Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus with Slashgear

Started by Promethean Fire, Jun 03, 2012, 03:43:06 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus with Slashgear (Read 14,486 times)

Promethean Fire

Great new interview.  Like the tidbit about the cut Weyland dream sequence.  Presumably this was the scene to be shot in Spain that was cut for budgetary reasons -

http://www.slashgear.com/ridley-scott-talks-prometheus-with-slashgear-candid-uncut-02231334/

Valaquen

Sounds like the Weyland sequence was the aborted Spain shoot. Wish they'd used it, because everyone knew it was bloody Weyland in there. And Ridley ... recut your film, please.

Promethean Fire

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 03, 2012, 04:22:16 PM
Sounds like the Weyland sequence was the aborted Spain shoot. Wish they'd used it, because everyone knew it was bloody Weyland in there. And Ridley ... recut your film, please.

If they intended to have Guy Pearce in a dream sequence, why didn't they just shoot a cheaper alternative?  Weyland sitting in a 2001 style Bedroom would have suited me.  No need for hot chicks on Jet skis, no matter how cool that sounds.

I don't think we are getting an extended cut.  Nothing more than a deleted/alternate/extended scene selection.  Fan edit away to your heart's content!

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Nice interview.. i'm digging the stuff about the black goo! :laugh:
It's definitely a swiss-knife bio-weapon.

Alien³

Great interview with some interesting points to it.

eyesofthedemon

Nice read,thanks for posting it

I so want a sequel now!

Promethean Fire

Quote from: eyesofthedemon on Jun 03, 2012, 05:29:58 PM

I so want a sequel now!

I want a sequel minus Lindelof.  And possibly Scott too, unfortunately. :(  Its sad to say, but I've become less and less impressed with his output over the years.

I would however, love to see Chris Nolan take a crack at the next installment!

Divpax

Divpax

Quote from: Promethean Fire on Jun 03, 2012, 05:41:01 PM
No! Just... No!

Prometheus: part 2
Starring Michael Caine, Christian Bale, Joseph Jordon Levitt, Cillian Murphy and Leonardo DiCaprio.

Just no.

Sorry to sound negative but f*ck Nolan. Keep his dirty hands off this one decent film. While prometheus is clearly cut down too short Nolan has the magical ability to make every film not only be too long but FEEL to long. I watched the 4 hour 40minute of das boot without getting bored, the dark knight made me fall asleep.

Promethean Fire

Quote from: Divpax on Jun 03, 2012, 06:02:20 PM
No! Just... No!

Prometheus: part 2
Starring Michael Caine, Christian Bale, Joseph Jordon Levitt, Cillian Murphy and Leonardo DiCaprio.

Just no.

Sorry to sound negative but f*ck Nolan. Keep his dirty hands off this one decent film. While prometheus is clearly cut down too short Nolan has the magical ability to make every film not only be too long but FEEL to long. I watched the 4 hour 40minute of das boot without getting bored, the dark knight made me fall asleep.

I'm not talking about "The Dark Knight" Nolan, I'm talklng about the "Memento" Nolan, "The Prestige" Nolan.  Presumably, he still has the ability to deliver tight and effective pictures like those.  Okay, so The Prestige may be a little shaky, but Memento is wound tighter than a gnat's ass.

Darth Vile

I so want a sequel now!

I want a sequel minus Lindelof.  And possibly Scott too, unfortunately. :(  Its sad to say, but I've become less and less impressed with his output over the years.

Is that the extent of your imagination? All the directors in all the world and you'd pick Nolan...

Promethean Fire

Quote from: Darth Vile on Jun 03, 2012, 06:15:38 PM

I so want a sequel now!

Is that the extent of your imagination? All the directors in all the world and you'd pick Nolan...

No, I just have a preference for his work.  If I had absolute creative control, then I'd hire Chris Cunningham.  But he would scare the absolute shit out of any studio.

Parker

IMO there's still going to  be an extended cut at some point.  Of course they're not going to say "oh yeah there's a shitload of stuff I want to add" when the movie hasn't been released in the US yet!  The last thing they want is the general public thinking that the movie is deserving of an extended cut which will make some pass on paying the 10+ bucks to see it in the theater. 

I don't think it will take 25 years to release an extended cut, but remember for years Ridley had no desire to make any changes to Alien but finally came out with his directors cut of alien that added some new elements to the mythos.  I'd be willing to wager that at some point, maybe not the initial release, but eventually there will be a cut with additional scenes added.

Gash

Gash

I really hope for an extended cut. It needs it just as much as Blade Runner or Kingdom of Heaven did. Usually I'm not into films spiraling towards 3 hours but this film can hold interest through intrigue and could easily hold you for another 30 minutes. But I think somewhere along the way someone forget that a certain amount of exposition would have just made sense of some of the character assumptions. I'm sure there is missing character stuff and I'd be very surprised if there wasn't more than just a frown of dissatisfaction from David when Shaw appears post op, there must be some fallout from her attacking Ford etc.

Also, if there are 17 crew members I reckon I can only account for 11 deaths, so either that's a fairly random number or some major battle with Fifileld was seriously cut down - given Janek's cut line "Kill everything" perhaps Fifield was spreading the infection wildly amongst his attackers making it neccesary to sterilise the landing bay. ?

It could certainly do with a bit more gore (which is something else I never thought I'd say).

I like the film, a lot, but there's no doubting that flaws could be ironed out if the appropriate extra footage exists.

MR EL1M1NATOR

I just read as much as I could stand of that interview. These guys really think they made a good film?

How could they be happy with it? I just don't understand.

ChrisPachi

Scott comes across a pretty belligerent in that interview. Is he blasted again? ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed