Aliens: Colonial Marines NEW Suspense Trailer

Started by gigantitan, May 21, 2012, 01:13:20 PM

Author
Aliens: Colonial Marines NEW Suspense Trailer (Read 66,466 times)

Gosutoraida

They still anounced it a bit too early. But at least we have a presumed definitive date, if it's delayed again, it won't really bother me. There's at least four games coming around late 2012 that will be satisfying enough for a while.

WinterActual

DNF was delayed with definitive date already set <.<     =>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6fFKkmIrWM#ws

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

And so was Bioshock Infinite. Your point?

A game being delayed is not a prerequisite for being bad or good.

ShadowPred

Here's hoping that it's a good thing.

WinterActual

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on May 24, 2012, 05:16:03 PM
Your point?

My point is that its wrong to think everything is gonna be fine FOR SURE now, when we have exact ACM release date. This doesn't mean anything. It can get delayed again, even with this definitive date.

ShadowPred

Quote from: Voodoo Actual on May 24, 2012, 05:28:51 PM
Your point?

It can get delayed again, even with this definitive date.

I'm expecting that it will, it's almost a joke at this point for me.

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Voodoo Actual on May 24, 2012, 05:28:51 PM
Your point?

My point is that its wrong to think everything is gonna be fine FOR SURE now, when we have exact ACM release date. This doesn't mean anything. It can get delayed again, even with this definitive date.

And I could counter by saying it's equally wrong to outright condemn a game just for being delayed, as you and some others have. Just wait until you play it, it's that simple.

WinterActual

I am not saying anything about the game in this case. I am talking to the people who are throwing cookies at their monitors just because we have a "solid" date. This date can be broken so easily, just like it happened with DNF.

RagingDragon

A funny video, for sure, and a clever way to break another delay to fans, but I think this is kind of why people are getting nervous.

DNF took bloody forever, and the end result was mediocre at best.  What were the delays for, to allow them time to assemble the basics of this shoddy product?  I just can't imagine if they'd released it without delays, would the game even have been playable at all?

I think that's why fans are impatient and untrusting now.  That's why I am. :laugh:  Take developers at their word?  No, no thanks.  They can say whatever they want, regardless of what's actually happening or what their product really looks like.  I'll save my excitement for concrete evidence of something great.

So far, Colonial Marines has delivered on the graphics and the effort making it look like a perfect Aliens clone, but that means very little as far as the game itself is concerned.

Bitching is justified, why would you try and stop people from complaining when they have very clear, and very justifiable, reasons to complain?

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

There's a difference between caution and bitching. Being cautious is completely justifiable; bitching is not, as you have yet to actually play the game. Be honest, people are more upset about having to wait more than anything else, and I understand. But where is the bitching about Bioshock Infinite? That's been delayed twice, and it was revealed 2 years ago. Many games gets delayed now a days. Is it because of DNF that people are worried? As has been stated numerous times already, they didn't create DNF from scratch, they started from where 3d Realms left, who were plagued by legal, creative, and economic issues from the start, which no doubt contributed to the shoddy product. I'm not saying we disregard GBX's responsibility completely, as it is definitely GBX's worst (but least involved) product. But what about GBX's other games? They have a decent track record, and what we've seen so far looks decent at worst. I guess I'm not seeing where all the negativity is coming from all of the sudden.

Ash 937

Quote from: RagingDragon on May 24, 2012, 05:59:01 PM
DNF took bloody forever, and the end result was mediocre at best.  What were the delays for, to allow them time to assemble the basics of this shoddy product?  I just can't imagine if they'd released it without delays, would the game even have been playable at all?

I wonder if this is why all of the trailers for A:CM only show cut scenes so far.  Sure, they might be using the in-game engine to render those scenes...but what if they are only showing us that to hide some sort of problem with the gameplay itself?  I know we've already seen some gameplay footage but it hasn't been a lot...and I have a feeling that what we've seen has been very carefully selected by GBX.  Who knows, this might just be a game that spends more time trying to tell a shoddy story through cut scenes instead of through an actual video game.  Maybe that's the lesson they learned from DNF.

RagingDragon

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on May 24, 2012, 07:39:29 PM
There's a difference between caution and bitching. Being cautious is completely justifiable; bitching is not, as you have yet to actually play the game. Be honest, people are more upset about having to wait more than anything else, and I understand. But where is the bitching about Bioshock Infinite? That's been delayed twice, and it was revealed 2 years ago. Many games gets delayed now a days. Is it because of DNF that people are worried? As has been stated numerous times already, they didn't create DNF from scratch, they started from where 3d Realms left, who were plagued by legal, creative, and economic issues from the start, which no doubt contributed to the shoddy product. I'm not saying we disregard GBX's responsibility completely, as it is definitely GBX's worst (but least involved) product. But what about GBX's other games? They have a decent track record, and what we've seen so far looks decent at worst. I guess I'm not seeing where all the negativity is coming from all of the sudden.

Yeah I get you.  Borderlands is a great game... GBX just seems so touch-and-go, and DNF really didn't help their reputation.

Maybe I'm just playing devils advocate, and I very much don't agree with some of the members in this thread and their levels of hate.  I'm still excited for the game, but it's definitely dropping because of all of the unknowns that these delays could mean.

At any rate, more waiting. :-\  Sigh.  It's definitely time for GBX to shit or get off the pot.

Predaker

The sounds for the Aliens are much better in this trailer. They sound like nails on chalkboard instead of the croaking we heard before.

WinterActual

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on May 24, 2012, 07:39:29 PM
But where is the bitching about Bioshock Infinite?
Personally I am not waiting for it, I am not a big fan of the previous. I never played the 2nd one so I am not so excited about Infinite. Thats why I don't care  ;)

robbritton

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on May 24, 2012, 04:21:56 PM
Quote from: robbritton on May 24, 2012, 10:51:59 AM
Quote from: mastermoon on May 24, 2012, 12:28:40 AM
I understand why movie release dates are pushed but why keep pushing video games ::).

The production will never get anywere for that game, it's been 10 years now.

They sure love dragging it out.

I know you're having trouble with this, but maybe it bears saying again: the game 'Aliens: Colonial Marines' which was meant to come out in 2002 was a different game. It is categorically not the one we're waiting for now. Gearbox's game just has the same title, 'cause - y'know - it's a good title.

:D

Oh lordy...

Oh come on! even in the unlikely event that it's all been some elaborate ruse and it's been the same game right from it's 2000/2001 announcment, it certainly wasn't a Gearbox game then. To complain that this specific game game we are currently waiting for has been in development for 10 years, and that Gearbox is responsible for that is a bit off the mark, isn't it?

Or am I getting an "Oh lordy..." for trying to reason out the unreasonable?!  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed