Film grain?

Started by 9th_Stew, May 14, 2012, 01:56:37 PM

Author
Film grain? (Read 2,965 times)

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

Quote from: Cellien on May 17, 2012, 02:32:30 PM
I'm hoping for film grain.  I don't like the sterile look of most 3D games.  I prefer the softer feel that film grain brings.  The effect was also an option in Mass Effect 2.

Sterile. I was looking for an expression to describe what cutting edge ultra reflections full and so forth graphics looks like. Sterile is cool. Thanks.

QuantumSheep

QuantumSheep

Film grain? Seems like an easy way to cover up sub-par graphics.

There was film grain in the first two Mass Effect games and it looked like shit. I don't think film grain in Colonial Marines is a good idea.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: QuantumSheep on May 19, 2012, 07:20:42 AM
Film grain? Seems like an easy way to cover up sub-par graphics.

There was film grain in the first two Mass Effect games and it looked like shit. I don't think film grain in Colonial Marines is a good idea.

Well the interesting or exciting thing about film grain in this particular game is the fact that it's supposed to emulate the exact same type of film used to shoot the movie ALIENS. I am curious to see how it will look.

SM

SM

If it can be turned on and off - not an issue.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

They already said it can be turned on and off, they did in the same sentence of confirming it in a magazine if Im remembering correctly. Either way, it's an option not a forced mechanic

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed