New Prometheus featurette : Origins

Started by Darkoo, May 09, 2012, 11:02:09 AM

Author
New Prometheus featurette : Origins (Read 44,076 times)

Cvalda

Cvalda

'Dem rose-tinted glasses are so fetching on you, Bethesda ;D

Space Sweeper

Cvolloway.

That's you until Prometheus comes out.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Hey, at least you finally learned how to spell the name right.

ThisBethesdaSea

They're not rose tinted, they just lack judgment until I see the entire film. :)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Cvolloway on May 10, 2012, 04:24:09 AM
Hey, at least you finally learned how to spell the name right.
Tell me about it, I was missing the "C" and "V" all along!  :o

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 10, 2012, 04:27:06 AM
Be thankful you're safe up there in the frozen North.
Spoiler
[close]

Bad Replicant

I kind of found, y'know, all the acting a little weak this time around.

Still, pretty colors!

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Cvalda on May 10, 2012, 04:31:27 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Ummmmm... it's actually rainy spring weather up here, I can walk out in my plaid t-shirt. Heck I even helped with a bit of gardening a few days ago. Not so frozen.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Crazy Rich on May 10, 2012, 04:36:37 AM
Ummmmm... it's actually rainy spring weather up here, I can walk out in my plaid t-shirt. Heck I even helped with a bit of gardening a few days ago. Not so frozen.
That's not the picture some very reliable stereotypes and misconceptions have painted. Who are you to go against them?

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Cvalda on May 10, 2012, 04:38:44 AM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on May 10, 2012, 04:36:37 AM
That's not the picture some very reliable stereotypes and misconceptions have painted. Who are you to go against them?

I'm Crazy Rich.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Cvolloway on May 10, 2012, 04:31:27 AM
Spoiler
[close]
It was actually quite a beautiful sunny, clear day here in Vancouver today.  :)

Spoiler
[close]

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Don't get me wrong, I hated Lost with a burning passion - I really, really, really did, before anyone else, in fact - but I find everyone involved with that abortion seems to work much better when they're only given a finite amount of script and less of a blank check (i.e., films or in Lindelof's past case, comics).  I really can't get onboard the knee-jerk hate train for him or Green, much less conflate the character into the writer.

Now, Holloway seems interesting enough for me in that, as I mentioned before, I wonder if he's been the dominant personality in the relationship with Shaw all along, and if she's been left in his wake up til now.  From what little we've seen, she demurrs and defers a bit; he's the driving ego, probably professionally.  Which is an interesting dynamic to play with, as is his arrogance.  It makes for good drama.  He's young, he's handsome, he's a bit of a slickster, he's in love - all apparently verboten in a geek-accredited tough-as-nails Alien movie, but we're not in Kansas anymore, we're in Prometheus.  Besides, he's totally going to get butchered anyway, and he'll probably at least partly deserve it.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Cvalda on May 10, 2012, 04:08:16 AM
It is as though Damon Lindelof transferred himself into the body of an American Apparel male model.
I'm afraid this annoying prick is going to drag the entire film down around him in every scene he's in.

Maybe we just secretly envy him for getting to lock lips with Noomi?

Maybe?

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 10, 2012, 07:22:20 AM

Maybe?
Have you seen LGM's lips? "Locking" ain't the word--more like saturation bombing. That poor woman.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Cvalda on May 10, 2012, 07:28:50 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on May 10, 2012, 07:22:20 AM

Maybe?
Have you seen LGM's lips? "Locking" ain't the word--more like saturation bombing. That poor woman.
Spoiler
You called...?  :-* :P ;)
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed