International Prometheus Launch Trailer

Started by Valaquen, Apr 27, 2012, 01:05:31 AM

Author
International Prometheus Launch Trailer (Read 150,321 times)

Mister T

Mister T

Quote from: Deuterium on May 01, 2012, 01:09:43 AM
Quote from: Predaker on Apr 30, 2012, 11:23:00 PM
Quote from: acrediblesource on Apr 30, 2012, 11:13:37 PM
BTW, if you haven't noticed the guy whom all of which refer to as "red shirt" , that must be a young Peter Weyland (whom all of a sudden becomes young again? or perhaps a clone?) welcomes our new  infected friend.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b7la1j.jpg
Except that is not guy pearce...

Not Guy Pearce...Guy Fleegman!

Wrong, its Mr. Bean!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b126/Deuterium/galaxy-quest-guy-fleegman-1.gif

Quote from: Alienhunter15 on May 01, 2012, 01:12:39 AMWhat the f**k is that?

A joke; guess its too esoteric.  In my day, the Kool-Aid man would burst through walls when someone said "oh yeah;" it made me smile to think of it, and I felt you and the others should not be deprived of my witty comment...

mastermoon

Check out the Space Jockey hologram.

Thats so cool.

Alienseseses

Quote from: mastermoon on May 01, 2012, 01:31:38 AM

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/GoD/img/2012/04/2012-04-29-prometheus_new_trailer.jpeg

Thats so cool.
Very creepy, kind of ghost-like. I'm glad they went with a 3D dot matrix kind of thing as opposed to plain old hologram- makes it more used, and more in line with the universe they're trying to sell.

Deuterium

Quote from: Alienseseses on May 01, 2012, 01:37:57 AM
Quote from: mastermoon on May 01, 2012, 01:31:38 AM

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/GoD/img/2012/04/2012-04-29-prometheus_new_trailer.jpeg

Thats so cool.
Very creepy, kind of ghost-like. I'm glad they went with a 3D dot matrix kind of thing as opposed to plain old hologram- makes it more used, and more in line with the universe they're trying to sell.

It has the same raw look as the point cloud data from a LIDAR 3-D scan.  I am sure that was the intention...but I think they would have better resolution 60+ years from now.  This doesn't even look as good as the latest LEICA HDS 7000.

Virgil

I'm usually not too fond of posting an initial reaction when a thread reaches page 39.

But I'll make an exception in this case..

Joy. Sweet, beautiful joy.

ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr

Thought somebody would have posted about this earlier (or maybe it is so obvious that no-one bothered lol) but that "goop" that David pulls out of the urn seems to be a sac containing a number of those xeno snake thingies:

Satakieli

Satakieli

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 30, 2012, 08:45:10 PM
Snake hugger... or eviscerator?

I'd call that thing an angelhugger.

-Red-

Hi everybody, did anyone notice this before ?

3 maybe more constructions ???

NGR01

Yep everyone did...
But thanks ;)

Quote from: ScootyPuffJr on May 01, 2012, 03:15:02 AM
Thought somebody would have posted about this earlier (or maybe it is so obvious that no-one bothered lol) but that "goop" that David pulls out of the urn seems to be a sac containing a number of those xeno snake thingies:

The urns contain glass ampules that contain dna material not creatures themselves.
Just check previous trailers where the black goo (probably some shock absorbant liquid) was not yet added.
:)

Vickers

Quote from: -Red- on May 01, 2012, 09:25:14 AM
Hi everybody, did anyone notice this before ?

3 maybe more constructions ???

I believe that was spotted circa-IMAX/Wondercon trailer. ;) But thanks for posting it anyway.

Kev Loaf

Quote from: Zenzucht on Apr 30, 2012, 09:30:54 PM
Quote from: Kev Loaf on Apr 30, 2012, 09:16:26 PM
The exploding head belong to an Engineer. Most likely the head of the decapitated engineer they encounter. They probably found the head in the helmet, so the engineer was decapitated whilst he was wearing his helmet. Its so obvious, surprised people are still debating it.

It is maybe obvious for you..

People have different opinions/points of view..

Seriously dude, what else can it be?!

(1) The head looks identical to the giant head statue
(2) Crew encounter the body of a decapitated engineer
(3) The hologram we see in the recent trailers show the engineers escaping from something. They were all suited up, helmets on. The decapitated engineer could have been an unlucky one who got his head chopped off before he could escape. We know the crew find the helmet of this engineer, so if he was decapitated whilst wearing his hmet its only simple logic to assume his head is also in the helmet. :/

I'm 99% sure that is the head of an engineer.

We know that the mohawk member of the Prometheus crew gets infected with something, that mutates him and drives him insane. Its possible that same thing happened to the decapitated engineer, he got infected, went nuts and one of his own chopped his head off. It would also explain the mutated look to his face.

Spaghetti

Cool trailer. Jockey Cobra... ehh. We'll see.

Glad the jockeys seem to wear their masks outside of the pilots seat by the looks of the hologram. But the redub of Noomi during the "no home to go back to" scene is cringe worthy. So out of place.

-Red-

Quote from: NGR01 on May 01, 2012, 09:40:15 AM
Yep everyone did...
But thanks ;)
Quote from: Vickers on May 01, 2012, 09:41:37 AM
I believe that was spotted circa-IMAX/Wondercon trailer. ;) But thanks for posting it anyway.

Oups, I missed this information, thanks ^^'

And what's the meaning of the 3 more constructions for you ?

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: -Red- on May 01, 2012, 10:11:23 AM
And what's the meaning of the 3 more constructions for you ?

Spoiler
Well it has been said by Scott orhis production designer that this planet is an Engineer's waystation.
There at least 5 pyramids. Each as the first one could have a juggernaut ship.
[close]

Quote from: Kev Loaf on May 01, 2012, 09:59:46 AM
The exploding head belong to an Engineer. Most likely the head of the decapitated engineer they encounter. They probably found the head in the helmet, so the engineer was decapitated whilst he was wearing his helmet. Its so obvious, surprised people are still debating it.

Agreed.
The crew brings back an Engineer helmet, that exploding head is on the same table that the helmet, the actors are the same and are wearing the same clothes as whene they are looking at the helmet.
That is obviously the same scene.
But i can understand people who want to see more than what there is tho...

BTW those Engineer's eyes are very very very human like...
Don't know if i like it.

-Red-

Quote from: NGR01 on May 01, 2012, 10:15:08 AM
Spoiler
Well it has been said by Scott orhis production designer that this planet is an Engineer's waystation.
There at least 5 pyramids. Each as the first one could have a juggernaut ship.
[close]

Ok thanks, as I suspected ^^

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed