New Prometheus Viral "Quiet Eye" Featuring Elizabeth Shaw

Started by Space Sweeper, May 16, 2012, 04:23:42 AM

Author
New Prometheus Viral "Quiet Eye" Featuring Elizabeth Shaw (Read 33,727 times)

ryanjayhawk

Quote from: Qwertify on May 16, 2012, 10:08:59 PM
Quote from: ryanjayhawk on May 16, 2012, 09:56:44 PM

It may be called "Quiet Eye" because the program simply watches the person being interviewed to determine if they are lying... it doesn't interact.

I read that before posting. A lot of programs run without interacting with other users, especially those used to monitor other people i.e. facebook twitter.
If it was just supposed to watch - the fact that it doesn't alert you to its presence would seem redundant, especially considering this is a one way transmission she's been sending out for some time. If you disagree - then we'll just be at a disagreement.

You can disagree, but currently the way lies are detected is by hooking the person up to a lie detector, asking them a series of control questions to set a base, and then asking them questions and measuring the reaction compared to the base.  So a program that can analyze someone without them even knowing would be very fitting of the name "quiet eye."

ThisBethesdaSea

The viral reminds me of the void comf test for some reason. Anyone else?

whiterabbit

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 17, 2012, 01:13:36 AM
The viral reminds me of the void comf test for some reason. Anyone else?
I'm pretty sure that is exactly what it is.

However I found this to be utterly boring.  :-\

ChrisPachi

Solved, thanks Sticks. Funny coincidence in the researcher's name. :)

Sharp Sticks

Vepariga

In my opinion I think the Quiet Eye is just a interview program that you can leave a message with, the Yutani corp is doing behavioural and background checks for the Weyland corp which then if the candidate is of high interest it forwards it to Weyland,I dare say that Yutani has different tech and research that Weyland corp gets Yutani to do. Before the merger.

Godroyah

I think I understand now...

"A King has his reign... and then he dies. Its inevitable."

Vickers was referring to Weyland himself as well as his company.

She's a corporate spy for Yutani, that's her agenda... I'd bet money on it. Srry if I'm putting a major spoiler out there, but I'd be surprised if that wasn't it.

How else could Yutani possibly be involved? They're already spying on Weyland in advance of the Project Prometheus. Weyland Industries is obviously the kingpin (pun intended) corporation on Earth... Vicker's quote is definitely in reference to Weyland... and Yutani got her in on the action. I'd be willing to bet money it.

Vepariga

What if Yutani dont spy on them,Weyland and Yutani do work together now and then but in different fields before merging. like my previous post. I think it could be a valid theory.

AsapJockey

I guess you guys forgot that Weyland has more money than Yutani, and the merge later, Yutani didn't buy them out...Weylabd is first in the name.

You remember the first plot summary? "Two Super Powers in a race into space?

Elizabeth Shaw works for Yutani, but they do not have the resources for this trip, and she's making a call to Peter Weyland, in which he's using a program to see if she's honest about her findings.She is willing to leave Yutani to join Weyland, because he has the capital to make this trip and get the answers, and technology FIRST before Yutani. She is willing to do this, because Yutani doesn't have the $.

Ergo Elizabeth Shaw is asking Peter for financing, & leaving Yutani to find this Planet which may have the answers to all our questions.

Xenomorphine

'Quiet Eye For The Straight Guy' - it's clearly a new TV reality show the freshly-merged Weyland-Yutani is hoping to premier next month.

Also, all of Weyland's futuristic visual hardware seemingly being incapable of going for more than ten seconds without glitching? Including their own Web site? At this rate, it's going to be mocked as much as 'Star Trek' having constant lens flares!

I like the Yutani logo, though. Feels like the right visual they could have had.

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: ryanjayhawk on May 17, 2012, 12:24:33 AM
So a program that can analyze someone without them even knowing would be very fitting of the name "quiet eye."

Take a look at the article above. The "quiet" part is not about making observation without people knowing about it. It is about how the eye quietly gives off information about what a person is thinking/feeling/deciding, etc. It is a concept by which we are able to ascertain that type of information through a person's eye movements.

So the quiet has nothing to do with either spying nor the manner by which the program operates. As far as the name thing goes we were both off.

However - whether any spying is going on is still in question as the fact that Vickers is involved complicates everything.

Whether she is a spy for Yutani is hard to tell. She could be a spy, using a Yutani program directly on Weyland's computer.
It could be Weyland using Yutani tech.

All this video tells us, besides the obvious that Yutani has developed a computer program that can analyze everything a person's psychology/emotions based off of microexpressions/eye movements, is that Vickers is strongly linked to it.

Does it mean she developed it? Does it mean she is linked to Yutani?

There are so many possibilities - some potentially exciting and others rather mundane.

Quote from: Godroyah on May 17, 2012, 04:14:59 AM
I think I understand now...

"A King has his reign... and then he dies. Its inevitable."

Vickers was referring to Weyland himself as well as his company.

She's a corporate spy for Yutani, that's her agenda... I'd bet money on it. Srry if I'm putting a major spoiler out there, but I'd be surprised if that wasn't it.

How else could Yutani possibly be involved? They're already spying on Weyland in advance of the Project Prometheus. Weyland Industries is obviously the kingpin (pun intended) corporation on Earth... Vicker's quote is definitely in reference to Weyland... and Yutani got her in on the action. I'd be willing to bet money it.

It could be that she is a spy. Many people are suspicious of the same thing, myself included.

Another theory suggests that she is Weyland's neglected daughter, who has been trumped in the eyes of her father by David, a combination of Weyland's work and memories.
Thus, the quote you mentioned can be explained by the idea that she wants her father's grip on the company to slip with this mission so that she can take over as his heiress.
She wants to do this in either of two ways. Some believe that Weyland is still alive and on board the Prometheus - in search of Alien life to obtain their technology so that he can extend his life. She wants to control the situation to ensure that no such technology is found and that he father does in fact die of old age.
Another theory ( which I don't agree with) is that she wants the mission to fail so that it appears as if Weyland and his ideas are unsound and unprofitable despite her best efforts to run the mission. This will pave the way for her to take over the company.

ryanjayhawk

Quote from: Qwertify on May 17, 2012, 03:13:11 PM
So a program that can analyze someone without them even knowing would be very fitting of the name "quiet eye."

Take a look at the article above. The "quiet" part is not about making observation without people knowing about it. It is about how the eye quietly gives off information about what a person is thinking/feeling/deciding, etc. It is a concept by which we are able to ascertain that type of information through a person's eye movements.

Oh I see...

Someone posts a link to an informative article about "Quiet Eye" and suddenly you have attained a PHd in said science and conceptual theory.  Thank you for blessing us with your profound knowledge.

The article makes sense, though I don't think my speculation about possible reasons for the name was really that "out there."  None the less it was apparently wrong.

Qwertify

Quote from: ryanjayhawk on May 17, 2012, 04:59:55 PM
Quote from: Qwertify on May 17, 2012, 03:13:11 PM

Oh I see...

Someone posts a link to an informative article about "Quiet Eye" and suddenly you have attained a PHd in said science and conceptual theory.  Thank you for blessing us with your profound knowledge.

The article makes sense, though I don't think my speculation about possible reasons for the name was really that "out there."  None the less it was apparently wrong.

It wasn't 'out there' at all - I just had my differences with the idea. I was just as wrong too anyway.

And about the article - I have not heard of Quiet Eye until now, but I do know quite a bit about microexpressions, which is sort of the same thing, except with facial muscles. The rest of the stuff is just reworded from the article. Sorry if I came off as condescending. I am just trying to figure out what the video was all about.

When the article popped up - I thought you would be interested - so that's why I quoted you again.
Nevertheless, I have accepted the idea that this could very well just be Weyland using Yutani tech pre-merger as failry viable. I thought you might want to share your thoughts on the Vickers connection.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed