Extended Behind-the-scenes Footage

Started by Darkoo, Apr 27, 2012, 10:50:04 AM

Author
Extended Behind-the-scenes Footage (Read 48,076 times)

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Apr 30, 2012, 07:58:15 PM
Quote from: Alienhunter15 on Apr 30, 2012, 07:29:44 PM
Is it the voice of Guy Pearce at the beginning of the video?

I can't confirm it, but it sure sounds like it (as Weyland)... or they are leading us to believe that it is.

Yes this is from the hologram speeach he gives to the crew in the hangar before Shaw and Holloway make their.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Jango1201 on Apr 30, 2012, 10:04:38 PM
Just an idea I got after watching the extended featurette, but is it possible that they pilot the Promethus remotely into the jockey ship? That scene with the captain in the suit may be after the collision. Just a thought.

I think Janek and the bridge crew pilot the ship in an act of desperation whilst Vickers takes an escape pod. Shaw and David are likely planet side still... and i'd venture to guess everyone else is deader than a box.

Vickers: "Lets say I'm wrong, and you do find these beings down there..."
Holloway: "Miss Vickers, is there an agenda that your not telling us about?"

Vickers: "They were right."
Janek: "Did you want them to be wrong?!"

My money's still on Vickers being some kind of goddamn Succubus! (Tree-Fiddy!)

Veronica - The Succubus!

Vickers?? Giger Alien Monster IV

The "Take us home" plea from Vickers is surely the big give away to her odd character because it appears that moments later she is seen jettisoning herself to safety! My guess is that she rigs the Prometheus on a collision course with the Juggernaut - I am presuming that Janek only intended to follow it and shoot it down?

It would be too boring if she was simply an executive mole or an Ash-like android. She clearly already 'knows' abouth the Engineers and perhaps what caused their extinction. I'm guessing she is returning to finish the job. Perhaps she is the Engineers' Nemesis, or part of some kind of galactic Opus Dei, or maybe even the devil incarnate?!

She is definitely a 'suit' for something - but I seriously doubt that its anything human.

Vickers' agenda could very well be the most intriguing part of the Prometheus story.

NGR01

NGR01

Sounds awful.
Even worse if it ends to be true.
Wich it will not.
Thank god... I mean Engineers ^^
;)

Kol

Kol

Quote from: 180924609 on May 01, 2012, 01:15:59 PM

Vickers: "They were right."
Janek: "Did you want them to be wrong?!"

My money's still on Vickers being some kind of goddamn Succubus! (Tree-Fiddy!)

Veronica - The Succubus!
http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/shared/characters/non-human/succubus.jpg

Vickers?? Giger Alien Monster IV

The "Take us home" plea from Vickers is surely the big give away to her odd character because it appears that moments later she is seen jettisoning herself to safety! My guess is that she rigs the Prometheus on a collision course with the Juggernaut - I am presuming that Janek only intended to follow it and shoot it down?

It would be too boring if she was simply an executive mole or an Ash-like android. She clearly already 'knows' abouth the Engineers and perhaps what caused their extinction. I'm guessing she is returning to finish the job. Perhaps she is the Engineers' Nemesis, or part of some kind of galactic Opus Dei, or maybe even the devil incarnate?!

She is definitely a 'suit' for something - but I seriously doubt that its anything human.

Vickers' agenda could very well be the most intriguing part of the Prometheus story.

you mean, an expanded role like in hanckock?

if she is somehow connected to the engineers, she has to be billions of years old.  :o

SpaceMarines

Just watched. So pumped for this film. June cannot come swift enough.

Zeta Reticuli

Vickers seems to be that mundane company representative who only has the company's concerns in mind. but what if these concerns are actually her own? what if her "cold" behaviour is just misleading us as well as the other characters in the movie?

because so far it seems like Vickers is the only clear thinking person on that ship. she is very sceptical about the "meeting" with these alien creatures and seems to be the first one who wants to return to earth, maybe because she wants to prevent bad things to happen.

of course her secret agenda could be that she knows that Weyland is on the ship and is intended to help him on his quest for...immortality or whatever. but that doesn't really make her a "bad" character afterall.
it could very well be that she is the secret hero of this movie who is going to save earth from the Engineers attack and is the one character that has been thinking reasonably from the beginning on - opposed to the naive behaviour of Shaw, Holloway and especially Milburn ("oh hey there strange alien-snake-creature - OH MY GAWD ITS IN MY SUIT").

Narcissus

Quote from: Biomechanoid20 on Apr 30, 2012, 06:46:55 PM
At 2:44, Janek says "It's right outside the goddamned ship."  :o

Wonder what he's referring to....

possibly someone that was left behind at the temple (left for dead) --now resurrected. We later see someone, still inside their spacesuit-- with arms outstretched  (as if to say I surrender myself) approaching the Prometheus bay doors. I believe Vickers and Janek (armed with flamethrowers) welcome them back with a warm embrace!  Fifield pick axes someone and hurls them like a rag doll in this bay as well.

DendaReloaded

can someone post a transcript from the dialogue between vickers and lmg??
i did not get some words she said, i'm not from america :D

the part with " yoü do nothing, but reporting back to me"

OpenMaw

Quote from: DendaReloaded on May 01, 2012, 05:24:26 PM
can someone post a transcript from the dialogue between vickers and lmg??
i did not get some words she said, i'm not from america :D

the part with " yoü do nothing, but reporting back to me"

She says:

"Let's say i'm wrong, and you do find these beings down there. You won't engage them. You won't talk to them. You will do nothing but report back to me."  :)

DendaReloaded

okay thx.... so vickers goes like"y u don't say that in deir face, guurl"... i thought something like this...
she got contact to them, as they were attacked by the little worm (what is an assflower?!?!1) and why didn't they follow her orders?

Qwertify

Ever since Lindelof openly joked about what company Vickers worked for - as if it were a clue to the story - people have speculated that she works as a spy for the rival Yutani company and is there to control the effects and results of the expedition. In any case - it is far from being clear what exactly is her big agenda, which Theron said, was possibly the biggest out of any of the characters. It is said that it is revealed in the last act of the film - and it will reveal Vickers as a flawed and heartbreaking character.

Zeta Reticuli

i don't know if this video has already been posted? at least it has some scenes i didn't notice before.

i just noticed that the control device for the starmap which David is using has a "laser-membrane" (yeah this word is nonsense but i didn't know what else to call it) which is very similar to the light-layer above the Eggs in ALIEN.

it also seems to "react" when David is touching it. i think they were inspired to choose this design by the Egg silo scene in ALIEN.

take a look at 0:56

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXXD34mxGM0#ws

MrSpaceJockey

That was the original behind the scenes footage.  That's why this thread is called the "extended" version, and was released shortly after "The Adventure Begins."

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SpaceMarines on May 01, 2012, 01:54:44 PM
June cannot come swift enough.
Once knew a girl named June...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed