Prometheus Box Office

Started by Spidey3121, Jun 02, 2012, 03:20:19 AM

Author
Prometheus Box Office (Read 151,048 times)

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

We've had a lot of discussion predicting what kind of money this film will make. Well, now that it's upon us, i reckon we ought to have a thread for it. I didn't see one, at least not on the past few pages. It's off to a 5.5 million start over Wednesday/Thursday, and looks as if it's going to hit big in the UK this weekend...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-prometheus-snow-white-uk-332235

----------

Here are some great sites to check for tracking the domestic launch this weekend. Most will also list there projections either tomorrow or early Friday. I'll be sure to post 'em as i see 'em, but if you want to check them all out yourself, here you go:

http://www.boxoffice.com/

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/ (Twitter: @boxofficemojo)

http://www.boxofficeprophets.com/

http://www.ercboxoffice.com/ (Twitter: ERCboxoffice)

http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/

There are of course other sites, but these are 5 solid options. ERC likes to beat all others to the bunch. Deadline Hollywood typically gives 6 updates over the course of the weekend. 2 a day, 1 in the AM, 1 in the PM.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Wow! Awesome....get ready....I think it's gonna make some money!

ripley161

ripley161

I want it to do really well and  make loads of money . I want an even bigger budget to go into  a sequel. 

cossack0909

cossack0909

Quote from: ripley161 on Jun 02, 2012, 07:12:11 AM
I want it to do really well and  make loads of money . I want an even bigger budget to go into  a sequel.

yep,me too.

RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND

watched it last night, wasn't impressed, BUT , i still want it to make a shed load of cash so they can make more movies and hopefully improve on the first,

problem is, there were only about 15 to 20 people at the showing i went to!. i hope thats not a reflection of what happened at other cinemas.

thanks

rich

Divpax

Divpax

Quote from: RICH-ENGLAND on Jun 02, 2012, 09:43:13 AM
watched it last night, wasn't impressed, BUT , i still want it to make a shed load of cash so they can make more movies and hopefully improve on the first,

problem is, there were only about 15 to 20 people at the showing i went to!. i hope thats not a reflection of what happened at other cinemas.

thanks

rich
Well I've seen it twice, once at midnight and then at 11.30 in the morning and both were pretty busy.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I just want a sequel so they can give me some answers.

RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: Divpax on Jun 02, 2012, 09:57:58 AM
Quote from: RICH-ENGLAND on Jun 02, 2012, 09:43:13 AM

thanks

rich
Well I've seen it twice, once at midnight and then at 11.30 in the morning and both were pretty busy.
thats good then, probably just my city thats a bit strange then!. lol

thanks

rich

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 02, 2012, 09:59:55 AM
I just want a sequel so they can give me some answers.

yeah, hopefully a lot better explanation of how the goo works and the alien life cycle because it makes no sense now, and also why the engineers would want to destroy what they created.

thanks

rich

Valaquen

Valaquen

I wish the film stunning financial success, so they can make a sequel ... and I hope they listen to the criticisms, so they avoid the same ridiculous mistakes.

MR EL1M1NATOR

MR EL1M1NATOR

I think it will initially do well, though weather or not it will make money I don't know as they must have spent an incredible amount of money hyping this film. Now I know why, as it isn't a film that will do well off of word of mouth.

Gazz

Gazz

It's tracking to make about $60 million on the opening weekend according to Boxoffice.com and HSX (on deadline).

james757

james757

I am in UK Dorset. Was in Poole Empire Cinema for Friday 8.30pm showing. There was a que to get in. The cinema was fully booked and is pretty much booked for every hour showing for the whole diamond jubilee weekend. I would say it was quite an older crowd in the cinema much more than normal (i go every week).

There were quite a few groans on the ending of the film though. No suprise there though with the generic ending.

Bournemouth Odeon I believe  was fully booked.

Its all looking good for overall income for the film.

Eva

Eva

I hope it will be successful in the hope that it will encourage studios to develop and fund movies dealing with big and potentially controversial ideas.  :)

Imo 80% of what is made in Hollywood today, aren't worth 20% of the effort put into making the movies in the first place.

Oh, and a Prometheus sequel would be nice too...  ;)

RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: james757 on Jun 02, 2012, 11:45:23 AM
I am in UK Dorset. Was in Poole Empire Cinema for Friday 8.30pm showing. There was a que to get in. The cinema was fully booked and is pretty much booked for every hour showing for the whole diamond jubilee weekend. I would say it was quite an older crowd in the cinema much more than normal (i go every week).

There were quite a few groans on the ending of the film though. No suprise there though with the generic ending.

Bournemouth Odeon I believe  was fully booked.

Its all looking good for overall income for the film.

thats good to hear, im from hull, east yorkshire, it was a little strange, as ive seen almost every alien/predator movie at cinema and theyve all been packed on first night, cinema was empty last night. dont know if its just that cinema, or just nobody in this city that interested in this movie.

thanks

rich

JonesTheCat

JonesTheCat

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 02, 2012, 10:13:56 AM
I wish the film stunning financial success, so they can make a sequel ... and I hope they listen to the criticisms, so they avoid the same ridiculous mistakes.

Simple solution - drop Damon Lindelof down a very deep hole and keep him well away from any sequel. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed