'Not One Frame' Of Prometheus Will Be Cut Says Tom Rothman

Started by ikarop, Apr 26, 2012, 09:47:17 PM

Author
'Not One Frame' Of Prometheus Will Be Cut Says Tom Rothman (Read 34,997 times)

GreatKnower

GreatKnower

https://twitter.com/#!/dvdenfrancais/status/199301701893767168

And this is for France, which means it doesnt even include what the MPAA wanted changed(if anything)

Virgil

Quote from: GreatKnower on May 09, 2012, 01:28:19 AM
https://twitter.com/#!/dvdenfrancais/status/199301701893767168

And this is for France, which means it doesnt even matter what the MPAA wanted changed(if anything)

Thanks very much for the link, Greatknower.

Vickers

No offence but it's a tad too early to be releasing information on Blu-Ray and DVD features for a film that hasn't even seen its theatrical release yet.

It also strikes me as a little odd that a random DVD company from France is the only one releasing this information.

It's highly likely that somebody that works for 'DVD en français' is a Prometheus fan absorbing false information OR a Prometheus fan contacted them with this "exclusive" information.

A lot of people are under the impression Ridley Scott mentioned 20 minutes being cut from Prometheus.  He was referring to 17 minutes from another film.

To me, this is a case of broken telephone.

GreatKnower

Sorry Vickers, I dont think so. This guy has always been right in past with his release info.

UK will get it in October and US will get it in November. US version....who knows.

Snowdog

Quote from: GreatKnower on May 09, 2012, 01:06:10 AM
If not one frame will be cut, what is the 20 mins of deleted scenes being advertised for the Blu Ray? ???

Every movie has deleted scenes. And some scene's are just better left out so it doesn't really worry me tbh.

OmegaZilla

If not one frame will be cut, what is the 20 mins of deleted scenes being advertised for the Blu Ray? ???
There is a difference between scenes deleted by the director due to various reasons (e.g. pacing) and scenes deleted by the studios to achieve a certain rating (for which the director does not come into the equation).

Zenzucht

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 09, 2012, 05:10:58 PM
There is a difference between scenes deleted by the director due to various reasons (e.g. pacing) and scenes deleted by the studios to achieve a certain rating (for which the director does not come into the equation).

Yup, there can be great scene, which destroys the pacing of the movie.. But after you saw the movie million times, it can be "icing on the cake" for you.

Like the chip switch scene in the Terminator 2 :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed