Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus with Slashgear

Started by Promethean Fire, Jun 03, 2012, 03:43:06 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus with Slashgear (Read 14,488 times)

Vickers

I really, really hope we get a decent extended cut.  Because, based on a lot of what I've read and heard, there are definitely issues with edits and cuts.

Darth Vile

Quote from: Vickers on Jun 04, 2012, 07:28:09 AM
I really, really hope we get a decent extended cut.  Because, based on a lot of what I've read and heard, there are definitely issues with edits and cuts.

I think a lot of people get confused when talking about an 'edit' and think the inclusion of more material can make something better. It usually doesn't. If anything, Prometheus is a bit flabby around the middle and could do with losing a few minutes to make the pace tighter. I'd always welcome a little more gore in an Alien movie, and I think you can definitely tell that Prometheus has been edited with a 15 certificate in mind. However, a tad more blood & guts/swearing won't fundamentally change a movie for the better.

NGR01

NGR01

Yeah everyone don't get it but you do i think we got your point...  ::)

They really think they made an awesome movie, not just good but awesome that equals BLADE RUNNER or ALIEN...
I'm so happy that my fiends from the biz (people who actually worked with Scott or for Fox on the franchise) think the movie is really poorly written and is just some glorified AVP...

The backlash already begun on Lindelof twitter can't wait when it will be relased in the US and my friends will be pouring bile...

Glaive

Quote from: NGR01 on Jun 04, 2012, 11:59:02 AM

They really think they made an awesome movie, not just good but awesome that equals BLADE RUNNER or ALIEN...
I'm so happy that my fiends from the biz (people who actually worked with Scott or for Fox on the franchise) think the movie is really poorly written and is just some glorified AVP...

So, you're finally admitting where you got the intel..

NGR01

LOL

never got any intel from fox.
this from a Friend that has ties with Fox and Scott but i never asked himanything about PROMETHEUS since he was not on that project. He juste wrote a very long review on facebook about the movie and this is what i refer to.

I ve told before where the intel i had came from but you never listened...

SpeedyMaxx

I think we're getting a tad vitriolic.  I work in the industry myself but I've not seen the knives out for the film from anyone a la John Carter or Battleship.  At least not in the States.  And I really don't see any kind of Internet revolution happening on twitter or anywhere else.

Whatever division in opinion among hardcore fandom, it's going to make its bank, probably do quite well domestically and most likely get a sequel greenlit.

Truise

Quote from: Divpax on Jun 03, 2012, 06:02:20 PM
Quote from: Promethean Fire on Jun 03, 2012, 05:41:01 PM
I would however, love to see Chris Nolan take a crack at the next installment!
[...] I watched the 4 hour 40minute of das boot without getting bored [...]

Good man.

Mongo

Speaking of not wanting Lindelof to return, you people might be in luck seeing as how he's looking to get back into TV again. He's said he's kind of spaced out with the movies he's been involved in.

NGR01

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Jun 04, 2012, 01:32:28 PM
I think we're getting a tad vitriolic.  I work in the industry myself but I've not seen the knives out for the film from anyone a la John Carter or Battleship.  At least not in the States.  And I really don't see any kind of Internet revolution happening on twitter or anywhere else.

Whatever division in opinion among hardcore fandom, it's going to make its bank, probably do quite well domestically and most likely get a sequel greenlit.

I'm not talkign about an general move but the people i know.
And i don't know EVERYBODY lol
And it was my point the movie has not come out yet in the US i'm expecting more of this from my fiends when it will.
On Lindeloff twitter you already have a few reactions but yeah most of the people wont go and piss on Damon porch.

I have no doubt the movie can be a success but i have no care for such things.
The fact that movie bombs or rule at the box office means shit to me.
I just judge the movie itself.

Darth Vile

Quote from: NGR01 on Jun 04, 2012, 11:59:02 AM

Not at all... but clearly there are some folk who are willing to go to great lengths writing reviews etc. Like it really matters, like it makes a difference.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed