Eye worm (iSperm) origins?

Started by shamash, Apr 15, 2012, 08:08:56 AM

Author
Eye worm (iSperm) origins? (Read 8,919 times)

shamash

shamash

The guys over at prometheusforum found a couple of link to H.R Giger's alien life-cycle concept art work.

Whats everyone's thoughts here?

escroto

escroto

Interesting. There's a lot of Giger's stuff going on in this film; what I don't understand is why others had to apply his ideas instead of Giger himself. Either Giger has been treated not very properly by Fox since "Aliens", or he somehow "refused" to work closely with Fox since those days.

There's Giger all over this film, but he's only done those murals?, I don't get It...

I don't think the Holloway's worm is related to the alien anyway. I think It is just another monster appearing in the movie but nothing to do with our old and beloved alien.

jeremy_ray

jeremy_ray

Quote from: escroto on Apr 15, 2012, 08:16:04 AM
Interesting. There's a lot of Giger's stuff going on in this film; what I don't understand is why others had to apply his ideas instead of Giger himself. Either Giger has been treated not very properly by Fox since "Aliens",

I'm going to guess Carlos Huante and Neville Page are considerably cheaper than Herr Giger, and fit into the Hollywood production pipeline better.

escroto

escroto

Quote from: jeremy_ray on Apr 15, 2012, 08:28:29 AM
Quote from: escroto on Apr 15, 2012, 08:16:04 AM
Interesting. There's a lot of Giger's stuff going on in this film; what I don't understand is why others had to apply his ideas instead of Giger himself. Either Giger has been treated not very properly by Fox since "Aliens",

I'm going to guess Carlos Huante and Neville Page are considerably cheaper than Herr Giger, and fit into the Hollywood production pipeline better.
remember Giger was also kicked out from Cameron's "Aliens", no need to mention what Fox did to him in "Alien3"

After "Alien", one can only guess Giger ran into serious legal trouble (or maybe personal) with Fox, because If I recall well, this all started in "Aliens" as I said above.

I was really impressed (tbh) when I heard Giger was working for Scott in this new film, because this is a Fox movie after all. So the only argument I can come up with to explain why Giger did accept to work in this movie, and not only that, to "rent" (again, like he did in aliens and alien3) a lot of his old ideas in the form of his old paintings again to different people (this time are thse Neville and Huarte dudes you talk about), is just his old friendship with Scott.

Money as the next excuse?, with his old age?, I very much doubt that, after all he is an artist, an already old artist I mean.

Those dudes finding the similarities between that Giger' piece of work and Holloway's eye worm is another "Bulls Eye" coming from those forum guys. Kudos to them.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: escroto on Apr 15, 2012, 08:42:27 AM
After "Alien", one can only guess Giger ran into serious legal trouble (or maybe personal) with Fox, because If I recall well, this all started in "Aliens" as I said above.

Giger was never asked back for Aliens at all. It wasn't that he was kicked out. They simply didn't need him. Camereon had an exact idea for what he wanted the queen to be. Everything else is pretty much true to what Giger did for Alien (save the head piece on the adults).

With Alien 3 they tried to have him on board, but with things being so damned screwed on that films production anyway there was no way. Plus, he refused to fly out and actually work at Pinewood, which did not help matters for him.

And with Alien Resurrection I think we can just say "forget it." :)

shamash

shamash

There is another link between the new mural image and Gigers work they found ( a guy called Bonussituation over there made a great gif from.)

the hieroglyphs match up perfectly with the mural.

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Nano technology used to alter the DNA of the host...

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: shamash on Apr 15, 2012, 08:08:56 AM
The guys over at prometheusforum found a couple of link to H.R Giger's alien life-cycle concept art work.

http://i.imgur.com/R9hI1.jpg

Whats everyone's thoughts here?
Very neat comparison. Especially with the dragged down part of the lower eyelid detail.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: shamash on Apr 15, 2012, 08:49:11 AM
There is another link between the new mural image and Gigers work they found ( a guy called Bonussituation over there made a great gif from.)

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-YHWGJ8KxGFk/T4e99Us4DtI/AAAAAAAABMw/7MGottee8qA/s800/a.gif

That. Is freaking cool.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: shamash on Apr 15, 2012, 08:49:11 AM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-YHWGJ8KxGFk/T4e99Us4DtI/AAAAAAAABMw/7MGottee8qA/s800/a.gif

Holy what!? I knew it looked familiar, but never expected THAT. Easter egg 01, sighted.

Ghostface

Ghostface

That's amazing. By far my favourite Giger picture. Glad to see it has a direct link in Prometheus!

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I'm just happy we have minds that notice these deep references and share them. So very cool.

Lord Freezer

Lord Freezer

Giant sperm?  ;D

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 15, 2012, 10:53:54 AM
I'm just happy we have minds that notice these deep references and share them. So very cool.

+1 

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

well I liked Giger's hieroglyphic tableau but I'm not exactly keen on the way they took a part of the hieroglyphics and stuck the bald man over it. I think that if they were going to have the bald man in the image they should have made him more like a depiction that one would see on an ancient mural, more two dimensional. And the squatting entity looks too much like a 3D representation of something as well

I don't find the connection between the man pulling down his eye lid to see what the worm in his eye is really interests me as a connection with this eye with a tendril or worm like thing beneath the eye lid. It might be the connection that everyone wants to make but, well I suppose this is the sort of attention trailers get.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed