I've figured out the ENTIRE Plot!!!!!

Started by invictus005, Mar 19, 2012, 05:01:49 AM

Author
I've figured out the ENTIRE Plot!!!!! (Read 18,683 times)

invictus005

invictus005

The key is that the "Corporate Timeline" at www.weylandindustries.com spoils the film more than anything in the trailer and Ridley's Q&A.

Peter Weyland (Guy Pierce) was born in 1990. Prometheus (name of the ship) mission starts in 2073. Peter Weyland would be 83 years old at that time.

Furthermore, Ridley Scott explains in the Q&A that Prometheus' actual mission/landing on LV-426 takes place in the late 2080's - 2090s. This would make Peter Weyland even older, 90 plus years. But Ridley Scott confirms that Guy Pierce is in the film in some shape, or form.

From the "Corporate Timeline:" Year 2065 - Sir Peter Weyland Memorial Library built in Washington, DC.

So I'm guessing Peter Weyland died at the age of 75. But, take a look at this, from that same "Corporate Timeline:"

Year 2071 - Weyland Industries earns patent number 18,364,003 for Method and Apparatus for device able to temporarily restart brain activity of deceased individuals.

Can you figure it out yet?

Now take a look at this blurb on the "Corporate Timeline:" Weyland Industries earns patent number 15,999,127 for Method and Apparatus for an ejectable luxury pod able to sustain one human life for up to 50 years.

And...

Year 2039 - DISCOVERY OF ARCHERON LV-426 - Weyland astronomers discover multiple moons and a ringed planet just outside the Zeta 2 Reticula System, which are possibly able to support life. Weyland expects to travel there within the century.

And...

Year 2034 - Weyland Industries introduces the first FTL-capable SEV (space exploration vehicle).

And...

Year 2028 - Weyland labs in San Francisco discover the body's ability to hypersleep - the complete cessation of life processes, which can be restarted when stasis is removed. The search for a practical application begins.

Do you see where this is going? First, this is DEFINITELY an Alien prequel. Second, it DEFINITELY takes place on LV-426.

Now... Peter Weyland is an old man, dead man. He is/was after immortality, no doubt. He is put into stasis to preserve his body and placed on the Prometheus' mission.

Fassbender plays David 8. Someone who can mimic EVERY human character/trait. Peter Weyland (during his last days) flashed/uploaded his memories/thoughts/secrets, etc. into David 8.

The crew lands on LV-426. They find the Space Jockey science team destroyed. By none other than their experiments with the Xenomorphs. They must have been conducting something on LV-426. This can clearly be seen in the full length trailer. Dead Space Jockeys everywhere. Abandoned ship, etc.

David 8 discovers their genetic secrets. The crew disrupts the Xenomorphs which have killed the Space Jockeys. The crew begins to experience the same effects that have destroyed the Space Jockeys.

David 8 awakens Peter Weyland, using the Weyland Industries "brain restart." Possibly the old man in the wheelchair. He transfers the Space Jockey's transfer RNA, essentially making Peter Weyland into a Space Jockey. This might also explain why the "Albino" looks more humanoid.

Now here is Peter Weyland's goal... The beginning of the trailer is narrated by Charlize Theron and shows a Space Jockey on Earth. She narrates: "A king has his reign and then he dies." This gets a little murky... The Space Jockey either came willingly to Earth to rule, or was stranded and Earth and ruled. All of the pictographs from different civilizations indicated that he ruled the ENTIRE world. So he either created man and ruled him/her, or he ruled an existing race on Earth via his genetic/Xenomorph technology. When his life came to an end (possibly due to that same Xenomorph tinkering), he left information on his home world. Maybe taught man certain knowledge, etc.

I hope you can tell what happens next... Peter Weyland has this theory/information from Shaw. Since he is now essentially a Space Jockey (and with his enormous ego to conquer), he wants to return to Earth and be the king! He wants to rule the entire planet. He has the Space Jockey ship. He has their knowledge. He has the Xenomorph bio weapon (you get it now why Weyland wants this bioweapon at any cost?).

So, Peter Weyland gets into the Space Jockey's exoskeleton. This is their version of a space suit, if you will. Him and David start up the ship. And want to go back to Earth 

Shaw figures out the plan and tries to stop them. We can see Vickers confronting and fighting David 8 in the trailer. We can see Captain Janek sacrificing his life and sabotaging Peter Weyland's plan by ramming Prometheus into the Space Jockey ship. Essentially stranding EVERYONE on LV-426. Coward Vickers (Charlize Theron) gets into a lifeboat and escapes right before the suicide collision.

So here's how I think it ends... Peter Weyland/Space Jockey attempts to kill Shaw, Vickers, etc. He is defeated by getting infected by the Xenomorph. Yup, a chestbuster comes out of his chest. What the Nostromo crew find in Alien is essentially their very own CEO Peter Weyland, rotten and petrified after 50 years, or so.

Now who survives? Possibly no one. Or maybe Shaw. Remember this from the "Corporate Timeline?:" Weyland Industries earns patent number 15,999,127 for Method and Apparatus for an ejectable luxury pod able to sustain one human life for up to 50 years.

Just Like Ripley used the Narcissus as her lifeboat. Shaw can use this pod. For at least 50 years. Leaving the possibility for a sequel 

I'm willing to bet my left testicle, that I'm at least 90% correct on the plot 

This would also explain why so much focus and information is dedicated to Weyland Industries in viral marketing, etc.

What say you?

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

What was the middle bit?

Zenzucht

Weyland is searching for the immortality. Right.

Kev Loaf

I like the idea of Weyland being the SJ from the original Alien

ChrisPachi

Quote from: invictus005 on Mar 19, 2012, 05:01:49 AMWhat the Nostromo crew find in Alien is essentially their very own CEO Peter Weyland, rotten and petrified after 50 years, or so.

Woah, that's insane. Too insane.

Kev Loaf

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 19, 2012, 10:15:40 AM
Quote from: invictus005 on Mar 19, 2012, 05:01:49 AMWhat the Nostromo crew find in Alien is essentially their very own CEO Peter Weyland, rotten and petrified after 50 years, or so.

I love it

Valkyrie

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 19, 2012, 10:15:40 AM

^That would be a serious mindf*ck ...

Cavalorn

The problem with this analysis is the insistence that the Prometheus goes to LV-426, based on the mention of that planet in the timeline.

Firstly, seen in context, the discovery of LV-426 (which should be spelled Acheron, not 'Archeron') is one of many cute shout-outs to various aspects of the Alien franchise. The timeline also mentions the power loader Ripley uses, the Colonial Marines, the robodoc, the prison planet from Alien 3, smart rifles, the holo-environment from the surgery Ripley wakes up in in Aliens, and so on.

The other is that these two statements just don't make sense if the destination were LV-426:

'Based on recent classified findings by Weyland researchers, the company determines the exact coordinates of a new destination for long-time pet project: Project Prometheus. New round of investment is immediately opened and mission planning enters full-swing.'

'Weyland astronomers discover multiple moons and a ringed planet just outside the Zeta 2 Reticula System, which are possibly able to support life. Weyland expects to travel there within the century.'

They wouldn't need to 'determine the exact co-ordinates' of LV-426, because they already discovered it 34 years previously. They know exactly where it is.

meanstreak

I hope you are 100% dead on as I'm loving your story!

Cvalda

Cvalda

Oh, lordy. This wouldn't be the same Invictus-005 from IMDb, would it? What am I thinking--of course it is. :-\
BTW, OP claims he was the guy who wrote the fake Jon Spaihts draft pages "leaked" last week.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1446714/board/thread/196300667?d=196300667&p=1#196300667

ChrisPachi

'Weyland is the Jockey' is suddenly like a bad smell around here. Worst idea EVER.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Not sure if this is the place, but here's something maybe you guys can answer, reguarding the Weyland Timeline and the supposed debunked archeological dig synopsis in Africa.

Originally this discovery was made by Elizabeth Shaw's father, who then worked for Weyland Industries when she was still a child, along with several similar discoveries from which a young Weyland makes the connection to our creators. He then proceeds to fund the building of a starship, intent on finding out more, taking with him a crew of archaeologists to a location believed to be thier planet. Naturally this all takes many years, by which time Elizabeth is a young woman who also works for Weyland, and so she gets invited along for the ride.

But here's the thing....

While the plot remains of these discoveries around the world, the newest trailers appear to suggest Elizabeth Shaw makes one of her own as a young woman, inside a cave on the Ilse of Skye, around the same time when the Prometheus ship couldn't have existed. The Weyland Timeline does tell us about "classified findings" relating to the Prometheus Project in 2073, but while 12 years to build and launch a starship is plausable at a stretch, if this film takes place around 2085 as stated by Scott himself, how does Noomi Rapace actually fit into all this? Just how old is her character supposed to be, even more important, whatever happened to Lucy Hutchinson, who was cast to play the young Elizabeth Shaw, but still remains uncredited??

NGR01

PETER WEYLAND is in PROMETHEUS not for a few moments, you can see him in the wheelchair and walking around.
So no memory transfert or reactivation of his brain for a short period.
He's alive and kicking.
And yes like i started that theory about WEYLAND quest for immortality he is gonna f**k things up himself with the unwanted help of DAVID.

As for the rest, you guys are trying to hard to make it directly linked to ALIEN.
It will be not. No xeno. No LV426. And PETER WEYLAND is certainly not THE space Jockey from ALIEN.

Kronik

Kronik

I still think the SJ is David - It's been alluded to, many times, that there's a Pinocchio influence to his part in the film, and everyone has presumed that he somehow becomes an organic entity (SJ/Human... whatever). But I think that it alludes more to the point of "let your conscience be your guide".

Maybe his place in the film is to help Weyland get "fire" (in a malevolent role), but later in the film realises that he could be the cause of the end of humanity (his God?), and it's him in the SJ chair transmitting the final warning message.

I don't know anything anymore, my brain is fried, and this movie is turning my life into a Black Hole!

NGR01

NGR01

No direct link to ALIEN guys.
I would hate that this would be real fanservice.
An indirect and subtle nod yes.
A hammer no.

I lauched the theory about WEYLAND but i do have some doubt about DAVID.
You know why? Because of the way he and the giant humanoid are dealing with the Orrery console.
Both kneel down on the side of it to activate it AT THE EXACT SAME SPOT!!!.
A real ENGINEER would have stepped into the chair.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed