User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

In short, what did you think of the film?

Loved it! (5/5)
126 (31.8%)
Good, but not great (4/5)
138 (34.8%)
It was okay, nothing good (3/5)
62 (15.7%)
Didn't care for it (2/5)
28 (7.1%)
It sucked (1/5)
21 (5.3%)
Hated it! (0/5)
21 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 395

Author Topic: Fan Reviews  (Read 159928 times)

DestinyCaptain
May 30, 2012, 05:09:34 PM
Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 05:09:34 PM
Q
Well can't help the way I feel about it, but like I said, it is a good movie, just not so much for a fan (unless you are into tentacles)

Edit: I read your review and I guess we are on the same page, I didn't feel quite as bad but definitely the last bit felt wrong somehow.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

THAT smells like LOST to me. I loved that show up to a point. It was frequently writing itself up to a wall and just dropping threads by abruptly killing a character off. Charles Widmore and John Locke are prime examples. It's really more a hallmark of the writer's style. I'd really like to know who contributed what at this point. I don't want to assume, but where there is smoke...

Truise
May 30, 2012, 05:40:55 PM
Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 05:40:55 PM
Q
Well can't help the way I feel about it, but like I said, it is a good movie, just not so much for a fan (unless you are into tentacles)

Edit: I read your review and I guess we are on the same page, I didn't feel quite as bad but definitely the last bit felt wrong somehow.

THAT smells like LOST to me. I loved that show up to a point. It was frequently writing itself up to a wall and just dropping threads by abruptly killing a character off. Charles Widmore and John Locke are prime examples. It's really more a hallmark of the writer's style. I'd really like to know who contributed what at this point. I don't want to assume, but where there is smoke...

In the end it had to come through Ridley. No point in trying to know which ideas came from Lindelof.

In the end it had to come through Ridley. No point in trying to know which ideas came from Lindelof.

That sound's awful. :(

I actually love riddles. Hope he gets another chance at this franchise.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 05:45:19 PM by Truise »

Hubbs
May 30, 2012, 05:59:19 PM
Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 05:59:19 PM
Q
This all sounds very confusing  :o I haven't seen all the trailers and I haven't kept up with the threads so I know nothing but it sounds hectic.

A shame its not going down too well, if this doesn't work it could end the Alien franchise :(

DestinyCaptain
May 30, 2012, 07:33:43 PM
Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 07:33:43 PM
Q
I think part of truely enjoying a movie is understanding what went into making it. This is true for good and bad. I am just curios what each of the three principals involved brought to it. Yes, ultimately all of it was done with Scott's approval. Really that's fine. It's his vision. He honed it. He crafted it. Watch any of his interviews and you quickly come away with the notion that he has no problem asserting himself to get what he wants. I do believe thought that sometimes it takes another voice to temper a visionary. In time we'll know more about the crafting of the story. I do want read Spaight's spec script. I read Shadow 19 and Passengers in an attempt to see what this guy was about.  He has been tight lipped about what he wrote. Maybe that will change after the film is out in all areas.

RagingDragon
May 30, 2012, 08:03:05 PM
Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 08:03:05 PM
Q
What did you think of Shadow 19?  I'm reading it now, the beginning is certainly cool.

EEV-2501
May 30, 2012, 09:26:15 PM
Reply #21 on: May 30, 2012, 09:26:15 PM
Q
I really don't know where to begin. The film was such a massive deception. My first feeling is definitely Anger. The movie is very lazy and insulting at some point.  >:(

Short Review:

Conclusion:
I'm going to watch it again to be sure and I hope this is just my review of the Theatrical Cut. I really hope the Blu-Ray Cut will be superior cause at the moment this Prometheus really doesn't match with ALIEN. Definitely. In all way.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 09:40:25 PM by EEV-2501 »

RagingDragon
May 30, 2012, 09:31:58 PM
Reply #22 on: May 30, 2012, 09:31:58 PM
Q
I really don't know where to begin. The film was such a massive deception. My first feeling is definitely Anger. The movie is very lazy and insulting at some point.  >:(

Short Review:

Conclusion:
I hope this is just my review of the Theatrical Cut. I really hope the Blu-Ray Cut will be superior cause at the moment this Prometheus really doesn't match with ALIEN. Definitely. In all way.

atlantis
May 30, 2012, 09:35:22 PM
Reply #23 on: May 30, 2012, 09:35:22 PM
Q
I just came back from it... saw it in Belgium.. I loved every minute of the movie... It's hard to make a movie that  tops ALIEN.....but!!!!! Prometheus is a good movie..and did give me lot of new inspiration to finish my Alien world Project.....and my Alien landscape walk trough....

[CANCERBLACK]
May 30, 2012, 09:52:30 PM
Reply #26 on: May 30, 2012, 09:52:30 PM
Q
A shitty Tatopoulos style design
'Tatopoulos' and 'shitty' don't belong in the same sentence.

That's just like, your opinion, man. Then again, my lurkings on the forum have informed me that while i'm as big a monster fan as you are (for reals!), we have quite different tastes. (lol, american godzilla ::))

BerserkerPred
May 30, 2012, 10:12:19 PM
Reply #27 on: May 30, 2012, 10:12:19 PM
Q

any questions I'll try and ask them!

EDIT I just realize I got the death of Holloway confused with Milburn I have no idea why I did that  ???

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 10:28:48 PM by BerserkerPred »

Hubbs
May 30, 2012, 10:54:35 PM
Reply #28 on: May 30, 2012, 10:54:35 PM
Q
So I'm getting two very different angles here, some are saying it basically looks good but a huge disappointment whilst some are saying its not great but good.

Going this Sun but my hopes are lowered now.

EEV-2501
May 30, 2012, 10:58:33 PM
Reply #29 on: May 30, 2012, 10:58:33 PM
Q
Maybe I'm wrong. Can't remember but I've just noticed that when Janek says "Kill Everything, Do You copy me ? "in the first International Trailer is not in the movie. Probably one more proof that this Theatrical Cut is a shame. We will have to wait for the Extended Cut to give a definitive opinion on the movie.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 11:01:04 PM by EEV-2501 »

Facebook Twitter Instagram Steam RSS Feed