Alien based game. (Darkplaces engine)

Started by OpenMaw, Mar 21, 2012, 05:10:40 AM

Author
Alien based game. (Darkplaces engine) (Read 9,003 times)

alanwu1233

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jun 24, 2012, 07:16:55 PM
Is this still ago?

I hope they are still working on the project.

PVTDukeMorrison

Is this dead?

bov930527

bov930527

Wow, this is amazing! Watching the gameplay vids was one of the most scary xeno-experiences of my entire life (on pair with AvP Classics) and I wasn't even the one playing this game! This is so well done, OpenMaw, I don't even know where to start! Truly great work. In all honesty, what I've seen so far pretty much makes me happy, so even if you don't have time/bother to finish the game, I would be very much happy to get to play it even in its current state  ;D .

On a side note: this really pisses me off! Not the game itself, but the fact that all big-shot Hollywood writers and directors of movies and games claim that "Alien's done, it aint scary no more". It's like it has become the popular excuse for not making a good script involving xenos. I mean, gameplay of A:CM looks no very near as scary as this. They got all the millions of $ they need and all these fancy-shmancy graphics, yet fail to come up with something as good as what some random dude (no offence OpenMaw) has done with a Quake engine, like what'a hell?!?

Jegeren

Looks great so far. I will certainly play that down the road.

OpenMaw

Jeezus this got out of hand didn't it?

Sorry to all of you who have sent me PM's, or emails, or YouTube videos and such. This project has been... Er, well, dropped off the face of the Earth, didn't it?

Well, it's going to make a release. I just have to over come some bugs. Frankly, this is a very messy project, as it's building on top of what Quake already did, and I want to empty out all the non-quake elements so that I can release it free for everyone to enjoy.

I also, unfortunately, lost some of the source elements. Namely the MD3's. This isn't too bad, because the Alien was pretty much done/a rip off of the AvP2 mesh anyway. The flamer has always been rather crappy, and I needed to rebuild it anyway.

More to come!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed