New Aliens: Colonial Marines Images

Started by ikarop, Apr 21, 2012, 02:31:07 PM

Author
New Aliens: Colonial Marines Images (Read 43,793 times)

Ash 937

Quote from: MR EL1M1NATOR on Apr 24, 2012, 07:55:47 PM
I hadn't really given much thought to the plot of A:CM until now, but the more I think about it, the stupider it seems.

You can't make a game that identically follows the plot of a movie that you already saw because it would be based on an outcome that you already know.  That would be potentially boring.  GBX wanted to make an Aliens game without redoing Aliens outright and this is the best they could come up with.

I have a feeling that all of the plot holes in this game will be as widely debated on this website in a similar way that Alien3 is discussed.  I am prepared for the game's inconsistencies in relation to the film to be annoying but I don't think it will distract me from enjoying the game overall so long as the controls are tight and there are more than a few good fire fights to go along with A:CM's uninspiring premise.

Kol

Kol

Quote from: escroto on Apr 24, 2012, 07:47:43 PM
Quote from: Spaghetti on Apr 24, 2012, 06:36:22 PM
I dig the WY commandoes look.

And the three way story perspective sounds cool. This and the third person perspective alien stuff has got me feeling better about all this colonial marine stuff.
being WY perspective the most interesting out of all, probably.

how can i interpret this? do we play as marines, aliens & weyland-yutani-mercs?  ???

Spoiler
Aliens vs. Money-grubbing-Megacorp
[close]

Chris!(($$))!

We may play as Mercs outside of the Campaign. But campaign is definitely Marines.

mastermoon

Whats the updated release date for this game?.

Predaker

Quote from: mastermoon on Apr 24, 2012, 11:13:51 PM
Whats the updated release date for this game?.
Planned for release in fall 2012

mastermoon

Wow thats still some time away.

p1nk81cd

Sweet! A Xeno's POV, i wonder what lucky Xenomorph shall be stuck with the story, Morgan Skreeman?  :)

"Every since I was a little Drone, people have enjoyed the sound of me hisses."   :D

SM

SM

QuoteI have a feeling that all of the plot holes in this game will be as widely debated on this website in a similar way that Alien3 is discussed.  I am prepared for the game's inconsistencies in relation to the film to be annoying but I don't think it will distract me from enjoying the game overall so long as the controls are tight and there are more than a few good fire fights to go along with A:CM's uninspiring premise.

I'd generally agree - but replace 'uninspiring' with 'moronic'.

I'm digging the hell out of the SNES Alien3 right now and that only resembles Alien3 in the fact that Ripley's bald and the setting.  She never had an arsenal in Alien3.  Nor was she running up and down platforms and ladders a la Super Mario rescuing prisoners who had the Aliens had chained(?) up.

If the game is fun to play the 'story' is irrelevant.

Oh and I doubt people will debate the inconsistencies in the same way as Alien3.  A video game doesn't have anything near the weight of a film.

Predaker

Quote from: SM on Apr 25, 2012, 11:52:19 PM
QuoteI have a feeling that all of the plot holes in this game will be as widely debated on this website in a similar way that Alien3 is discussed.  I am prepared for the game's inconsistencies in relation to the film to be annoying but I don't think it will distract me from enjoying the game overall so long as the controls are tight and there are more than a few good fire fights to go along with A:CM's uninspiring premise.

I'd generally agree - but replace 'uninspiring' with 'moronic'.

I'm digging the hell out of the SNES Alien3 right now and that only resembles Alien3 in the fact that Ripley's bald and the setting.  She never had an arsenal in Alien3.  Nor was she running up and down platforms and ladders a la Super Mario rescuing prisoners who had the Aliens had chained(?) up.

Oh and I doubt people will debate the inconsistencies in the same way as Alien3.  A video game doesn't have anything near the weight of a film.
How tall were the aliens? ;D
I haven't played that game in over 10 years... lol

SM

SM

They all run around on all fours - hard to tell. 

Big enough.  :)

Cap. Fitzgerald

I just noticed there's a female marine there, that was something I was wondering about.

Ash 937

Agreed.

Yeah, upon thinking about your comment more, I'd have to agree with that too.  Still, I can't wait to see a debate on this forum where people are discussing an event in Aliens or Alien3 and someone interjects with a comment about A:CM as if it is part of the film mythology.  Some people will need to be convinced that there is a huge difference between the films in the series and the video games that are created out of it.

escroto

There's a quote from Randy Pitchford in the spanish magazine that reads literally (previous translation):

"You will like alien3 a lot more after you've played ACM".

Man that one is pathetically disrespectful towards the last and greatest alien movie we had, and tbh is souring me pretty much. Who is this guy to say such thing? lol, alien3 was already a great and beautiful movie without the need of a game featuring moronic explanations for a ROFLMAO HH survival, rhino aliens, probable spider aliens, radiation affecting which is supposed to be the perfect organism, etc.

And there are a couple of other funny things he says in the article, kinda insulting alien3 too. This Pitchford dude seems to behave like a teenager from time to time. I actually appreciate he gets excited like a kid when promoting GB games (that's a good sign coming from a person), but he really needs to control his legit excitement before this leads him to criticize things without an actual argumentary.

WinterActual

I don't like Alien 3 at all so I can understand this as ACM is so bad that I will even like Alien 3 rather than ACM  ::) :D

robbritton

I've said it many times, so this should probably be the last, but we simply don't know what their ingame explanations for things that seem odd now are going to be. Wait and see - they may have devised some fantastic reasons for crusher aliens and still standing APs. I very much doubt it'll be, "they just are so deal with it LOL". I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until I've actually heard their reasoning. Afterwards, who knows? Maybe I'll be the head of the lampooners line. I do really hope not, though.

Is it so hard to hang on a few months before rubbishing a story you don't even know yet? It just seems so needlessly negative - even with a flawed story it could still be a great experience. I dunno. It just feels like the Alien franchise is getting so much love this year, compared to the little respect I've seen at varying times since 1992 - it's all encouraging, surely?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed