New Prometheus Featurette! (New Clips/Short Interviews)

Started by MrSpaceJockey, Apr 26, 2012, 12:24:49 AM

Author
New Prometheus Featurette! (New Clips/Short Interviews) (Read 41,310 times)

Vulgotha

Vulgotha

People who said that the Engineers\SJ weren't enormous can go blow themselves lol. Here's some solid proof that they're very big:

Compare them to David8.

Basically, NGR (I think his name was) who gave me shit in another thread for doubting his assertions based on the perspective of the camera angles (regarding jockey size). In particular, I remember using the shot of the SJ standing on top of the orrery console as an example that we had little to compare him to. Well, now we do and it's quite clear that they are massive compared to regular humans.

Keep in mind that while the univerze/planetary systems 'zoom in' the size of the engineers does not fluctuate. To me, this is quite indicative of their actual size.

this .gif also might explain why we have that hologram of the engineer running away. I think what we're going to see here is a recording of something bad about to happen and one of the engineers (The survivor) fleeing the scene.

OpenMaw

Some very interesting visuals in this. Gotta agree about the dude's acting. He's pretty uninspired.

Love that face on the "pyramid" structure though. Freaking incredibly nightmarish.

WANT! MORE!   :D

Effectz

Quote from: Vulgotha on Apr 26, 2012, 01:41:05 PM
People who said that the Engineers\SJ weren't enormous can go blow themselves lol. Here's some solid proof that they're very big:

Compare them to David8.

Basically, NGR (I think his name was) who gave me shit in another thread for doubting his assertions based on the perspective of the camera angles (regarding jockey size). In particular, I remember using the shot of the SJ standing on top of the orrery console as an example that we had little to compare him to. Well, now we do and it's quite clear that they are massive compared to regular humans.

Keep in mind that while the univerze/planetary systems 'zoom in' the size of the engineers does not fluctuate. To me, this is quite indicative of their actual size.

this .gif also might explain why we have that hologram of the engineer running away. I think what we're going to see here is a recording of something bad about to happen and one of the engineers (The survivor) fleeing the scene.

Who said that they wern't big.

Vulgotha

Quote from: Effectz on Apr 26, 2012, 01:46:22 PM

Compare them to David8.

Who said that they wern't big.

There was some drama about the size of the jockeys based on a few images. Most prominently the shot of him crouching in the orrery and standing up and the one with Shaw on the ground confronting something in the Prometheus. All I said was that, from the perspective of the shots, it would be hard to assert that the jockey was 'definitely humans sized'. We'd need a more straight forward image.

Effectz

Well I wouldn't really take the posts in this section to heart.

Kev Loaf

The face on the pyramid reminds me of the newborn in Alien 4 :/

ThisBethesdaSea

Well then the look of the newborn must have been lifted from Gigers earlier work as clearly, the concept has been around since the 70s. The Newborn could've actually been scary if it had been puppetteered correctly. It moved terribly slow, and had ZERO menace to it. ADI couldn't get that great of a performance out of the creature.

Effectz

The sarcophagus looks damaged at the top.

Kev Loaf

Compare them to David8.

Where can I find the gif that shows the engineer running away?

I agree the Engineers are big. I never doubted it anyway. However, the one in Alien was a lot bigger. Its no big deal anyway. Most people (apart from fanboys) wont give a shit anyway - they will just think, "wow those guys are massive" :)

Also, so you think these guys are holograms? Someone also said that the 4th engineer is sitting on the chair. Can this person explain how they know this since I see nothing.

EGM1966

Compare them to David8.

It's also obvious from the size of the chair David sits in as well.  the SJ are much bigger than humans, although I think Scott has dialed their size down a bit from the potential size implied in Alien (probably due to composition challenges I'd guess).

From what we've seen so far we're either going to get a mutated human who becomes a bit like a SJ or that plus some genuine SJ too.  Just having mutated humans and nothing but hologram SJ would seem a little timid so I'm guessing we're going to see some large, genuine SJ too.

On another topic I'm curious about the running time vs the number of implied scenes we've seen so far (Earth based sequence, on-board briefing sequence, landing sequence, visit to temple sequence, Shaw removing the embryo sequence, fighting mutated crew members sequence, ramming the ship sequence, etc. etc).

Either the pace of this is going to be a lot closer to Aliens than Alien or these scenes merge very tightly together, otherwise I'm struggling to see this all fittng into the reported 119 minutes.  I suppose it is possible that, like Alien, Scott has gone for a much slower pace initially then cranks it up to a non-stop fury of scenes for the bulk of the film.

Can't wait either way.  Everything I've seen looks interesting and even though I don't buy the aliens visited Earth theory implied in the film for a moment I'll happily suspend belief if the film delivers the goods.

Valaquen

Quote from: Kev Loaf on Apr 26, 2012, 02:22:11 PM
The face on the pyramid reminds me of the newborn in Alien 4 :/
Actually the lips are more like Giger's Runner Alien, or his paintings and sculptures of Li.

Kev Loaf

Quote from: Effectz on Apr 26, 2012, 02:56:02 PM

The sarcophagus looks damaged at the top.

looks as if the hologram will depict the engineers being attacked and infected with something that later bursts out of their chest when they go into the cryosleep. I guess only one Engineer escapes.

DendaReloaded

notice how much the derelict scene changed over time...
oh bitch plz, it's called juggernaught (?) now...

VickersAsh

in the hologram it looks as tho the middle engineer is bending down like it's in pain and the one on the right may be holding a gun

Effectz

Quote from: Kev Loaf on Apr 26, 2012, 03:07:26 PM
looks as if the hologram will depict the engineers being attacked and infected with something that later bursts out of their chest when they go into the cryosleep. I guess only one Engineer escapes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed