The PAX East 2012 Thread - Full Panel Added

Started by ikarop, Apr 06, 2012, 01:18:40 PM

Author
The PAX East 2012 Thread - Full Panel Added (Read 35,007 times)

Berserker Pred

Berserker Pred

This game sounds really promising from what I've heard from tonks I think we are going to get a good game!

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: Husky on Apr 07, 2012, 04:55:55 AM
PAX day 1 was a blast - thanks again to Ikarop and AvP Galaxy for hooking me up. I am so impressed with the time Chris spent with me and with Newbeing. He really went above and beyond. Actually everyone involved - sega and gearbox - were all really friendly and welcoming. You can tell that this is a labor of love.

Thank you all for the feedback - sorry if it's a little disjointed. I tried to take as many notes as I could in a short time. If you have specific questions, I'm happy to answer them or ask. I can't promise you'll get an answer, but it can't hurt. Remember that the panel on Sunday may reveal more, too.  I'll have a write up of that, too.

If you could get more details about the MP, such as how many modes there were, unlock trees etc that would be great!

ikarop

ikarop

Day 2 of PAX. Aka more pics from Tonks: "A:CM line is insane! Lots of good feedback overheard"

"These glow in the dark!"

From GBX:

Deathly_rYaN

Deathly_rYaN

Damn, liking the jacket and stuff, where can I get that lol

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Vulhala on Apr 07, 2012, 11:25:32 AM
PAX day 1 was a blast - thanks again to Ikarop and AvP Galaxy for hooking me up. I am so impressed with the time Chris spent with me and with Newbeing. He really went above and beyond. Actually everyone involved - sega and gearbox - were all really friendly and welcoming. You can tell that this is a labor of love.

Thank you all for the feedback - sorry if it's a little disjointed. I tried to take as many notes as I could in a short time. If you have specific questions, I'm happy to answer them or ask. I can't promise you'll get an answer, but it can't hurt. Remember that the panel on Sunday may reveal more, too.  I'll have a write up of that, too.

If you could get more details about the MP, such as how many modes there were, unlock trees etc that would be great!
And ask if they are gonna reveal the release date!  :P

Vulhala

Vulhala

And that :laugh:

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Dude all of this is so awesome...  I wanted to ask about the MP, did you guys notice the xenos crawling in and out of vents?  How much did that come in to your games, the vents and alternate routes for the alien team?  Just curious, I'm sure different maps will have different levels of vent/alt route access.

Thanks a lot guys, keep it up.  I'm continually just very impressed by the effort GBX is throwing down.

To be fair, we've seen lots of good intentions end up with less-than-stellar products, but they really seem to be backing up their claims with some solid gameplay.  The work definitely shows.

I'm so ready to play. :laugh:

Vulhala

Vulhala

Can you promise us it's better than Duke Nukem?

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Vulhala on Apr 07, 2012, 07:18:12 PM
Can you promise us it's better than Duke Nukem?

I doubt ACM will be that bad. Considering Duke Nukem was a 12 year old game that kept getting scrapped and restarted and eventually ended up being released just to release it.

WinterActual

WinterActual

ACM is close to that, don't you think?

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: HicksUSCM on Apr 07, 2012, 08:29:03 PM
ACM is close to that, don't you think?

If you consider 6/12 close to 12 then sure.

shadowedge

shadowedge

How fast did the marines move? Also was there an always run option or did you have to push a button to run?

Thanks.

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: shadowedge on Apr 07, 2012, 11:42:52 PM

How fast did the marines move? Also was there an always run option or did you have to push a button to run?

Thanks.

You hold down the left analog to run. Sprinting feels like a pretty natural speed. At least I never felt like they moved to slow or too fast.

Noticed that the Alien appears to have a dodge move, which I think is attributed to a chosen skill. By pressing the left bumper it seemed like the Alien player was able to quickly dodge to avoid fire.

Was able to kill a few aliens as they were ready to execute my fellow marines which was really cool. 

Got executed by a lurker Alien, which also looked great.

I don't know if this was specific to my game, but it seemed like the alternate fire to the smg was a shotgun and the alternate fire to the shotgun was a grenade launcher.

Predaker

Predaker

Thanks for the info!

Do players quickly regen health over time?

Are female marines available in multiplayer?

How much ammo does the smartgun have and is it the same amount with every pickup? Can this item be acquired from a corpse?

Are there any other aliens besides the drone/stalker, warrior, and crusher?

Thanks again!

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 08, 2012, 12:48:42 AM
Thanks for the info!

Do players quickly regen health over time?

Are female marines available in multiplayer?

How much ammo does the smartgun have and is it the same amount with every pickup? Can this item be acquired from a corpse?

Are there any other aliens besides the drone/stalker, warrior, and crusher?

Thanks again!

Health regenerates over time. I can't really say how fast as it was kind of hectic and by the time your deep in the red you're probably dead anyway. I do think this time I played I actually died from being exposed to too much acid blood. I had stepped over a dead xeno by mistake which caused my marine to suddenly slow down as fumes filled my view, then a few seconds later I just keeled over. Probably because I was being an idiot and stepped into another dead Alien.

I don't think I saw any female marines in the gameplay.

I also sadly never got my hands on the smartgun so I can't really say how many rounds there were total or if it could be picked up after the person carrying it was killed.

The Lurker (Giger Alien), the soldier (warrior Alien) and the crusher were the only 3 they had available. They did mention there will probably be more, but didn't allude to what kind or what their special skills would be.

It looked like playing as the crusher was a lot of fun.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed