User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

AvPGalaxy News

Statistics

1,906,687 Posts in 28,542 Topics
by 18,245 Members
Latest Member: craig.harvey.148

Author Topic: Verizon: Prometheus Mission Connect [Plenty of New...  (Read 14825 times)

LarsVader

• Warrior Alien
Re: Verizon: Prometheus Mission Connect ...
« Reply #75 on: Apr 19, 2012, 05:29:05 PM »
Now you too can live all PROMETHEUS style!   ;)

http://luxxbox.com/luxxbox/furniture/brainwash

Deuterium

• Warrior Alien
  • Ready to unleash the fookin' fury!!
« Reply #76 on: Apr 19, 2012, 06:08:26 PM »

;D    Good find, Lars.

A brief note on the set pic...

I realize it is a pretty standard conceit, within sci-fi films, that futuristic spacecraft have magical anti-gravity systems (powered by elves, unicorns and pixie dust, most likely).  However, the Prometheus designers might have given some thought to having the furnishings physically bolted down.  Call me crazy, but I understand this is even done on most scientific and military ocean vessels  ::)

However, most cruise ships do not subscribe to this long standing tradition...and choose to be rebels of the sea:

LarsVader

• Warrior Alien
« Reply #77 on: Apr 19, 2012, 06:17:37 PM »

;D    Good find, Lars.

A brief note on the set pic...

I realize it is a pretty standard conceit, within sci-fi films, that futuristic spacecraft have magical anti-gravity systems (powered by elves, unicorns and pixie dust, most likely).  However, the Prometheus designers might have given some thought to having the furnishings physically bolted down.  Call me crazy, but I understand this is even done on most scientific and military ocean vessels  ::)

However, most cruise ships do not subscribe to this long standing tradition...and choose to be rebels of the sea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri8NtFGO2-0#

I also wondered about zeroG issues with the furnitures, but the Nostromo was also clutterd with stuff.
At least the dipping bird didn't seem to mind the long travelling.

But what really makes me wonder is the captains wheel on the Prometheus.
How do they get the elves, unicorns and pixie dust underneath a standing captain on a glass-bottom bridge?

Oh, and this came to my mind:
« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2012, 06:25:53 PM by LarsVader »

Valaquen

• Runner Alien
    • @SCeanneidigh
    • Strange Shapes
« Reply #78 on: Apr 19, 2012, 06:19:53 PM »
Let it go, Deut  :P You'll enjoy yourself.

Deuterium

• Warrior Alien
  • Ready to unleash the fookin' fury!!
« Reply #79 on: Apr 19, 2012, 06:46:47 PM »
How do they get the elves, unicorns and pixie dust underneath a standing captain on a glass-bottom bridge?

Don't be silly.  The elves, unicorns and pixie dust do not physically hold objects to the floor...they create the magical field that permeates the ship, creating the artificial gravity.  Geez, everyone knows this.  :P

But what powers the Prometheus engines, you ask?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2012, 06:52:26 PM by Deuterium »

Mustangjeff

• Super Facehugger
« Reply #80 on: Apr 19, 2012, 07:18:01 PM »

Don't be silly.  The elves, unicorns and pixie dust do not physically hold objects to the floor...they create the magical field that permeates the ship, creating the artificial gravity.  Geez, everyone knows this.  :P

But what powers the Prometheus engines, you ask?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

One problem..  You forgot to factor in the inertial dampeners.  No need to bolt anything down.

MrSpaceJockey

• Carrier Alien
  • a word of warning
« Reply #81 on: Apr 19, 2012, 08:00:15 PM »
Though, dampeners didn't prevent the Nostromo from shaking around crazily when landing.

ChrisPachi

• Carrier Alien
  • That Man Will Not Hang
« Reply #82 on: Apr 19, 2012, 10:38:22 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri8NtFGO2-0#

Oh crap when the lady face planted the pillar I nearly died. That is exactly what I needed to start off my day. Cheers mate. ;D

henry8

• Alien Egg
« Reply #83 on: Jul 03, 2012, 04:35:12 PM »
Hello

The interactive game seem closed. I have wanted to capture it. has any one a copy of the site with flash animation ?

Ot is for a personnal archive. I have allready capture : avpr, predators official site.

Site Info

AvPGalaxy is a fan site dedicated to the Alien, Predator, Aliens vs Predator and Prometheus franchises. We currently report news on the upcoming game Alien Isolation, Ridley Scott's Prometheus 2 and Shane Black's Predator 4 / Predator reboot movie.

Contact

General: webmaster
News: news
Podcast: corporalhicks