Aliens: Colonial Marines in Games Master

Started by ikarop, Apr 26, 2012, 10:54:10 PM

Author
Aliens: Colonial Marines in Games Master (Read 23,195 times)

Ash 937

I think that the story that GBX comes up with about the egg on Sulaco is as good as any other fan's theory.  We need to take it as just that and not some official canonized interpretation about how the events tie together.  GBX is, after all, a group of self-proclaimed fans of Aliens...just like most of the people on this board.  They just also happen to be game developers that got the license to make a game like this.

It's not canon.

escroto

I hope all this latest media reveals (hobby consolas, now this magazine, GB at pax, etc) mean the game might still see the light of day by fall, and not next f**king year...

LogansFolly

This game just like avp will be good. For the recored i still have a lot of fun with avp on the 360!! Get on and have some fun!!

cubanb82

Quote from: SM on Apr 27, 2012, 04:43:12 AM
I can't imagine many people will treat as canon to be honest.

There's around 45-50 minutes flight time from the planet to the Sulaco for the Queen to lay an egg.  For what it's worth.

QuoteNot sure if it was Vincent Wards script that had that crap in it or not, but with the fiasco of a production that turned out to be.. I'm not left wondering how it got there, lol.

Pretty much every Alien3 script - not just Wards - had not-entirely-convincing ways of bringing the Aliens back.

The flight time is correct, but the egg was mounted in a corner inboard the Sulaco, not the APC.

Spaghetti

Quote"We believe the xenomorphs were biolomechanical. Some of the other films try to turn them into beastly creatures, but we want to keep them extremely foreign and unidentifiable. They're creepy because you don't know what the hell that is. They bleed but... is that truly blood? We don't know! It has pipes and things like that: elements we can't identify with"

Allright gearbox. You've won me over.

For now.

SM

Quote from: cubanb82 on Apr 27, 2012, 09:10:48 PM
Quote from: SM on Apr 27, 2012, 04:43:12 AM
I can't imagine many people will treat as canon to be honest.

There's around 45-50 minutes flight time from the planet to the Sulaco for the Queen to lay an egg.  For what it's worth.

QuoteNot sure if it was Vincent Wards script that had that crap in it or not, but with the fiasco of a production that turned out to be.. I'm not left wondering how it got there, lol.

Pretty much every Alien3 script - not just Wards - had not-entirely-convincing ways of bringing the Aliens back.

The flight time is correct, but the egg was mounted in a corner inboard the Sulaco, not the APC.

Didn't mention the APC...

escroto

Quote from: HybridNewborn on Apr 27, 2012, 04:08:18 AM
So the Lurker is modeled after the xeno from Alien?
yeah, quite a joke compared to a true Giger's alien right?, and the standard alien warrior, have you seen them too?, yeah mate I know I know, ashaming.

PVTDukeMorrison

^Really bad trolling

Predaker

^Really good observation

mastermoon

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Apr 26, 2012, 11:25:26 PM
The guys in white armor take me way back to the days of alien trilogy. I have a good feeling about this game. ;D

http://thesandystamper.com/hiveseeker/alienhandler.gif

Oh yeah those guys, if they were put in "Aliens: Colonial Marines" now that would be cool.

escroto

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on May 01, 2012, 07:53:34 PM
^Really bad trolling
........................./´¯/)

......................,/¯..//

...................../..../ /

............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸

........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\

........('(...´(..´......,~/'...')

.........\.................\/..../

..........''...\.......... _.·´

............\..............(

..............\.............\

Quote from: Ash 937 on Apr 27, 2012, 05:04:51 AM
I think that the story that GBX comes up with about the egg on Sulaco is as good as any other fan's theory.  We need to take it as just that and not some official canonized interpretation about how the events tie together.  GBX is, after all, a group of self-proclaimed fans of Aliens...just like most of the people on this board.  They just also happen to be game developers that got the license to make a game like this.

It's not canon.
Sure It isn't canonical Ash. Do you really think people with a brain are going to accept things like HH survival?, and that's just the first example we see in the videos; more is to come as soon as the game is released and we witness more storyline atrocities like this.

Chris!(($$))!

If almost completely destroyed = surviving then yes, HH survived.

SM

In the game however it's 'almost completely untouched'. Which doesn't = 'almost completely destroyed'.

The AP isn't even 'almost completely destroyed'.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: SM on May 02, 2012, 11:34:11 PM
In the game however it's 'almost completely untouched'. Which doesn't = 'almost completely destroyed'.

The AP isn't even 'almost completely destroyed'.

We have seen one demo from E3 of very unpolished footage and that footage was not ripped directly from the campaign because it was meant to be a giant set piece to impress the audience. In the real game I don't think HH will look as intact as it did there.

SM

Why go to all that trouble plus trying to explain it's existance.  It looks like an awful lot of work only to go and ditch it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed