Prometheus comics?

Started by vikingspawn, Mar 27, 2012, 09:58:52 PM

Author
Prometheus comics? (Read 36,320 times)

vikingspawn

vikingspawn

Anybody heard anything of Prometheus comics or adaptations/spinoffs from Dark Horse?   

Dark Horse seems pretty quite at the website with no mention yet...other than the "Aliens" short story appearing in Dark Horse Presents.

Did the "Prometheus" name license go to another company?   Heavy Metal?

All I see is the Art of Prometheus and the Alien Illustrated hardcover releases...

???

Cvalda

Cvalda

Press release for the Art of Prometheus said it would be the only tie-in publishing for the film. So that means no comics. Although there may be something down the road, I'm sure.

SM

SM

Doubt there'll be a adaptation (similarly no novelisation appears to have been planned).

Really depends on the story Riddles tells.  He's said there's scope for a sequel, should the box office take prove good enough, so I doubt they'd license a comic based sequel.

But that said they've licensed comics before only to have a sequel negate them.

Twice.

With the same franchise.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

If you want a comic tie-in to Prometheus, just read 'Aliens: Apocalypse'. :P

SM

SM

The one where the Company inexplicably has access to Aliens decades before the second film take place...

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I seem to recall the comic actually addressing that, but it's been a while since I read it.

Not to mention it's looking like 'Prometheus' might give the Company access to Aliens decades before 'Alien', let alone 'Aliens'.

It's not irreconcilable, maybe they had access to Aliens but didn't know what they were or didn't have concrete data, which would make Ripley's testimony in 'Aliens' seem really crazy. Special Order 937 seems to imply they knew something was out there, since they specifically put Ash on the Nostromo and then specifically sent it along the heading it was on. They may not have known it was Aliens specifically, and I don't recall Apocalypse changing that. If I remember right, Apocalypse had the Company with knowledge of the Jockeys, something which would jive with Prometheus anyway.

But seriously Apocalypse is like an Alien-centric proto-Prometheus comic -- explorers find evidence of an ancient civilization that had once visited earth, go out and explore and find one of the Jockey worlds, things go horribly wrong and almost everyone gets killed. The plots (as far as we know about Prometheus) are very similar.

SM

SM

But in Apocalypse the Jockies are big elephant dudes with mullets, and in Prometheus it would seem they're kinda not...

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

We'll see how the movie plays out, or if what we've seen in the trailers are actually Jockeys.  ;)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 28, 2012, 05:47:02 AM
We'll see how the movie plays out, or if what we've seen in the trailers are actually Jockeys.  ;)
I don't even think we need to wait to see the film to know it already invalidates Destroying Angels.
Although I could be wrong, and there will be an epic Space Tapir vs Space Owl battle! :laugh:

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I guess we'll have to wait and see. :)

mastermoon

mastermoon

It's possible for Dark Horse to make comics based on Prometheus.

That could happen someday.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I asked Chris Warner sometime ago but was told something along the lines of "watch this space".

LarsVader

LarsVader

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 08, 2012, 02:38:38 PM
I asked Chris Warner sometime ago but was told something along the lines of "watch this space".
Interesting, veeeeery interesting...  ;D

vikingspawn

vikingspawn

The Dark Horse July solicits should be out any day now.   

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 08, 2012, 02:38:38 PM

Interesting indeed. Im not much of a comic person, but I may jump on the opportunity to read something Prometheus related.

I'm already considering preordering the reissue of the Alien Illustrated Story.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed