Started by shamash, Apr 23, 2012, 09:22:44 AM

Author
The Seven Artifacts (Read 11,996 times)

escroto

escroto

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Apr 23, 2012, 05:00:13 PM
Quote from: escroto on Apr 23, 2012, 04:25:19 PM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on Apr 23, 2012, 03:40:17 PM
Quote from: Infected on Apr 23, 2012, 01:47:31 PMSo the gods were not hostile to the humans? makes me wonder why they are hostile to the Weyland group ;)

Plot hole #1.
lol, you haven't watched the movie yet, and talking about plot holes already?, what about If one of those reasons is that the prometheus guys grabbed something from the ampules and the engineers want It back. Haven't you seen David's scene examining that thing in the laboratory in the trailers or what? :laugh:

Plot hole #1 = physical gods. That's pretty much it.
we still don't know If these engineers are the gods. Scott has said many times this film is about "engineers" and "gods", so I guess the "gods" are still missing in the trailers, and could be the actual jockeys, not these engineers.

ryanjayhawk

ryanjayhawk

Quotewe still don't know If these engineers are the gods. Scott has said many times this film is about "engineers" and "gods", so I guess the "gods" are still missing in the trailers, and could be the actual jockeys, not these engineers.

I would agree that we haven't seen the "gods" yet... it has been bothering me a bit that for a advanced as the alien life in this movie is supposed to be, we were able to steal from them, and take their ship down.  If they were that advanced, I'm sorry to say we wouldn't stand much chance.  I'm hoping what we are seeing is the mid-level alien life... perhaps the jockey's are not the top of the food chain?

Infected

Infected

Would be awkward if we have seen a lot already from the movie.
Ive only seen the ship the planet and some scenes with the crew and stuff.
I hope there is more to this movie then what weve seen and not only on the planet and ship stuff.

escroto

escroto

Quote from: ryanjayhawk on Apr 23, 2012, 06:21:12 PM
Quotewe still don't know If these engineers are the gods. Scott has said many times this film is about "engineers" and "gods", so I guess the "gods" are still missing in the trailers, and could be the actual jockeys, not these engineers.

I would agree that we haven't seen the "gods" yet... it has been bothering me a bit that for a advanced as the alien life in this movie is supposed to be, we were able to steal from them, and take their ship down.  If they were that advanced, I'm sorry to say we wouldn't stand much chance.  I'm hoping what we are seeing is the mid-level alien life... perhaps the jockey's are not the top of the food chain?
these engineers very well could be to the true hypothetical jockeys like David8 or any other android is for us, a worker.

What If these engineers are just the Jockey's "synthetic" workers?, this could be one of the things about why David8 role is so important to the philosophical part of the movie.

Lord Freezer

Lord Freezer

Asia??? (I thought Sky Island):

Despicable Dugong

Despicable Dugong

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Apr 23, 2012, 03:40:17 PM
Quote from: Infected on Apr 23, 2012, 01:47:31 PMSo the gods were not hostile to the humans? makes me wonder why they are hostile to the Weyland group ;)

Plot hole #1.

Perhaps a better original sentence would have been "the gods were not hostile to the humans at that particular point in the human's evolution"

ryanjayhawk

ryanjayhawk

Quote from: escroto on Apr 23, 2012, 07:27:37 PM

these engineers very well could be to the true hypothetical jockeys like David8 or any other android is for us, a worker.

What If these engineers are just the Jockey's "synthetic" workers?, this could be one of the things about why David8 role is so important to the philosophical part of the movie.

I'm really hoping so... it's seems to go against natural inclination that they would show with such detail the antogonist.  I think it may be a red herring, and we get the real deal during the movie.  I still feel like if we came up against a species that had intersteller travel when we were still monkey's, that possibly created us, terraformed planets, that we would really be utterly at their mercy.  We certainly wouldn't bring their ship down by ramming it, and if they didn't want us interacting with urns, well, we wouldn't be interacting with them...

If we were completely unexpected, and we were dealing with their "workers" if you will that could help explain quite a bit of what we have seen.

Barringer

Barringer

I'm not sure what to make of the star map on these artifacts. It seems pretty clearly designed to be similar to Fish's interpretation of Betty Hill's star map, but there's a few problems with that. The presence of the crescent moon in the Sumerian tablet implies that the star map is visible in the sky -- but the Fish interpretation of the Betty Hill map has our sun as the star which would be the one closest to the top of the tablet, i.e. the Betty Hill star map interpretation involving Zeta Reticuli is not as seen from Earth. The other problem is that the Zeta Reticuli interpretation was made back in the 1960s, and based on current astronomical knowledge isn't even necessarily the most logical interpretation of the star map since it excluded stars like red dwarf stars under the presumption that such stars wouldn't be conducive to life; that's no longer believed to be true.

I suppose this would be dispelled if they weren't travelling to either Zeta Reticuli 1 or Zeta Reticuli 2, but since it's also been stated that the Prometheus is traveling 39 light years -- the distance of those two stars -- I think the combination of those two pieces of evidence makes it extremely likely to be the case.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

I think that what they did to the Pacal Votan sarcophagus lid really is like desecration, it's an insult to anyone with any interest in Mayan sculpture, maybe even to a dedicated ancient astronaut theorist,

The further away from Zeta Reticuli the planet turn out to be , the better I'll feel

Kev Loaf

Kev Loaf

I see it like this...

What we will see are scientist. Arrogant scientist who like playing god. They created human life and other forms of life throughout the universe. They see themselves as god the the creatures who created them see them as god. They are advanced, that is pretty obvious. However, that dont mean they are not vulnerable. As a famous Austrian once said, "if it bleeds, we can kill it". Also, I assume they are very arrogant - you have to be if you think you're a god.

There is no god or "higher being" just people with more power than others.

bioweapon

bioweapon

It could be the other way around. engineers sound to me like design creators. and the Jockeys, as the original movie depicts (mix of bones and metal) like workers. Also, I like very much the idea of SJ are just another species who get caught in this giger planets.

escroto

escroto

Quote from: bioweapon on Apr 24, 2012, 05:16:31 AM

It could be the other way around. engineers sound to me like design creators. and the Jockeys, as the original movie depicts (mix of bones and metal) like workers. Also, I like very much the idea of SJ are just another species who get caught in this giger planets.
why not

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

I believe that these are suppose to resemble real artifacts found in the real world. There is the 620 BCE which has the same Palenque astronaut 400-600AD as the one from  mexico.
And it's map indicates its from Asia (looks to be Korea). I suppose in the movie there is some reference to it. Maybe these ones were actually part of the original and lost somewhere or stolen?

Predaker

Predaker

Looks like the himalayan mountains, to me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed