New featurette: Vision

Started by JaaayDee, May 24, 2012, 04:29:03 PM

Author
New featurette: Vision (Read 24,078 times)

Attack.no1

Attack.no1

Not long now!!! :'(

Cvalda

Cvalda

I really love that shot of Noomi running down the corridor, looking behind her. It's not new, but I just love it.

I feel a new sig coming on...

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

The shot of the sunset and the Gigerish hill in the foreground is very nice, classic Ridley. I must say the marketings been great so far. All the viral stuff and featurettes aside, I see Prometheus trailer on TV every 15 minutes

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

You know.

I think I might just have to go see that.

Deuterium

Deuterium

What the heck does LMG say to David?

sounds like:  "why did they even hit us in the first place".

I suppose it could be:  "why did they even hid us in the first place". 

The first doesn't seem to make narrative sense,  the latter doesn't make grammatical sense.   ???

brodels_nazz

brodels_nazz

Quote from: Deuterium on May 24, 2012, 04:54:49 PM

The first doesn't seem to make narrative sense,  the latter doesn't make grammatical sense.   ???

"To meet our makers, to get answers. Why they even made us in the first place..."

LarsVader

LarsVader

It's christmas, they are drunk.

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: brodels_nazz on May 24, 2012, 05:00:37 PM

"To meet our makers, to get answers. Why they even made us in the first place..."

Well that certainly makes sense in the context of the story.  But every time I play it, I keep hearing a strong "h" sound at the beginning of the word.

DendaReloaded

DendaReloaded

"why did they even hire us in the first place?"
maybe that? my english isn't good sry

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: DendaReloaded on May 24, 2012, 05:27:34 PM
"why did they even hire us in the first place?"
maybe that? my english isn't good sry

Denda, that also would make a certain sense.  However, the word (to my ears) sounds like it is only one syllable.  "Hire" is two syllables.  No matter how many times I listen to it, the word sounds like it starts with an "h"...that is why I can't hear the word "made", as previously mentioned by brodels.

Could it be...."why did they even hate us in the first place"?  That also doesn't really make sense.  The only thing that does make sense is "made", but I just don't hear that.  Weird.  I am probably losing my hearing.

Zeta Reticuli

Zeta Reticuli

i'm 99% certain he says "why they even made us in the first place", but since LMG is saying it in a kind of amused manner he makes it sound like "...ma-hade us...". listen closely.

DendaReloaded

DendaReloaded

to me it sounded more like hid/hit
made (meeeiiiid if yoĆ¼ pronounce it) doesn't sound like it

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

I've seen it 3 times, and I've heard 'made' each time. Also...just a bit further in the conversation David asks Holloway, or they start talking about what creations may ask their creator. David says something like "if you could ask your creator one thing, what would it be? (or something like that) "why did you make me?" "because we could"

It's definitely 'made'

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

DAVID:  What do you hope to achieve by coming here?

HOLLOWAY:  To meet our makers. To get answers...why they even made us in the first place.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed