The PAX East 2012 Thread - Full Panel Added

Started by ikarop, Apr 06, 2012, 01:18:40 PM

Author
The PAX East 2012 Thread - Full Panel Added (Read 34,970 times)

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Quote from: Deathly_rYaN on Apr 07, 2012, 04:28:00 AM
It's still slated for a FALL 2012 release

gamestop said 1/1/2013

Deathly_rYaN

Deathly_rYaN

Quote from: Guts on Apr 08, 2012, 01:52:54 AM
Quote from: Deathly_rYaN on Apr 07, 2012, 04:28:00 AM
It's still slated for a FALL 2012 release

gamestop said 1/1/2013

That's a placeholder, GameStop just does that because they're  don't know when.
Until GEARBOX AND SEGA reveal a release date, it's still FALL 2012

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: newbeing on Apr 08, 2012, 12:59:42 AM
Quote from: Predaker on Apr 08, 2012, 12:48:42 AM
Thanks for the info!

Do players quickly regen health over time?

Are female marines available in multiplayer?

How much ammo does the smartgun have and is it the same amount with every pickup? Can this item be acquired from a corpse?

Are there any other aliens besides the drone/stalker, warrior, and crusher?

Thanks again!

Health regenerates over time. I can't really say how fast as it was kind of hectic and by the time your deep in the red you're probably dead anyway. I do think this time I played I actually died from being exposed to too much acid blood. I had stepped over a dead xeno by mistake which caused my marine to suddenly slow down as fumes filled my view, then a few seconds later I just keeled over. Probably because I was being an idiot and stepped into another dead Alien.

I don't think I saw any female marines in the gameplay.

I also sadly never got my hands on the smartgun so I can't really say how many rounds there were total or if it could be picked up after the person carrying it was killed.

The Lurker (Giger Alien), the soldier (warrior Alien) and the crusher were the only 3 they had available. They did mention there will probably be more, but didn't allude to what kind or what their special skills would be.

It looked like playing as the crusher was a lot of fun.

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback.

Corporate Merc

Corporate Merc

So where's day 2's report?

Husky

Husky

I sent it in to Ikarop a little late today, but I got some more good info for you guys.  It should be up as soon as he has a chance to read it over and post it up.

Hope you guys like it - I'll have another report for you after Sunday's Gearbox Panel!

shadowedge

shadowedge

Quote from: Husky on Apr 08, 2012, 04:58:51 AM
I sent it in to Ikarop a little late today, but I got some more good info for you guys.  It should be up as soon as he has a chance to read it over and post it up.

Hope you guys like it - I'll have another report for you after Sunday's Gearbox Panel!

Is this the same person as Tonks? I couldn't find anyone by the name of Tonks on the member list.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Tonks is on the Gearbox forums, I think.  You guys are like stalkers. :laugh:  But to answer your question, yes I think so.

Quote from: newbeing on Apr 08, 2012, 12:35:27 AM
You hold down the left analog to run. Sprinting feels like a pretty natural speed. At least I never felt like they moved to slow or too fast.

Noticed that the Alien appears to have a dodge move, which I think is attributed to a chosen skill. By pressing the left bumper it seemed like the Alien player was able to quickly dodge to avoid fire.

Was able to kill a few aliens as they were ready to execute my fellow marines which was really cool. 

Got executed by a lurker Alien, which also looked great.

I don't know if this was specific to my game, but it seemed like the alternate fire to the smg was a shotgun and the alternate fire to the shotgun was a grenade launcher.

Quote from: newbeing on Apr 08, 2012, 12:59:42 AM
Health regenerates over time. I can't really say how fast as it was kind of hectic and by the time your deep in the red you're probably dead anyway. I do think this time I played I actually died from being exposed to too much acid blood. I had stepped over a dead xeno by mistake which caused my marine to suddenly slow down as fumes filled my view, then a few seconds later I just keeled over. Probably because I was being an idiot and stepped into another dead Alien.

These reports continue to rock.  The bit about the dodge ability was socool.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Reading these reviews, getting a whole new level of hype for this game again. Can't wait.

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: shadowedge on Apr 08, 2012, 05:55:32 AM
Quote from: Husky on Apr 08, 2012, 04:58:51 AM

Is this the same person as Tonks? I couldn't find anyone by the name of Tonks on the member list.

Husky = Tonks as pointed out on the OP :). Day 2's report is up now!

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/games/aliens-colonial-marines-sega/pax-east-report-day-2-impressions/

Make sure to read it. He did an amazing job as usual.

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

I just hope theres a MP map u can play on which is Hadleys hope before the explosion - that would be so awesome :D

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Loved what I'm hearing about the Xeno's kill moves, dying due to acid blood, and dodge moves. ;D

Predator890

Predator890

Quote from: ikarop on Apr 07, 2012, 03:54:04 PM
Day 2 of PAX. Aka more pics from Tonks: "A:CM line is insane! Lots of good feedback overheard"

"These glow in the dark!"

From GBX:

I didn't get to go into the booth, were they giving away the shirts and jackets for free?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Very very impressed with these reports. Nicely organized, Husky, Ikarop. Well written and very informative. I'm getting increasingly stocked for the remainder of 2012.

Just gonna make sure these are added to the article section of the website too.

Husky

Husky

Quote from: 9th_Stew on Apr 08, 2012, 09:09:22 AM
I just hope theres a MP map u can play on which is Hadleys hope before the explosion - that would be so awesome :D

The MP map that was available was a HH-inspired map. It wasn't an exact replica/layout of any one part of HH, but it looked like it had been ripped directly from the movie. I caught myself checking out the details in the middle of the match and being impressed.

Quote from: Predator890 on Apr 08, 2012, 12:39:11 PM
I didn't get to go into the booth, were they giving away the shirts and jackets for free?

the hoodies and tee shirts were being worn by GBX and Sega employees and weren't being given out to the public. They were handing out the bandannas to people as they left right after they played the multiplayer portion of the booth.

ps - I noticed the "dodge" move too. I saw a side-step/side-hop type move.  It surprised me at first, because the xeno was there in my sights and then a second later had dodged my shots and was ripping me to shreds!

Prior to picking up the controller, GBX was quick to point out that just because the dots on the motion tracker disappeared, it didn't necessarily mean that the xenos were gone or had died... but rather that they could just be standing still and hiding :)

ikarop

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed