New official cross section picture of prometheus ship

Started by Wobblyboddle77, Apr 11, 2012, 11:59:58 PM

Author
New official cross section picture of prometheus ship (Read 46,873 times)

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Apr 12, 2012, 01:46:26 AM
WHat does USCSS stand for?

United States Colonial Scientific Ship?

United States Colonial Survey Ship?

United States Commercial Star Ship.  The Nostromo follows this naming convention.

ChrisPachi

Thanks Wobbly! I love the ship design. It's a jazzed up Nostromo. Folks have griped about the sleek look of the Prometheus, but IMO they are both very similar ships in 'attitude', if that makes sense.

Kol

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Apr 12, 2012, 01:59:59 AM
Thanks Wobbly! I love the ship design. It's a jazzed up Nostromo. Folks have griped about the sleek look of the Prometheus, but IMO they are both very similar ships in 'attitude', if that makes sense.

chris, persuading, till you believe it yourself isn't a guarantee that the ships are similar.
the interior of the prometheus, look a lot like ron cobb's former designs of the nostromo, but that's where the similarity starts and ends.

sorry, but for me it makes no sense.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Kol on Apr 12, 2012, 02:11:11 AM

chris, persuading, till you believe it yourself isn't a guarantee that the ships are similar.
the interior of the prometheus, look a lot like ron cobb's former designs of the nostromo, but that's where the similarity starts and ends.

Yeah, I didn't explain myself very well. Anyway, I like the design and am willing to accept the updated look of everything (on the human side at least). Scott has a much broader palette now, and I am pretty sure that Ron Cobb's take on the Nostromo would of got a run if he had the budget.

Eva

So indeed, Prometheus has a larger lifeboat section? I love it when I'm right....
(because it happens so rarely   :-[ )

Kol

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Apr 12, 2012, 02:16:36 AM
Quote from: Kol on Apr 12, 2012, 02:11:11 AM

Yeah, I didn't explain myself very well. Anyway, I like the design and am willing to accept the updated look of everything (on the human side at least). Scott has a much broader palette now, and I am pretty sure that Ron Cobb's take on the Nostromo would of got a run if he had the budget.

but i still hope, that the landing sequence will be as thrilling as the narcissus one on LV-426!
but not in the old fashion way of 70's sci-fi.  ;D

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Kol on Apr 12, 2012, 02:21:28 AMbut i still hope, that the landing sequence will be as thrilling as the narcissus one on LV-426!

Walk in the park! ;D

SM

*Nostromo one on LV-426

Vepariga

Such a lovely design. Weyland definately knows his craft.

SM

Tis a nice design.

Be even nicer when we get an actual "cross section".  "Official" or otherwise.  :)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SM on Apr 12, 2012, 03:11:35 AM
Tis a nice design.

Be even nicer when we get an actual "cross section".  "Official" or otherwise.  :)

I'm sure after the DVD/Blu Ray comes out we'll get some pretty impressive fan ones. Assuming the art book doesn't do it first, that is.

Rong

This ship needs more Vincent Ward, or just a few wooden veneers at least.

Xenomorphine

Looks like the Sulaco had a one-night stand with a Firefly - then gave the resulting bastard offspring a polish.

SM

The Betty more than Firefly, with them twisty turny engines.

bioweapon

whats a cross section??

dont know if this was Cameron production or fanmade or toy company. I like it more, it looks more profesional. prometheus looks more like a toy. I mean is a 3d presentation, but then again Sulaco ship was a tangible model.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed