaw w/axe vs SJ) because it diminished his god like status, which honestly is a BS answer/reason. The hologram sequences show the SJs as human-like and fallible, the SJ coughing and losing his step as he awakes shows that he is human-like and vulnerable, and his reaction to the humans shows anger and vengeance, which is another human quality. How would "losing" a fight with a woman wielding an axe, fighting for her life, diminish the SJ anymore than the movie has previously established?

Hell hath no Fury like a woman scorned.

In my opinion, the way the SJ was depicted as a whole already diminishes any God like expectations one may have of him.
I really dont know what to make of Rdiley after seeing his recent interviews. Is he an artist? Is he a corporate shill? Is he senile? He clearly isnt all there and his answers seem scripted or spur of the moment placatings.

MrSpaceJockey

Perhaps he is just as cryptic as the characters in this film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed