Different version of the launch trailer

Started by fiveways, Apr 30, 2012, 03:11:42 PM

Author
Different version of the launch trailer (Read 39,738 times)

dxdt

This is probably obvious to everyone else, but I just realized the two different scenes in this alternate trailer are precisely the two that were expunged between the leaked trailer and the first official one.

ThisBethesdaSea

Just about 4 weeks to go and no rating yet?? What the fu€k???

RustiSwordz

People talk about the Engineer as some kind of mindless killing machine. I read ages ago hes meant to be a charming manipulator that cons some of the Prometheus crew to follow him. He then tricks them into being infected and sets them loose on the rest of the Prometheus crew. This leads me to conclude that there will be dialog of some description between himself and the Prometheus crew before he goes all agressive.

josh_axey

If it does speak, I hope it's language is inconceivably nightmarish.
I don't want any of this two voices dubbed over each other "ominous" crud.

I want it to make sounds that make you want to hide in the corner, if it must speak.

dxdt

Quote from: RustiSwordz on May 02, 2012, 03:26:41 AM
People talk about the Engineer as some kind of mindless killing machine. I read ages ago hes meant to be a charming manipulator that cons some of the Prometheus crew to follow him. He then tricks them into being infected and sets them loose on the rest of the Prometheus crew. This leads me to conclude that there will be dialog of some description between himself and the Prometheus crew before he goes all agressive.
Nah, you're thinking of the sequel, "Lucifer."  ;D

RustiSwordz

I suspect it the language, will be partially psychic in nature. Mind manipulation via telepathy. Or a language so ...alien... That only David can translate it.

EXTERMINATUS

EXTERMINATUS

Just a thought.Maybe Weyland or Holloway turn out to be heroes in the film.We see Janek step up to the plate.Maybe the story is about that,a small group  of humans stepping up to save the world.I wonder if thats the twist.Everyone doing the right thing.

Cvalda

Quote from: EXTERMINATUS on May 02, 2012, 03:53:40 AM
Just a thought.Maybe Weyland or Holloway turn out to be heroes in the film.
That's the point I'd throw my soda at the screen.

josh_axey

Quote from: Cvalda on May 02, 2012, 03:55:04 AM

Especially if it were LMG. Bleh~

RustiSwordz

LMG?

Space Sweeper

Light Machine Gun.

Bad Replicant

Quote from: Cvalda on May 02, 2012, 03:55:04 AM

*imagines Ridley Scott's concept for Prometheus sequel being a Weyland & Holloway buddy movie*

Spoiler
[close]

josh_axey

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 02, 2012, 04:36:02 AM
Light Machine Gun.

Oh you.

Logan Marshall Green ;P

TimmyTurnersDad

Just a thought.Maybe Weyland or Holloway turn out to be heroes in the film.We see Janek step up to the plate.Maybe the story is about that,a small group  of humans stepping up to save the world.I wonder if thats the twist.Everyone doing the right thing.

Yeah, I'm very, very, very doubtful either Holloway or Weyland will be the heroes. Not to mention my personal skepticism of LMG's capability of carrying what could potentially become a new franchise for the ALIEN-verse as the main character.  :P

It's going to end up either being Shaw and/or Vickers that live to see another day. Shaw is the more obvious choice, what with all the heralding from the media as "the new Ripley," but I actually kinda hope it's Vickers who pulls through. :D

If the story were to continue on in whatever direction Prometheus brings out, Vickers could make a very interesting lead and the possibility of a more interesting dynamic between the (anti-)heroine and Weyland Industries upon her return. Just food for thought.  ;)

szkoki

i think we are f*cking confused with the trailers, they really tricked us about what happens and when

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed