Four New Clips!

Started by Darkness, May 30, 2012, 11:13:51 AM

Author
Four New Clips! (Read 24,731 times)

aliennaire

aliennaire

Quote from: Kev Loaf on May 30, 2012, 12:09:34 PM

The only positive that I read about it is that its visually stunning. No praise for story. Bad sign.
The story is concorted to spawn out new, next story. i.e. has clearly open end for follow-up (leastways, it's what I've got from several reviews, going to make my mind tonight!)

AncientPred

AncientPred

im liking things so far.

didn't many critics hate ALIEN when it first came out?

armageddon

armageddon

I really like how the movie looks like and I'm sure I will enjoy it. I love sci-fi and am easily entertained.

I just wish the story would have been better. From the spoilers I have read so far there isn't anything new, surprising or unique in it. Is it really that hard nowadays to come up with something new?

JKS1

JKS1

Quote from: Firestorm on May 30, 2012, 11:24:41 AM
If one thing is certain amind the whole air of negativity and uncertainty over the last few days, it's the quality of Fassbenders performance, which seems to show in these short clips.

I liked the Head chamber clip, and shall be reserving my judgement for when i see the film for myself on Friday evening.

Agreed, Fassbender's performance is absolutely riveting

Love the ampule room clip

Unfortunately every little bit of LMG's performance I've seen in every clip so far is cheesy and cringeworthy beyond belief

The music seems pretty 'meh' so far also, pretty forgettable...........hopefully I'll be proven wrong tomorrow when I see the movie, but based on what I've heard so far, I doubt the film score will blow me away......pretty sure the whole movie experience will be a very enjoyable ride overall though, and no doubt based on whats been shown so far, itll be visually staggering

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

These videos just stinks of desperation on Fox's part.

Scott can seriously f**k off and so can Lindelcock!!! If there is a sequel I hope someone who values story over visuals gets it. Without story, visuals mean nothing.

The only positive that I read about it is that its visually stunning. No praise for story. Bad sign.

If you want a story... read a book. If you want visuals... go see a movie. Simples.  ;)

Gruyères

Gruyères

Quote from: JonesTheCat on May 30, 2012, 11:29:16 AM
Also, too much music where silence would be more atmospheric.

this.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: aliennaire on May 30, 2012, 12:16:48 PM

The story is concocted to spawn out a new, next story. i.e. has clearly an open end for a follow-up (leastways, it's what I've got from several reviews, going to make my mind tonight!)

It was originally touted as two films when it was an Alien prequel, this shouldn't be a huge surprise. Although I thought Ridley was developing a host of new projects. Mind you, he'd have to stay quiet about a follow up to Prometheus until release anyway.

I don't get these boards sometimes. Everyone it seems has been bleating on about the fact this film must be a success for there to be a sequel, then low and behold it looks like that was the plan and anger rains down.

Fair enough, when I see the film I may be disappointed, but I'm struck by just how similar a lot of these criticisms are to those of ALIEN and Blade Runner. Perhaps some people just aren't as into Ridley Sci-Fi as they claimed.

DendaReloaded

DendaReloaded

ridley talked so much about how uniqe the movie is and how brilliant the ideas and the story are.
hell, the plot isn't unique or interesting and shit, though that doesn't mean the movie will be bad.
hoping for good acting/voiceacting moments, some good dialogue, score/atmosphere combinations... ridley need to push the movie with those things if plot goes wrong

Gash

Gash

Quote from: DendaReloaded on May 30, 2012, 01:25:06 PM
ridley talked so much about how uniqe the movie is and how brilliant the ideas and the story are.
hell, the plot isn't unique or interesting and shit,

Oh, you've seen it.

Quote from: DendaReloaded on May 30, 2012, 01:25:06 PMHoping for good acting/voiceacting moments, some good dialogue, score/atmosphere combinations... ridley need to push the movie with those things if plot goes wrong

Oh, you haven't seen it.

szkoki

szkoki

"-what do you think why your people made me?
-we made you because we could
-imagine how dissapointing would be to hear that from your creators"

that gives me chills and its a big slap in the face for are the religious people

scenes like this, dialoges like this make a movie great if the plot is not so great..... for example FOR ME matrix was unique but its not my favourite movie but i luve some dialogues in it

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: AncientPred on May 30, 2012, 12:25:14 PM
im liking things so far.

didn't many critics hate ALIEN when it first came out?

But Alien is now a classic.
Prometheus will never be unless you like the slasher thing aka AVP-R, the same story narrative ala AVP with stupid idea and concept that simply makes non sense.
The score doesn't match the atmosphere also.
And Visually there's only the beginning that is interesting. The rest of the movie is just... random.
Even the juggernaut feels weak compare to the Derelic in terms of atmospheres.

Gruyères

Gruyères

funny how everytime I read the word "wrong" on these forums I hear the Shaw sentence "we were so wrong" in my head over and over  :laugh: damn Fox promoters!

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

Quote from: Gruyères on May 30, 2012, 01:30:43 PM
funny how everytime I read the word "wrong" on these forums I hear the Shaw sentence "we were so wrong" in my head over and over  :laugh: damn Fox promoters!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niTZztdrXIE#

Cvalda

Cvalda

These clips are horribly edited. Horribly. If this reflects the editing of the final film, we have major problems.

Also, LMG sucks, etc. :P

Taxemic

Taxemic

Suprised by the negativity and dissapointment of those who haven't seen this film yet, but in a way it's a good thing for me as my expectations are now not as high and I'll be watching it friday with a very open mind, not expecting the best film of my life. =)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed