User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

AvPGalaxy News

Statistics

1,792,994 Posts in 27,638 Topics
by 17,801 Members
Latest Member: Samuel Brett

Author Topic: LV-426?  (Read 11399 times)

arachnophilia

• Space Trucker
LV-426?
« on: Mar 20, 2012, 12:07:03 AM »
i've seen a lot of talk here and elsewhere that seemingly assumes the planet the prometheus goes to is LV-426, which based on the descriptions in the first alien movie, is a moon of an unnamed gas giant orbiting zeta 2 reticuli.

maybe i'm out of the loop, but why do we think it's LV-426? it doesn't look like the moon in alien at all in terms geology or atmospheric conditions. the only commonality i can see is that a u-shaped alien spaceship crashes on both. has ridley scott said it's LV-426 or something?

the star map given in the trailer certainly doesn't look like the neighborhood of zeta reticuli. eta, a little bit, but it doesn't match up.

EEV-2501

• Pvt. Wierzbowski
  • I ain't slipping man, I'm slipped.
Re: LV-426?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2012, 12:07:53 AM »
Is there already a topic for this ?
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2012, 01:46:37 AM by EEV-2501 »

NGR01

• Hive Alien
« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2012, 12:12:35 AM »
It's ok EEV-2501 just smile ^^!
:) :) :) :)

OpenMaw

• Colonial Marine
  • Where did their hair go!?
    • Open Maw Productions
« Reply #3 on: Mar 20, 2012, 12:13:04 AM »
i've seen a lot of talk here and elsewhere that seemingly assumes the planet the prometheus goes to is LV-426, which based on the descriptions in the first alien movie, is a moon of an unnamed gas giant orbiting zeta 2 reticuli.

maybe i'm out of the loop, but why do we think it's LV-426? it doesn't look like the moon in alien at all in terms geology or atmospheric conditions. the only commonality i can see is that a u-shaped alien spaceship crashes on both. has ridley scott said it's LV-426 or something?

the star map given in the trailer certainly doesn't look like the neighborhood of zeta reticuli. eta, a little bit, but it doesn't match up.

It's up in the air, but I still side on the believe that it is NOT going to be LV-426, but a neighboring planet or planetoid.

Queen7

• Giger's Alien
  • "One by one we will take you!" (I Am NightHorror)
Lv-426
« Reply #4 on: Mar 20, 2012, 12:15:13 AM »
I don't know how many times this could have been discussed but where do you think the movie takes place it must be lv-426 right spbecause why would space jockeys crash two ships any one heavy any other theories
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2012, 12:17:30 AM by Queen7 »

RoaryUK

• Warrior Alien
« Reply #5 on: Mar 20, 2012, 12:15:41 AM »
Zeta 2 Reticuli has at least 3 moons around its gas giant, Prometheus could have gone to any of those, not just LV-426.

Queen7

• Giger's Alien
« Reply #6 on: Mar 20, 2012, 12:16:49 AM »
It has to be lv- 426 space jockeys would not crash 2 ships

SM

• Jonesy
  • 'Are you an alienist?' I interrupted.
« Reply #7 on: Mar 20, 2012, 12:17:50 AM »

Why not?

Looks like it wasn't their fault this time.

NGR01

• Hive Alien
« Reply #8 on: Mar 20, 2012, 12:18:24 AM »
Why not.
We do.

OpenMaw

• Colonial Marine
  • Where did their hair go!?
    • Open Maw Productions
« Reply #9 on: Mar 20, 2012, 12:19:04 AM »

Why not?

Because... Uh... Of the interstellar you-cant-crash-two-ships-in-the-same-system charter of 12185.

arachnophilia

• Space Trucker
« Reply #10 on: Mar 20, 2012, 12:19:48 AM »
Is there really need of a Topic for this ?

yes, i have no idea where people are getting this idea, and i see a lot of people that seem to think it is the same place. i'd like to know why people think that.

It's up in the air, but I still side on the believe that it is NOT going to be LV-426, but a neighboring planet or planetoid.

i popped up a constellation map of reticulum to see if zeta happened to fit into the arrangement of stars in the artifacts. it doesn't, but i really thought for a minute that eta might. it doesn't either, but it's a lot closer.

i'm sort of wondering if anyone with some astronomical knowledge recognizes the configuration, or knows of a good way we could look for it. it's possible they just made it up, but considering that LV-426 orbits a known star, i kind of doubt it.

the one LV-426 crashed because the pilot died, giving birth to a xenomorph. the one in the trailer crashes because the prometheus runs into it.

Zeta 2 Reticuli has at least 3 moons around its gas giant, Prometheus could have gone to any of those, not just LV-426.

there's also zeta 1. but the constellation doesn't match up.

Queen7

• Giger's Alien
« Reply #11 on: Mar 20, 2012, 12:21:14 AM »
Really space jockeys are extremely intelligent they crash because of us but I don't think they would crash another ship when there race is almost all gone its definitely lv-426

SM

• Jonesy
  • 'Are you an alienist?' I interrupted.
« Reply #12 on: Mar 20, 2012, 12:23:26 AM »
Really space jockeys are extremely intelligent they crash because of us but I don't think they would crash another ship when there race is almost all gone its definitely lv-426

Awful lot of assumptions there...

Why not?

Because... Uh... Of the interstellar you-cant-crash-two-ships-in-the-same-system charter of 12185.

Oh THAT!

Righto then.

arachnophilia

• Space Trucker
« Reply #13 on: Mar 20, 2012, 12:23:26 AM »

both cases appear to have different causes (neither of which is pilot error). and we don't actually know that their race is almost gone.

Queen7

• Giger's Alien
« Reply #14 on: Mar 20, 2012, 12:23:57 AM »
Is there really need of a Topic for this ?

yes, i have no idea where people are getting this idea, and i see a lot of people that seem to think it is the same place. i'd like to know why people think that.

i popped up a constellation map of reticulum to see if zeta happened to fit into the arrangement of stars in the

artifacts. it doesn't, but i really thought for a minute that eta might. it doesn't either, but it's a lot closer.

i'm sort of wondering if anyone with some astronomical knowledge recognizes the configuration, or knows of a good way we could look for it. it's possible they just made it up, but considering that LV-426 orbits a known star, i kind of doubt it.

the one LV-426 crashed because the pilot died, giving birth to a xenomorph. the one in the trailer crashes because the prometheus runs into it.

there's also zeta 1. but the constellation doesn't match up.

There's no proof that the ship on lv-426 crashed due to a chest rustler maybe after Prometheus crashed into the ship the captain was knocked out and a facebugger got to him

Copyright AvPGalaxy © 2002-2014. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer. Contact Info. # | #2