Official Prometheus Website Updated

Started by ikarop, Apr 26, 2012, 09:14:05 PM

Author
Official Prometheus Website Updated (Read 30,256 times)

SM

SM

Quote from: RoaryUK on Apr 27, 2012, 12:43:19 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 27, 2012, 12:17:20 AM
I think they could have fixed the whole thing if the website denoted that the atmosphere processor stuff was theoretical tech or something.

...or better still "coming soon", like they did with the The IM 80 (Igneous/Metamorphic) Rock Processor. I mean no one has a problem with the idea terraforming, and it is made clear in ALIEN the crew were working off-world which is fine, guess I just imagined that place was something closer to Outland (Sean Connery, 1981) or something like that.   

It's not even that so much (although I had vague notions that Thedus looked a bit like Io in Outland too).  It's just Burke indicates that WY are only 'getting into' terraforming relatively recently.  Kinda flies in the face of the fact WI invented it 150 years earlier.

QuoteAh, I see the problem now, thanks SM. How annoyingly daft to go to such lengths to tie the two together and then make such an obvious mistake. Hopefully the script writers don't blindly stumble into plot holes like the marketing folk.

I thought they were really trying too hard when I first read the timeline and that hasn't changed.

QuoteRemember how in Blade Runner, Bryant forces Deckard, the shit-hot Blade Runner, to take out those damn skinjobs, and then spends a scene telling the shit-hot, experienced Blade Runner what a replicant is, about their short life-spans etc?

No.  I DO remember Bryant bringing Deckard up to speed on the new Nexus 6's he had to hunt.

Valaquen

I remember an obvious exposition scene.

Wasn't even mad.

SM

SM

If it imparts info that Deckard didn't know and needed to know (as well as the audience), then I'm not seeing the connection to whats being talked about here.

SM

SM

I don't.

Predaker

The storm rifle has a sniper scope because it has a longer barrel and long range capabilities. The original ALIENS pulse rifle was for CQB as Deuterium mentioned. No need for a long barrel or scope. I see they also adjusted the design of the retractable stock and moved the location of the digital ammo counter. There are a few other minor cosmetic changes, as well.

ChrisPachi

I guess it's best to just ignore the viral stuff, which is a shame considering such obvious conflicts could of easily been avoided. All they had to do was ask a god-damned Aliens fan for crying out loud. It's understandable that there would be some contradictions or at least some aspects that might be viewed as contradictions, but that's a doozy right there.

Still, IMO it's not nearly as bad as the infinite flame-thrower, because that thing is actually in the new film.

Predaker

Lol thanks for reminding me about the flamethrower that "mines the surrounding environment" for fuel. The people working on the website viral stuff would probably get shoved into a wall by Ridley if they met in person. (Sorry Cvalda! Or congratulations?)

zuzuki

zuzuki

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 27, 2012, 01:09:31 AM
Lol thanks for reminding me about the flamethrower that "mines the surrounding environment" for fuel. The people working on the website viral stuff would probably get shoved into a wall by Ridley if they met in person. (Sorry Cvalda! Or congratulations?)
I don't think so. All the things that are on this website will get some spotlight in the movie. this just gives some details about them. So i think Ridley gave his full blessings for the viral stuff

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 27, 2012, 01:09:31 AMLol thanks for reminding me about the flamethrower that "mines the surrounding environment" for fuel.

Yeah sorry, I was trying to forget about it too. I should've secured that shit. ;D

Predaker

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Apr 27, 2012, 01:13:32 AM
Quote from: Predaker on Apr 27, 2012, 01:09:31 AMLol thanks for reminding me about the flamethrower that "mines the surrounding environment" for fuel.

Yeah sorry, I was trying to forget about it too. I should've secured that shit. ;D
Lol  ;D your signature is awesome, btw. Mine is just some old quote. I need to step up my game.
8)
Quote from: zuzuki on Apr 27, 2012, 01:11:53 AM
I don't think so. All the things that are on this website will get some spotlight in the movie. this just gives some details about them. So i think Ridley gave his full blessings for the viral stuff
Did ridley give his blessings to the power loader and storm rifle?

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: SM on Apr 27, 2012, 12:50:49 AM
Quote from: RoaryUK on Apr 27, 2012, 12:43:19 AM
I think they could have fixed the whole thing if the website denoted that the atmosphere processor stuff was theoretical tech or something.

...or better still "coming soon", like they did with the The IM 80 (Igneous/Metamorphic) Rock Processor. I mean no one has a problem with the idea terraforming, and it is made clear in ALIEN the crew were working off-world which is fine, guess I just imagined that place was something closer to Outland (Sean Connery, 1981) or something like that.   

QuoteIt's not even that so much (although I had vague notions that Thedus looked a bit like Io in Outland too).  It's just Burke indicates that WY are only 'getting into' terraforming relatively recently.  Kinda flies in the face of the fact WI invented it 150 years earlier.

I wasn't disagreeing with you, just saying, why didn't they have the AP as coming soon rather than go into all these specifics, better still leave it out altogether if it won't be in the movie anyway. We know terraforming happens even in Ripley's time, but the AP is obviously something Cameron related to his film at that time, so why confuse things more with this awkward timeline, to me all this does is divert attention from the important thing which is the movie. . 

SM

SM

Quite.

Bit disappointing really.

harlock

Really the whole thing where Burke says they make atmos processors now could mean that before Weyland got another company to do that, like Verizon and the Davids, but since ALIEN happened, they're doing it alone.

The getting into terraforming can also be read that they're pushing that angle of the company more now, whilst dropping other things, basically seeing that they make the most money with the world-building and concentrating on that.

Also, as I have written before, for products like the flame-thrower, this is like Weyland's Golden Era, the ALIEN days with the W-Y merger shows a company 'not like it was when the old man was still running it' so to speak. Cheaper, crappier products are doled out for a quick and easy buck, the big W-Y money comes in from the 'Building Better Worlds'.

Cvalda

Cvalda

The people working on the website viral stuff would probably get shoved into a wall by Ridley if they met in person. (Sorry Cvalda! Or congratulations?)
:'( :'( :'(

:P

In other news...

SPECTAGRAPH
This next-generation device, used by Weyland geologists and engineers, surveys unknown planetary terrain in the pre-terraforming process. An omni-directional laser live-maps 3D topography and sends the detailed scanned images to the viewing platform. A new hyper-conducting spherical shell allows smooth, self-propelled flight in any atmosphere. Polymer film bio-sensors can detect airborne toxins and life forms down to 500 nanometers.

...I guess this maybe throws a wrench into the whole "the Company didn't find the Derelict on LV-426 cuz it was really, really cloudy!" thing. ;) :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed