New official cross section picture of prometheus ship

Started by Wobblyboddle77, Apr 11, 2012, 11:59:58 PM

Author
New official cross section picture of prometheus ship (Read 46,887 times)

Wobblyboddle77

Wobblyboddle77

Hi peeps , i just found this over at ign, it's quite a cool picture of the prometheus and shows us the designated areas , quite a cool pic, what you think? just click to enlarge

SM

Xenomrph

Well, except for the silly captions.

I'm sure that "fireproof" windscreen will do a lot in the vacuum of space. Also I can only hope they meant an interstellar communication antennae.

Wobblyboddle77

yeah i love all the detail when zoomed in too, and i like how they have still used the weyland slogan from aliens, building better worlds

Cvalda

Quite like the ship's design laid out in concept form like that. Although the captions are a bit silly. :P
I bet that would make a cool poster.

josh_axey

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 12, 2012, 12:12:54 AM
Quite like the ship's design laid out in concept form like that. Although the captions are a bit silly. :P
I bet that would make a cool poster.

My thoughts exactly. My office cork board is begging for some cool ship designs :).

Feral_PRED

The ship's design is so cool, I am very excited to see it in action!!!

Bad Replicant

Beautiful design. I'm loving the antennas, very Nostromoesque.

chupacabras acheronsis

is it me or do the beams in which the engines are mounted looks like it rotates too?

josh_axey

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Apr 12, 2012, 12:51:58 AM
is it me or do the beams in which the engines are mounted looks like it rotates too?

They sure do, Sir.

chupacabras acheronsis

those are way too many moving parts for a decent structural integrity...

MrSpaceJockey

I dig it. But I definitely agree on the too many moving parts. Thought about that ever since I saw the thing.

Looks like it's ID is 130748.

Nightmare Asylum

Kind of reminds me of Serenity on steroids :D

OpenMaw

I do like the design. It has some Japanese influences to it which are kinda cool. Reminds me of some of the animation ship designs I've seen. The rotating engines is a little hokey in terms of practicality, but it makes for a nice visual design(and a very sexy landing scene.  ;D)

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

What does USCSS stand for? United States Colonial Scientific Ship? or maybe even United States Colonial Survey Ship?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed