New Exclusive Images [Updated with new images]

Started by Darkoo, Apr 11, 2012, 07:16:55 AM

Author
New Exclusive Images [Updated with new images] (Read 66,548 times)

alex.isonfire

alex.isonfire

Quote from: armageddon on Apr 11, 2012, 02:02:52 PM
Pure speculation of course:

The "beast" is the true form of the Space Jokey. They morphed into the humanoid form when they encountered the humans so that the humans would accept them as their gods.

The head looks like it would fit properly into the Space Jokey suit.

How about it?

So the space taper LIVES!

josh_axey

josh_axey

All I can hear is Cave Johnson saying, "mantis men". :(

Kol

Kol

Quote from: Eva on Apr 11, 2012, 02:12:00 PM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on Apr 11, 2012, 12:08:14 PM
Agreed, but this latest image shows an actual painted scene. The ampule room is like the Sistine Chapel. A Giger Sistine Chapel... oh shit... wow... I just wet myself. ;D
Mee too...!!  :o :D

Tried to enlighten the creature a bit...

Looks similar to the one from the cavepainting... and the engineers helmet to its right, with one visible eyesocket...

Could these 'active murals' depict the engineers lifecycle and their creative biomechanoid 'capabilities', just like some of the murals Giger did for Alien that never made it into the final film, because the whole idea of the temple was scrapped?

do you think the space jockey suit, was a former living being?

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

It would be cool if the jockeys changed how they looked for us... And maybe we don't see fully what they really are. That's some Lovecraft stuff right there.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Alienseseses on Apr 11, 2012, 02:50:47 PMIt would be cool if the jockeys changed how they looked for us... And maybe we don't see fully what they really are. That's some Lovecraft stuff right there.

^ That. Right there.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Kol on Apr 11, 2012, 02:36:49 PM
do you think the space jockey suit, was a former living being?
That's... some pretty sick shit for sure but no, that wasn't what I was thinking...

The pose of the engineer suggests to me that he is... bestowing... something onto the creature, or something... Maybe someone can dust up similar murals from ancient Earth civilizations and connect the dots or suggest a possible interpretation.

But I am thinking about a theory I proposed long time ago - that the horrific reality that the humans will have to deal with in Prometheus, is that humans are nothing but 'means to an end' for the engineers and that is why we exist in the shape we do to start with.

We might never have been intended to develop as a civilization in our own right, but were merely 'designed' to fulfill a stage in the lifecycles of the engineers or whatever use they could have with us.

The deep irony could be that it's our very visit to this far away planet that alerts the engineer about our advanced (and potentially threatning) civilization and that's what triggers him to take off in his ship, heading for Earth to do some serious nasty shit to all of humanity.

But I'm probably thinking way too far here....  :D

fiveways

fiveways

I don't think Giger had much to do with this one.  The style is all wrong.  Like it looks like Carlos Haunte's character design[esp the monster thing.  It lacks the sexuality all of Gigers stuff has].  The background when blown up look Giger, but the central character have little in common with his art style unless he changed it just for the mural.

Glaive

Glaive

No...nothing LIKE Giger.

mastermoon

mastermoon

Wow those new pictures are incredible!,  whats that thing in the persons eye ???.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

The human figure doesn't have that Giger feel, but that glob creature and the background SCREAM Giger's name.

nostromo mechanic

nostromo mechanic

That "eye" shot that looks like the tail of a creature burrowing in just makes my eyes water!

RawMeat

RawMeat

I tried.  ;)

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: RawMeat on Apr 11, 2012, 03:59:57 PM
I tried.  ;)

As good an interpretation as any. Feotal horse beast?

Kol

Kol

Quote from: RawMeat on Apr 11, 2012, 03:59:57 PM
I tried.  ;)

wow, great attempt!  :o

now i see it under a differet light & angle.
hopefully no space tapir or the thing from the cavepainting!

Despicable Dugong

Despicable Dugong

Quote from: mastermoon on Apr 11, 2012, 03:40:58 PM
whats that thing in the persons eye ???.

The first signs of Holloway's mutation!  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed