New Aliens: Colonial Marines Images

Started by ikarop, Apr 21, 2012, 02:31:07 PM

Author
New Aliens: Colonial Marines Images (Read 43,786 times)

Kol

Kol

Quote from: escroto on Apr 26, 2012, 07:27:47 AM
There's a quote from Randy Pitchford in the spanish magazine that reads literally (previous translation):

"You will like alien3 a lot more after you've played ACM".

Man that one is pathetically disrespectful towards the last and greatest alien movie we had, and tbh is souring me pretty much. Who is this guy to say such thing? lol, alien3 was already a great and beautiful movie without the need of a game featuring moronic explanations for a ROFLMAO HH survival, rhino aliens, probable spider aliens, radiation affecting which is supposed to be the perfect organism, etc.

And there are a couple of other funny things he says in the article, kinda insulting alien3 too. This Pitchford dude seems to behave like a teenager from time to time. I actually appreciate he gets excited like a kid when promoting GB games (that's a good sign coming from a person), but he really needs to control his legit excitement before this leads him to criticize things without an actual argumentary.

i think his statement regarding alien³ goes to the alien³ haters.
but i think he's one, too.

p1nk81cd

Bah! Everyone is picking on Alien 3 again  >:(
It could be worse, this game could be tied directly to Resurrection :-X

escroto

Well the alien resurrection game was really good though the film was a kind of joke.

Predaker

I enjoyed watching Alien 3 personally. I think it was not everyone's cup of tea because it only had one alien, no colonial marines, pulse rifles, smartguns, etc.

Also the unexplained mystery of the egg on the sulaco, and killing off newt/hicks.

Anyway, I had fun watching it. I believe they will attempt to explain how the egg got on the Sulaco in A:CM.

newbeing

Quote from: Kol on Apr 26, 2012, 12:15:06 PM
Quote from: escroto on Apr 26, 2012, 07:27:47 AM
There's a quote from Randy Pitchford in the spanish magazine that reads literally (previous translation):

"You will like alien3 a lot more after you've played ACM".

Man that one is pathetically disrespectful towards the last and greatest alien movie we had, and tbh is souring me pretty much. Who is this guy to say such thing? lol, alien3 was already a great and beautiful movie without the need of a game featuring moronic explanations for a ROFLMAO HH survival, rhino aliens, probable spider aliens, radiation affecting which is supposed to be the perfect organism, etc.

And there are a couple of other funny things he says in the article, kinda insulting alien3 too. This Pitchford dude seems to behave like a teenager from time to time. I actually appreciate he gets excited like a kid when promoting GB games (that's a good sign coming from a person), but he really needs to control his legit excitement before this leads him to criticize things without an actual argumentary.

i think his statement regarding alien³ goes to the alien³ haters.
but i think he's one, too.

God forbid the guy have an opinion. ::) Is there an article where Gearbox said Alien 3 was a terrible movie? I don't remember reading that anywhere. Yeah they say it wasn't what people were expecting after Aliens, but despite that they seem to have a great deal of respect for it and are including elements of Alien 3, such as Michael Bishop, into the A:CM story.

I like Alien 3, but its far from a great movie when compared to Alien and Aliens. If Gearbox can work in some information that fixes some of the movie's more egregious blemishes then so be it.

WinterActual

I don't like A3, I prefer A:R, but A3 is not a bad movie. Its just not what I imagined as Aliens' sequel. Alien 3 should be something like ACM is going to be (or lets call it "meanwhile" movie) and then Alien 4 (instead of A:R) to be a few years later with the main protagonists Ripley, Hicks and Newt (slightly older) encountering the "fear" again.

escroto

escroto

Quote from: newbeing on Apr 26, 2012, 06:23:26 PMGod forbid the guy have an opinion. ::)
He's not like us. He's a very important representative of a game company and should be a little more careful when he refers to others work. Not that he shouldn't give his opinion but just respect a very good piece of art like alien3 which has been part of the canon way before he's been into the franchise.

Everybody knows GB aren't precisely fans of the movie. That's ok np, but just be careful because aliens was neither the end of the franchise nor It was the only film of It. They're claiming in all directions this is going to be canon right?, we are awating the day of Its release and see what inconsistences the game has to offer too. God, all these years of bashing all friggin' day alien3  SUPPOSED inconsistences by the same part of the fanbase (always the same ones, the ones who think only "Aliens" exist" in the franchise), and now that we see things like HH being still and things like that and they just won't say a thing.

You have to respect people's intelligence a bit. We'll see what ACM ends up delivering on that. But for now?, alien3 SUPPOSED inconsistences just falter compared ACM HH survival (just a little example..., for now till the game arrives).

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 26, 2012, 06:20:31 PM
I enjoyed watching Alien 3 personally. I think it was not everyone's cup of tea because it only had one alien, no colonial marines, pulse rifles, smartguns, etc.

Also the unexplained mystery of the egg on the sulaco, and killing off newt/hicks.

Anyway, I had fun watching it. I believe they will attempt to explain how the egg got on the Sulaco in A:CM.
the egg aboard the Sulaco a mystery?, wasn't there a queen or what . She laid a couple of eggs, one for ripley and the other one that f**ked up the dog, probably a third one or more If ACM goes goes down that road.

What mystery are you talking about rofl. A queen lays eggs right?, then what's the mystery.

Ash 937

Quote from: Mr. Runner on Apr 26, 2012, 05:28:04 PM

GBX could tie Alien Resurrection to A:CM by making a mission on Fury 161 where the marines are tasked with collecting the last known blood sample of Ripley for study.  Of course, they'd have to fail and the sample would have to end up in the wrong hands...thus paving the way for the storyline of Alien Resurrection 200 years in the future.

Predaker

Quote from: escroto on Apr 26, 2012, 08:27:12 PM
Quote from: newbeing on Apr 26, 2012, 06:23:26 PMGod forbid the guy have an opinion. ::)
He's not like us. He's a very important representative of a game company and should be a little more careful when he refers to others work. Not that he shouldn't give his opinion but just respect a very good piece of art like alien3 which has been part of the canon way before he's been into the franchise.

Everybody knows GB isn't precisely fans of the movie. That's ok np, but just be careful because aliens was neither the end of the franchise not It was the only film of It. Their saying in all directions this is going to be canon right?, we are awating the day of Its release and see what inconsistences the game has too. God, all these years of bashing all friggin' day alien3   inconsistences by the same part of the fanbase, and now that we see things like HH being still and things like that and they just won't say a thing.

You have to respect people's intelligence a bit. We'll see what ACM ends up delivering on that. But for now?, alien3 SUPPOSED inconsistences just falter compared ACM HH survival (just a little example..., for now till the game arrives).

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 26, 2012, 06:20:31 PM

the egg aboard the Sulaco a mystery?, wasn't there a queen or what . She laid a couple of eggs, one for ripley and the other one that f**ked up the dog, probably a third one or more If ACM goes goes down that road.

What mystery are you talking about rofl. A queen lays eggs right?, then what's the mystery.
You're joking, right? How the egg got aboard the Sulaco is one of the biggest mysteries of the entire franchise, in terms of continuity. It is a hotly debated topic.

Iceycold

The egg on Sulaco isn't a mystery at all; it's merely a plot contrivance.

Alongside the the first 10 minutes of Alien 3, it's why the film is utter rubbish compared to Alien: Resurrection- though ironically A3 is much better made.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Ash 937 on Apr 26, 2012, 08:38:20 PM
Quote from: Mr. Runner on Apr 26, 2012, 05:28:04 PM

GBX could tie Alien Resurrection to A:CM by making a mission on Fury 161 where the marines are tasked with collecting the last known blood sample of Ripley for study.  Of course, they'd have to fail and the sample would have to end up in the wrong hands...thus paving the way for the storyline of Alien Resurrection 200 years in the future.

Can't tell if trollin' or not.

SM

SM

QuoteIs there an article where Gearbox said Alien 3 was a terrible movie? I don't remember reading that anywhere.

Then read between the lines.  Them constantly saying 'This is the third Ailen movie everybody wanted' is dismissive the third film and pandering to gun crazy gamers.

Which is perfectly fine if that's the way they want to go.  By the same token if they're oblivious to fact that Alien3 is a lot more well liked than it was 20 years ago, they're going to cop flak.

Iceycold

Quote from: SM on Apr 26, 2012, 11:23:56 PM
QuoteIs there an article where Gearbox said Alien 3 was a terrible movie? I don't remember reading that anywhere.

Then read between the lines.  Them constantly saying 'This is the third Ailen movie everybody wanted' is dismissive the third film and pandering to gun crazy gamers.

I find GBX's attitude incongruent and bizarre to say the least.

One of the biggest reasons A3 was/ is hated was because of its opening. Yet, they are tying themselves in knots trying to fill in A3's plot holes (as if a videogame could even fit in with the movies' level of canonocity anyway). They are sticking rigidly to A3's continuity, when they could easily have ignored it, possibly by having "Aliens Redux" set on a sister colony.

Finally, they cheerfully dismiss Alien: Resurrection by retconning and critisicing it, despite it being better plotted, more in the style of "Aliens",  and well-received.

Strange.

Chris!(($$))!

They aren't saying its the "real" third movie in the series. They are saying its the sequel to ALIENS in that it is more of a action horror than a thriller horror like ALIEN and ALIEN 3.

SM

SM

Quote from: Iceycold on Apr 27, 2012, 12:36:34 AM
Quote from: SM on Apr 26, 2012, 11:23:56 PM

I find GBX's attitude incongruent and bizarre to say the least.

One of the biggest reasons A3 was/ is hated was because of its opening. Yet, they are tying themselves in knots trying to fill in A3's plot holes (as if a videogame could even fit in with the movies' level of canonocity anyway). They are sticking rigidly to A3's continuity, when they could easily have ignored it, possibly by having "Aliens Redux" set on a sister colony.

Finally, they cheerfully dismiss Alien: Resurrection by retconning and critisicing it, despite it being better plotted, more in the style of "Aliens",  and well-received.

Strange.

As bizarre as the premise for Alien3 is, what they're doing is infinitely more so.

For all their talk of 'This is what fans wanted to see', no one ever wanted to return to Hadley because even the worst fan fic writer knew it wasn't there anymore.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed