New Prometheus Featurette! (New Clips/Short Interviews)

Started by MrSpaceJockey, Apr 26, 2012, 12:24:49 AM

Author
New Prometheus Featurette! (New Clips/Short Interviews) (Read 41,309 times)

Barringer

Quote from: Mustangjeff on Apr 26, 2012, 03:30:25 PM
The biggest indication that this isn't the same planetary system from ALIEN is the time it takes to get to LV-223.  I think in ALIEN they stated that they were 10 months out from Earth.  The crew of the Prometheus were in Cryo Sleep for 2.5 years.

Perhaps, but keep in mind that this is in 2085, and Alien is in 2122. It was a ten month trip in 2122. In Aliens, set in 2179, it was a three week trip. Their FTL technology seems to improve its speed rather rapidly.

LarsVader

LarsVader

FUBAR1945

The face at 0:35 WOW.

ThisBethesdaSea

Does anyone know if the music in the beginning of the featurette is Marc Streitenfeld's?

bioweapon

Quote from: escroto on Apr 26, 2012, 07:07:37 AM
Quote from: Barringer on Apr 26, 2012, 06:48:53 AM
I got the impression with that line that David was being flippant and deprecating toward his human colleagues, rather than commenting on their level of technology.
David8 is freakin'out constantly like a kid as soon as they enter Giger's corridors. Not to mention when he reaches the chair chamber. Why does he start messing with the control panel? lol

The rest of the crew behaves just as common sense demands in such kind of situation, cautiously excited...

yes that´s very Ash/Bishop reaction, but David steal the show  :laugh:

Dutch_Hicks

Okay after seeing this new clip I am now convinced that the face at 0:52 opens its eyes and comes alive at some point and the shot at 0:38 when they're racing back from sandstorm Shaw is holding some sort of bag, maybe they steal something they shouldn't?

Rick Grimes

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 26, 2012, 11:00:12 AM
I wonder when people are going to finally adopt calling these guys Engineers, and the Engineer ship from Prometheus the "Juggernaut" (as it was referred to in the official Fox released "Sets and Props" article).

This could prevent more stupidass names like "Blue Guy" and the nonsensical re-use of the "Derelict".

They 'were' Engineers before they become "Space Jockeys" and the Juggernaut is still a 'Derelict' since it crashed and is just a pile of scrap metal.

ThisBethesdaSea

What Shaw has in the bag is the helmet from a Jockey suit. Call me crazy, but I don't think the rock formation comes alive. Check The Neverending Story....;)

Dutch_Hicks

Loved Neverending Story as a kid lol. I'm not advocating that the face starts to walk and talk but i'm willing to bet those eyes open at some point. Oh and how creepy that will be...can't wait!

ThisBethesdaSea

Again....does anyone know if the music at the beginning of the featurette is from the official soundtrack?

Sigglas

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Apr 26, 2012, 10:55:53 PM
Again....does anyone know if the music at the beginning of the featurette is from the official soundtrack?

Our guess is as good as yours, but I really hope that was not from the soundtrack. Sounded terrible!

SM

Firestorm

The single image of the face at 35 seconds in is superior to anything i have seen since Aliens.

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

LOL at Obelix breaking the nose off the "Sphinx" :-)

SM

SM

Quote from: VickersAsh on Apr 26, 2012, 11:24:20 AM
amazing!!!

btw, did the ringed planet change positions?

No.

The planet they're sitting on probably did though.

And probably not on the equatorial plane just to make for more interesting backgrounds.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed