Prometheus Producer Talks Sequels, Blu-Ray

Started by Darkness, Jun 01, 2012, 09:37:18 AM

Author
Prometheus Producer Talks Sequels, Blu-Ray (Read 9,518 times)

Darkness

There’s new interview on Heyuguys.co.uk with Prometheus producer Michael Constigan who was on the red carpet for last night’s London premiere. He talks about potential sequels to Prometheus and about the recent viral videos. The most interesting thing he talks about is the Prometheus Blu-Ray set. It sounds like there won’t be any kind of radical director’s cut. He says there is some additional material but the cut in the cinema is what Ridley Scott intended.

Obviously Ridley's known for doing director's cuts of his films, quite epic long ones. This comes in at two hours, so how much is on the cutting room floor, and how much will we get on the Blu-Ray?

The nature of those director's cuts has changed with Blu-Ray. There's certainly some additional material that can be added, I think enhance a few things. It'll be to show more, it won't be because he feels dissatisfied with this cut, this is the cut he stands by and loves, there's no major secret looming that hasn't been included – at least not that comes to the top of my head. There'll be some goodies. I think also in this one, a lot of the things we've explored in the viral pieces, have also given him – I think that's what's been so satisfying for him. What's so satisfying about the process is that some of the things a director looks to do, those viral films allow you to kind of explore some different ideas.

Thanks to seeasea for the news.

Prime113

Ah. I kinda figured there wouldn't be a grand Directors Cut, but its cool to see that they will add some scenes. Also, more virals? Always cool.

NGR01

Thanks.
What i was expecting.
No major new plot but hopefully more character developpments.
Wich will help a lot the movie.

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

Quote from: NGR01 on Jun 01, 2012, 09:48:39 AM
Thanks.
What i was expecting.
I don't know if only characters improvements can really help the movie. It really needs some plot improvements in order to fill the blanks. Too many holes in this screenplay.

Prime113

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Jun 01, 2012, 09:50:38 AM
Thanks.
What i was expecting.
No major new plot but hopefully more character developments.

Uhhh. Did you quote that for truth, or...?

EEV-2501

^No :). I've just forget to wrote my sentence.

OpenMaw

One of my all time favorite critics said of details within a film;
"You don't get credit for something you didn't put in the movie because... *pause* you didn't put it in the movie!"

Which is how I feel about the viral stuff. I'm glad Scott had fun, but those things will not be on my mind at all when I go to watch the movie. Those are extra bits of entertainment for those who wish to partake, the movie needs to stand on it's own and be just as rich and telling without them.

I'll be very interested to see what the differences are between Prometheus The Theatrical Cut, and Prometheus The Extended Cut.  ;D

Prime113

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Jun 01, 2012, 09:56:55 AM
^No :). I've just forget to wrote my sentence.

Ahh. I see it, man.  :)

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 01, 2012, 09:59:55 AM
One of my all time favorite critics said of details within a film;
"You don't get credit for something you didn't put in the movie because... *pause* you didn't put it in the movie!"

Which is how I feel about the viral stuff. I'm glad Scott had fun, but those things will not be on my mind at all when I go to watch the movie. Those are extra bits of entertainment for those who wish to partake, the movie needs to stand on it's own and be just as rich and telling without them.

I'll be very interested to see what the differences are between Prometheus The Theatrical Cut, and Prometheus The Extended Cut.  ;D

I agree, but I watch movies to have fun, and the viral things are fun, sooo.

NGR01

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Jun 01, 2012, 09:50:38 AM
Thanks.
What i was expecting.
I don't know if only characters improvements can really help the movie. It really needs some plot improvements in order to fill the blanks. Too many holes in this screenplay.

it would definitly help me accept for exemple :
Spoiler
Ravel and Chance happy suicide.
Shaw and Janek bonding not over just one moment.
Maybe some Janek military background explaining his view of the base.
The fact that in the trailer the chain of events are differents, with that shot of Weyland getting out at the same moment, the mercs are dealing with Fifield.
It won't completly save the movie but ease my viewing ^^
[close]

EEV-2501

^Sure. Some characters improvements and quotes can strenghten the story and the film. More of Janek can really help. Absolutely.

Prime113

More Idris Elba is never a bad thing.

EEV-2501

^Absolutely. He's magnificent.

NGR01

"If you can't be with the once you love.
Love the one you're with."

What a player that Janek!

;)

RoaryUK

The last 20 minutes is still a bit of a mess for me, they need to at least make it a little more coherent, anything else I can put up with....even the burster!

Ritual Armour

I realize that there are several contradictions in the film as the space jockey who was not at the barrel of the ship, what happened to the supueto alien who left the space jockey on a ship exhaust in alien: the eighth passenger the escape pod was not?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed