The PAX East 2012 Thread - Full Panel Added

Started by ikarop, Apr 06, 2012, 01:18:40 PM

Author
The PAX East 2012 Thread - Full Panel Added (Read 35,008 times)

predxeno

predxeno

Same here, which was why I was surprised that AVP2010 didn't have any.

WinterActual

WinterActual

AvP 2010 hadn't playable female marines because, if I remember right, Reb said that they use different skeleton and animations model and they were pushed by SEGA to release the game so there was no time to implement those into the multiplayer. I am willing to believe them because I know how greedy SEGA are, and we can see from 10000 miles that AvP 2010 was rushed, because of SEGA ofc, not because of Reb.

newbeing

newbeing

I had asked during the panel if there was going to be life cycle in the competitive multiplayer. Didn't really get a yes or no, but was told that they are still exploring ideas and some of those ideas will make us very happy. Not sure if that means those who want life cycle in the game happy or just making everyone in general happy. Will be interesting to see what comes our way.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: newbeing on Apr 09, 2012, 03:56:43 PM
I had asked during the panel if there was going to be life cycle in the competitive multiplayer. Didn't really get a yes or no, but was told that they are still exploring ideas and some of those ideas will make us very happy. Not sure if that means those who want life cycle in the game happy or just making everyone in general happy. Will be interesting to see what comes our way.
Good question! Thanks for bringing that up at the panel.

I imagine a game mode for the alien lifecycle would be fun. Hopefully additional game modes will not delay the game past fall 2012!

The clock is ticking  :D

ikarop

ikarop

Some nice details on the Aliens' statue from PAX: http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/4/9/2935729/aliens-statue-pax-east

dryheat

dryheat

hi there, does anyone know what platform the Aliens: Colonial Marines game was played on at PAX??
Was it PS3, XBox etc?

Thanks.

newbeing

newbeing

In the singleplayer they said they played it on PC (I saw the PC they were playing on) using a Xbox 360 controller to navigate. Interestingly it seemed like there were PS3 controller prompts on the screen when contextual commands appeared.

I think for multiplayer it was PCs with X360 controllers.

I also forgot one interesting thing that was said about Lance Henrickson's performance was that we would see video of it. Not sure if they thought they brought video (we only heard audio from it) but my impression was we would be getting behind the scenes material with the game. Which would be nice.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I'd also like to say thanks again for such awesome coverage of one of the most anticipated games in Alien-fan history.

Great question with regards to life cycle.  I would love to see that in the game, but from their answer it sounds like they're going to be doing some unique things with the multiplayer regardless.  This makes me so excite.

If anything, I hope Gearbox notices the huge potential for variety and awesome that still rests within the Alien universe (gameplay speaking)...  Exploit this, and the praises of a million formerly scorned fans will fall upon you like a furious rain! :laugh:

Husky

Husky

Quote from: newbeing on Apr 09, 2012, 04:41:45 PM
In the singleplayer they said they played it on PC (I saw the PC they were playing on) using a Xbox 360 controller to navigate. Interestingly it seemed like there were PS3 controller prompts on the screen when contextual commands appeared.

I think for multiplayer it was PCs with X360 controllers.

Yeah, when they opened up the cabinet, I could clearly see that the devs (playing as xenos in MP) were definitely on PCs. I even asked about it and the dev confirmed that they were running them on PCs. I'd assume that the marine side were also running on PCs because of the limited set up... but I didn't see the machine with my own eyes. 99% sure everything was PC based at PAX.

Sorry for skipping your question in the write up Newbs. I didn't want to steal your thunder... plus I couldn't remember them giving us any sort of answer other than "we have some stuff in there that should make you guys really happy" :P

newbeing

newbeing

It's cool. I just found it curious since there was really no flat out no, which also doesn't confirm anything either, but it sounds like they might try to include the life cycle in some fashion whether its playable or not.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

It was Rebellion's fault too, if they had a forum where they could clearly see our feedback instead of checking popular sites like this one, they may have been able to fix things up better.

Husky

Husky

Hey everyone, I just found something in my notes that I forgot to mention - I can't remember when it was said - I think either the panel or my 2nd go around in the campaign demo - but someone asked if co op was going to be split screen and I think Brian confirmed that there would be split screen co op!

Deathly_rYaN

Deathly_rYaN

Quote from: Husky on Apr 09, 2012, 08:35:58 PM
Hey everyone, I just found something in my notes that I forgot to mention - I can't remember when it was said - I think either the panel or my 2nd go around in the campaign demo - but someone asked if co op was going to be split screen and I think Brian confirmed that there would be split screen co op!

Wasn't that confirmed sometime last year?

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Probably but its nice to have it confirmed again.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Husky on Apr 09, 2012, 08:35:58 PM

Great. That was one of the reasons I never picked up AvP. Nothing beats playing some splitscreen with friends.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed