Extended Behind-the-scenes Footage

Started by Darkoo, Apr 27, 2012, 10:50:04 AM

Author
Extended Behind-the-scenes Footage (Read 48,765 times)

Cvalda

Excellent featurette. That timelapse Jockey chamber sequence: :o

But oh man, does that exchange between Holloway and David at the pool table sound clunky as hell.

LarsVader

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 27, 2012, 06:49:06 PM
Excellent featurette. That timelapse Jockey chamber sequence: :o

But oh man, does that exchange between Holloway and David at the pool table sound clunky as hell.
Of course, it's christmas and the android is drunk.  ;)

gooner_no1

Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 27, 2012, 04:03:28 PM
Quote from: DaveT937 on Apr 27, 2012, 03:54:25 PM
We have a new character. 'Watts'. If you look closely at the script.

Could simply be a renamed character from an older draft, too. :)

Jon Spaihts said that one of the things Lindelof changed was the name of Noomi Rapace's character to Elizabeth Shaw.

DendaReloaded

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Apr 27, 2012, 01:56:03 PM
So it appears that an infected Holloway tries to reboard the ship and Vickers prevents him......it's pretty fukcing scary if you ask me.

where did yoĆ¼ see that??

Eva

Eva

A couple of details

Notice the juggernaut/engineer ship taking off from its underground hangar in the background

Script pages - apparently Vickers doesn't believe in the mission objective, suggesting they will find nothing

At some time during the film, Janek will find himself inside the tempel structure (I guess)

A great look at the ringed giant planet

The size of the chair is suggested in these shots with the crew next to it. It is smaller than the chair in Alien (unless they will use trickery again to make it seem bigger than it really is)

A better look at the Prometheus lifeboat on the ground

I love it all  :)

PS: sorry if the pics come and go, but tinypics.com sucks right now and I can't be bothered with uploading them again right now. Watch the footage instead  :)

ThisBethesdaSea

The size is marginally smaller.

BUGZ

During the time laps footage - I made out a really tall man standing next to the jockey chair. I've marked it. He does look taller than the other guys in the shot.

Bri 8)

Stagin 26

HELL YES! I'm gonna watch every little piece of footage I can find on this flick. Nothing can spoil this film for me, nothing.

BUGZ

I do like this shot - Holloway grabbing the snake like creature from the black liquid. Could this also be the snake creature the rips it way through his suit in the trailer?

Adam802

Adam802

guys, the MUSIC.......holy sh*t......so awesome!!!!

Especially, the last part of music at the end of the video.....simply amazing.  So epic and grand in scale...

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Apr 27, 2012, 02:31:47 PM
anyone else notice the scene where mutated Fifield throws unsuspecting chap looks different? Fifield's body doesn't look as elongated, nor does his head look as gigantic as it did in the original footage in the first teaser trailer.

hmmm...

You're absolutely right!  Perhaps they're cleaning up on the special effects, like with other shots.

All the things in this featurette are incredible - almost too much to take in at once, with the actors talking in front of new footage.  The Prometheus rotating over the planet (similar to the Nostromo) was nicely shot and looked great with all the little lights popping on the planet's surface.
I almost cringe at the shot of the "acid in helmet" clip.  We've seen it so much but with the strange black ooze it struck me harder this time around...

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Apr 27, 2012, 01:46:44 PM
There's not ANY kind of concrete proof that the hooded man is a Space Jockey. Pure speculation.

You should put that in you signature it will save you the time to keep repeating this to every post stating a theory ;)

BTW in the french magazine SFX there are 3 fantastic interviews with Arthur Max, Conor O'Sullivan prosthetics supervisor and Visual effect supervisor Richard Stammers. Each interview are 3 full pages, no spoilers per se but very interresting material.

Deuterium

I am thinking the CGI FX are looking pretty, pretty, pretty good !!  (Larry David impression).

They have definitely been doing some tweaking.  IMHO, the CGI effects are looking wonderfully realistic.

davo1980

Anyone notice what appears to be a second 'mound' structure in the background of the shot featuring the airbourne explosion?

Michael Harper

Has there been any word yet on what the budget of the film is?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed