Aliens: Colonial Marines in Games Master

Started by ikarop, Apr 26, 2012, 10:54:10 PM

Author
Aliens: Colonial Marines in Games Master (Read 23,404 times)

The Runner

What about Bishop's remark about a cloud of vapor the size of Nebraska?

Predaker

Here we go again...  :D

SM

Quote from: The Runner on May 03, 2012, 12:23:24 AM
What about Bishop's remark about a cloud of vapor the size of Nebraska?

Bishop don't know shit.

Apparently.

escroto

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on May 02, 2012, 11:28:05 PM
If almost completely destroyed = surviving then yes, HH survived.

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on May 02, 2012, 11:44:43 PMWe have seen one demo from E3 of very unpolished footage and that footage was not ripped directly from the campaign because it was meant to be a giant set piece to impress the audience. In the real game I don't think HH will look as intact as it did there.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: SM on May 02, 2012, 11:57:06 PM
Why go to all that trouble plus trying to explain it's existance.  It looks like an awful lot of work only to go and ditch it.

Not sure because I only would like to visit LV-426 briefly and have the rest of the game be set else where.

Its probably because thats how Fox and or Sega wanted it to Gearbox built a story around it.

Predaker

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on May 03, 2012, 10:42:34 PM
Quote from: SM on May 02, 2012, 11:57:06 PM
Why go to all that trouble plus trying to explain it's existance.  It looks like an awful lot of work only to go and ditch it.

Not sure because I only would like to visit LV-426 briefly and have the rest of the game be set else where.

Its probably because thats how Fox and or Sega wanted it to Gearbox built a story around it.
Pure speculation on my part but...

I think gearbox had the freedom to go in a different direction if the story was solid, but ultimately they decided to go with something safer for a canonical game.

This means we get to explore the derelict. The devs were allowed an early sneak peek of prometheus, so they couldn't resist focusing the game on LV-426 (and I don't blame them! The derelict is legend.)

Klyde

Quote from: cubanb82 on Apr 27, 2012, 04:34:13 AM
The only thing that gets to me is the whole ALIEN TUBES thing... How could there have been aliens on board the Sulaco before they landed on Hadley's Hope? None of Gorman's marines knew what they were up against.. But there were specimens on board? I'm hoping this will have some sort of logical explanation.

As for the mysterious egg in Alien 3, I think that was honestly just shitty shitty screenwriting. Not sure if it was Vincent Wards script that had that crap in it or not, but with the fiasco of a production that turned out to be.. I'm not left wondering how it got there, lol.

Think of it this way, the queen had an ovipositor that allowed it to lay eggs which she furiously ripped herself off of to chase Ripley, and sure, she could likely lay a single one as sort of a hive kick starter, but the other main problem is that once aboard the Sulaco she came out from her hiding spot on the dropship, chased Ripley for a few seconds, then chased Newt for like a minute tops, then spend the rest of her time fighting Ripley in the Power Loader... She literally didn't have time to lay the egg.

Anyhow, the main question is the one I'm most interested in because if this Is canon, it seems like one huuuuuge error. Meh. Can't wait to play the game tho!

I think that the Xeno's are on the Sulaco because after Alien 3, WY brought it back to Archeron (LV-426) to discreetly and easily recover specimens (eggs) from the Derelict, without having to draw attention to itself by bringing a big cargo frighter to Archeron. Then WY grew them to maturity and put them in some form of stasis... and then they got out and all hell broke loose. And along comes the Sephora...

SM

QuoteI think that the Xeno's are on the Sulaco because Aliens Infestation.  And Alien3 The Gun.

WinterActual

Alien3 the Gun...  ;D Really! omg... man  :laugh:

SM

You better not be scoffing at Alien 3 - The Gun!  It's teh canonz!

Just like Aliens Extermination with Alien Dragons in the teh coloneez!

Which blowns up again!  But the Aliens crawling on the dropship at the end of Extermination might be how they get on the Sulaco!

Barringer

What's this Alien Dragons business?

SM

Look upon this at 4:40 onwards and cower in FEAR!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXx6_4F7ck0#

Barringer

Oh no.

SM

Fox says it's all canon, dude.

:laugh:

Tex

lol,
it was a thermo nuclear explosion...therefore it is possible for the buildings as long as they are blastproof similar to a bunker (like most of the buildings in hadley's hope) the building would have remained intact....however all systems would have been fried and the map readout 'may' have had it's imaged burned onto the grass covering it.
The emense heat would have weakened but not melted the buildings.  Probably  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed