New Production Stills & Audio Puzzle

Started by ikarop, May 02, 2012, 01:04:03 PM

Author
New Production Stills & Audio Puzzle (Read 53,322 times)

Vepariga

Damn I only just now listened to the reverse audio of the original.

...Damn...consider pants shitted.

Qwertify

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 03, 2012, 01:41:08 AM
Quote from: Ruzena on May 03, 2012, 12:30:21 AM
Who said it sounds like angry monkey :DDDDDDDDDDD I almost laughed my ass off here imagining the two guys being scratched by chimp down in the derelict lolz
So far we have snakes and cuttlefish... a monkey, considering human are great apes isn't that unplausible.

Apes are not monkeys.

Ruzena

Quote from: Qwertify on May 03, 2012, 10:10:10 AM
Who said it sounds like angry monkey :DDDDDDDDDDD I almost laughed my ass off here imagining the two guys being scratched by chimp down in the derelict lolz
So far we have snakes and cuttlefish... a monkey, considering human are great apes isn't that unplausible.

Apes are not monkeys.

That is what prometheus is about, we discover what we really are. Are we monkeys or apes!!! Thanks for lesson tho!

szkoki

who the f**k wanna tuch a thing like that????

OpenMaw

Quote from: szkoki on May 03, 2012, 10:38:58 AM
who the f**k wanna tuch a thing like that????

Curious scientists with a high dose of naivety.  ;D

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 03, 2012, 08:46:08 AM
"Oh yeah... Oh yeah... It's getting tighter..."

That part sounded bizarrely pleasurable!

Sounds more like shock to me. He doesn't say "oh yeah" he's saying "Oh my God" in much the same way a stab victim looks down and goes "Oh my God, I've been stabbed."

Just remember, these parts might not even be in any scenes. They could have simply got some of the actors to say random stuff into a microphone and then added weird organic sounds to the recording. :)

This is definitely in the movie. Without a doubt.

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: Ruzena on May 03, 2012, 10:18:28 AM
Quote from: Qwertify on May 03, 2012, 10:10:10 AM

Apes are not monkeys.

That is what prometheus is about, we discover what we really are. Are we monkeys or apes!!! Thanks for lesson tho!

I didn't mean to be a spaz about it. (Actually I got the same lesson from my biologist friend about 20x before it sank it.)

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 03, 2012, 10:45:28 AM
Just remember, these parts might not even be in any scenes. They could have simply got some of the actors to say random stuff into a microphone and then added weird organic sounds to the recording. :)

This is definitely in the movie. Without a doubt.

EGM1966

Nasty.  From what's been released I'm going with Milburn get's his arm broken, then Fifield get's his suit sprayed with some acid (curious how this mutates him though - unless he gets something else on him) and while he's occupied with that the worm thing really goes to town on poor Milburn.  The others come running of course and find dead Milburn (with a little surprise in his mouth) plus a wounded Fifield.

What makes it worse is the slow but steady progress of chaos.  From the characters bantering a bit about the thing, then growing worry that it won't let go to the sounds of bones breaking.

Also, unless very carefully cut to reveal little, there is no way that's anything but an R is US going by the duration and intensity of the scene.

One thing though, how does Holloway get infected and how is it low key enough for Shaw to sleep with him afterwards?  Some stuff shows him with bubbling skin and looking pretty altered right away as they help him hobble back to the ship while other shots imply a very slow process that's not apparent - the shot of his eye with the little worm thing - which implies a period of time when he might know he's not quite right but no one else knows.

While the trailers, etc. seem to reveal a bit there's clearly a lot unknown about the sequence of events once they land and explore.

But those sounds!  Very nasty sequence.  Probably only intended as an initial taster too - showing how dangerous even a smaller creature in this environment is.

RustiSwordz

By the sounds of it there are several events all happening rapidly one after the other. Holloway gets infected, somone dies by getting acid in the face which melts his helmet. The Milburn/Fifield incident. Things go south very fast it seems.

Qwertify

Quote from: EGM1966 on May 03, 2012, 12:11:48 PM
Nasty.  From what's been released I'm going with Milburn get's his arm broken, then Fifield get's his suit sprayed with some acid (curious how this mutates him though - unless he gets something else on him) and while he's occupied with that the worm thing really goes to town on poor Milburn.  The others come running of course and find dead Milburn (with a little surprise in his mouth) plus a wounded Fifield.

What makes it worse is the slow but steady progress of chaos.  From the characters bantering a bit about the thing, then growing worry that it won't let go to the sounds of bones breaking.

Also, unless very carefully cut to reveal little, there is no way that's anything but an R is US going by the duration and intensity of the scene.

One thing though, how does Holloway get infected and how is it low key enough for Shaw to sleep with him afterwards?  Some stuff shows him with bubbling skin and looking pretty altered right away as they help him hobble back to the ship while other shots imply a very slow process that's not apparent - the shot of his eye with the little worm thing - which implies a period of time when he might know he's not quite right but no one else knows.

While the trailers, etc. seem to reveal a bit there's clearly a lot unknown about the sequence of events once they land and explore.

But those sounds!  Very nasty sequence.  Probably only intended as an initial taster too - showing how dangerous even a smaller creature in this environment is.

Most likely Shaw sleeps with an infected Holloway, and that is how she is infected herself. We do not know that for sure however.
Also - Holloway could have potentially infected himself - in pursuit of becoming a God, or an Engineer. Marshall-Green describes his character as someone who leaps before he looks, and takes things to the extreme. In his dialogue with David, he asks him what he would be willing to do to get what he came looking for (described by the writers as someone who wants to stand next to his creators). He replies, "Anything and everything." Taking this all into consideration - he could infect himself with David's help.

Other than that - yeah Milburn and Fifield sure get messed up in this encounter. I am curious to know at exactly which point in the movie this happens. It appears that the go to the ship at least two or three time. If they realize how hostile the aliens are - what makes them stick around? My best guess, if this were true, would be that they bring back a bunch of things from the ship, and never plan to return, save for analytical purposes. The figure if they don't go back - they are safe in a sense, from whatever attack Fifield and Milburn.

EGM1966

Quote from: Qwertify on May 03, 2012, 12:44:01 PM

Most likely Shaw sleeps with an infected Holloway, and that is how she is infected herself. We do not know that for sure however.
Also - Holloway could have potentially infected himself - in pursuit of becoming a God, or an Engineer. Marshall-Green describes his character as someone who leaps before he looks, and takes things to the extreme. In his dialogue with David, he asks him what he would be willing to do to get what he came looking for (described by the writers as someone who wants to stand next to his creators). He replies, "Anything and everything." Taking this all into consideration - he could infect himself with David's help.

Other than that - yeah Milburn and Fifield sure get messed up in this encounter. I am curious to know at exactly which point in the movie this happens. It appears that the go to the ship at least two or three time. If they realize how hostile the aliens are - what makes them stick around? My best guess, if this were true, would be that they bring back a bunch of things from the ship, and never plan to return, save for analytical purposes. The figure if they don't go back - they are safe in a sense, from whatever attack Fifield and Milburn.

Yeah I'm now wondering something similar.  I'm thinking there is a trip where nothing happens and they bring back the Jocky Head and an Urn.  I say this as there seem to be scenes implying most scientists around at that point.  I think Holloway get's infected around here - that little blob David balances on his fingertip and their scene together...

Then they go back and delve deeper into the ruins and Milburn and Fifield discovery the room with the broken urns and stuff running loose and get trashed.  I'm thinking that during that visit Holloway's infection erupts or is somehow accelerated hence the shots of him in his suit with his skin bubbling.  After that scene he's brought back and we know then he looks changed and Vickers doesn't want him on the ship.

Kol

Kol

this audiofile gives me goosebumps & i almost cry, when hearing it. very authentic. now i remember why lambert's death was so effective.

Winkie Bear

Winkie Bear

Quote from: EGM1966 on May 03, 2012, 01:13:14 PM

Yeah I'm now wondering something similar.  I'm thinking there is a trip where nothing happens and they bring back the Jocky Head and an Urn.  I say this as there seem to be scenes implying most scientists around at that point.  I think Holloway get's infected around here - that little blob David balances on his fingertip and their scene together...

Then they go back and delve deeper into the ruins and Milburn and Fifield discovery the room with the broken urns and stuff running loose and get trashed.  I'm thinking that during that visit Holloway's infection erupts or is somehow accelerated hence the shots of him in his suit with his skin bubbling.  After that scene he's brought back and we know then he looks changed and Vickers doesn't want him on the ship.

Spot on. I think there may be three trips out. There are certainly two returns to the Prometheus - one in which there is a storm chasing them, and another where there is evidently no storm in the background and they are greeted by Vickers with a flame-thrower. In both of those trips Shaw returns to the Prometheus, and yet we see a time when she is trying to escape the launch of the juggernaut, so she must have gone out a third time.

My opinion is that trip 1 is pretty innocuous. They explore parts of the temple, bring back the Jockey head and an urn. You then see them study these items aboard the ship. Holloway may have become infected without realising it, but sees a weird thing in his eye after this first outing. This is the trip where a storm chases them on the way back.
Trip 2 is where things get messy - they go back after the storm and encounter some nasties, Milburn gets eaten from the inside out and Fifield is horribly acid burned.  The team returns in a shambles to the Prometheus but Vickers tries to keep them out.
In the possible 3rd trip they find and enter the juggernaut. David finds the map room and the jockey holograms, and they begin to learn what's happened. But this maybe triggers the thing to launch.

And this is before the 3rd act I reckon!!

Esoteric_Voyage

Esoteric_Voyage

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 02, 2012, 06:50:46 PM
As Eva pointed out though.

This burn victim features glasses mister glasses.  :)

i'm actually going to take a bold opposition here and say it might actually be fifield, for two reasons, and Not milburn.

in the latter scenes of them returning to the ship, we see one helmet that is badly damaged, and that helmet from what we can tell consistently belongs to fifield, but clearly they remove the acid burned part later.

reason 2: everyone says they are glasses but are they?? LOOOK very very closely. notice two things: theres no sign of the metalic hat with the yellow name band across the head, it looks more like fifields bald tattoo'd head.

as far the glasses: Notice, at the bottom of the victims nose is another very dark equally strong 'line' which sort of strobe the bottom of the nose. i think the other line which is going accross the bridge of the nose, is being mistaken for glasses. look very carefully at the rest of the bur nmakes on the helmet, it matches theses lines and i think that dark line just happens to look similar to the bottom edges of glasses but one other thing worth noting, is that if it was caused by glasses, the impression would be more 'complete' but its not. its just the bottom area of the 'imaginary glasses' that we can make an impression of.

i also just don't think the alien creature would be fickle about a victim like this, i think it picks fifields and thats it (when it comes to going inside the suit i mean)

i think the 'cut it off' line sounds a bit more fifield to me too.

anyway, heres a photoshopped image ot make my case

perhaps  it never goes into fifields suit and all his burns are just from acid.

i just realised though that im forgetting the scene with the mouth 'burster' maybe it is milburn.

EGM1966

Quote from: ucdom on May 03, 2012, 01:31:06 PM

Spot on. I think there may be three trips out. There are certainly two returns to the Prometheus - one in which there is a storm chasing them, and another where there is evidently no storm in the background and they are greeted by Vickers with a flame-thrower. In both of those trips Shaw returns to the Prometheus, and yet we see a time when she is trying to escape the launch of the juggernaut, so she must have gone out a third time.

My opinion is that trip 1 is pretty innocuous. They explore parts of the temple, bring back the Jockey head and an urn. You then see them study these items aboard the ship. Holloway may have become infected without realising it, but sees a weird thing in his eye after this first outing. This is the trip where a storm chases them on the way back.
Trip 2 is where things get messy - they go back after the storm and encounter some nasties, Milburn gets eaten from the inside out and Fifield is horribly acid burned.  The team returns in a shambles to the Prometheus but Vickers tries to keep them out.
In the possible 3rd trip they find and enter the juggernaut. David finds the map room and the jockey holograms, and they begin to learn what's happened. But this maybe triggers the thing to launch.

Sounds reasonable, although I'm wondering if your description of the third trip wouldn't take place during the second?  I get the feelling from the shots of the hologram that you'll have David, Shaw, etc. explore the control room initially but be drawn away when Milburn and Fifield get into trouble.  The shot of him entering the control room with the others seems too relaxed to be that late in the film and after some deaths.

Winkie Bear

Quote from: EGM1966 on May 03, 2012, 01:43:36 PM
Quote from: ucdom on May 03, 2012, 01:31:06 PM

Sounds reasonable, although I'm wondering if your description of the third trip wouldn't take place during the second?  I get the feelling from the shots of the hologram that you'll have David, Shaw, etc. explore the control room initially but be drawn away when Milburn and Fifield get into trouble.  The shot of him entering the control room with the others seems too relaxed to be that late in the film and after some deaths.

Yes, good point.

I do think that Shaw, who returns to the Prometheus from two trips out then has to go back so that she's in position over the juggernaut when it launches.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed