SPOILER Question about Jockey in trailer

Started by Kev Loaf, Mar 18, 2012, 12:03:15 AM

Author
SPOILER Question about Jockey in trailer (Read 25,826 times)

Valaquen

Quote from: AsapJockey on Mar 18, 2012, 10:00:18 AM
http://www.serenadawn.com/Alien-Plug-In-JockeyRace.htm
Wow, the old days of fan speculation. They even have Giger's batmobile design in there as the 'spider'.  :laugh:

mcknife

Quote from: bunnyavpg on Mar 18, 2012, 12:27:59 PM
It's the same creature. It looks like an octopus.

yeah,it has multiple legs or tails...and its looks familiar the old chestburster

Glaive

Quote from: Zeta Reticuli on Mar 18, 2012, 12:07:34 PM
in the IMAX trailer you can see another, quite different looking creature when Shaw is in the medbay.
it is the same shot expanded.
what was visible looked like facehugger-legs or something.

here i found a pic

"NOOoooooo!!!..... I HATE asparagus!!!!!"

Some food for thought:

(1) Is David holding a globe (hologram?) of Planet Earth? I can see Australia. Another mythological reference - Atlas holding the globe!

(2) This new Jockey is definitely NOT the one we see in the chair in ALIEN. They have clearly gone to the trouble of making the full scale set, complete with the large 'joystick handle' at the far right of the image.

aliennaire

Quote from: mcknife on Mar 18, 2012, 12:54:37 PM
Quote from: bunnyavpg on Mar 18, 2012, 12:27:59 PM
It's the same creature. It looks like an octopus.

yeah,it has multiple legs or tails...and its looks familiar the old chestburster
Yeah, right, it has a lot of legs (I didn't notice the other apart from two, 'cause the look is blurry), Tho I can't define it as a Hugger, for the reason, that the latter has fingers, not lithe tails...

Quote from: 180924609 on Mar 18, 2012, 01:38:50 PM
Some food for thought:

(1) Is David holding a globe (hologram?) of Planet Earth? I can see Australia. Another mythological reference - Atlas holding the globe!
It's definitely the Earth, he pronounces "Earth" in this moment exactly.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

(2) This new Jockey is definitely NOT the one we see in the chair in ALIEN. They have clearly gone to the trouble of making the full scale set, complete with the large 'joystick handle' at the far right of the image.

well, it seems to be a short arse space jockey certainly. This shot of the person in the space jockey suit just looks ridiculous to me. I'm pretty much horrified. This is a nightmare for me. Maybe it will looks better in the movie.

T Dog

The suit is beginning to augment in that shot though. It seems to be expanding wider.

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 18, 2012, 01:48:27 PM
The suit is beginning to augment in that shot though. It seems to be expanding wider.

I thought the suit was opening up to release the person inside

Regardless of what the suit is doing, the occupant is far too small. His arms and body are at least HALF the scale of the original 'pilot'. And as I pointed out, his arm is in no way going to reach the large joystick handle.

PS - I love that it is now official that the 'ribs' do grow out of the chair!

Eva

Another mythological reference - Atlas holding the globe!

This new Jockey is definitely NOT the one we see in the chair in ALIEN. They have clearly gone to the trouble of making the full scale set, complete with the large 'joystick handle' at the far right of the image.

I like the Atlas reference - nice catch  ;)

Allow me make a correction regarding the space jockey - his hands are holding on to a different and closer part of the chair controls in the original Alien, than indicated in the pic above - look:

The integrated chair suit mechanism could raise the pilot sitting in the seat when he's fully integrated in the mechanism, moving him higher up and closer to the 'viewscreen' part. Just speculating though - he does look a bit smaller in this short clip than the original space jockey, but I'm not bothered by it.

T Dog

They got from this gnarly looking dude:

To this, squashed kid dinosaur faced looking thing

THIS IS THE WORLD WE LIVE IN!

wmmvrrvrrmm

I remain a fan of Giger's space jockey, I don't think much of this thing with a face like a tapir

Quote from: Eva on Mar 18, 2012, 02:02:56 PM
Another mythological reference - Atlas holding the globe!

This new Jockey is definitely NOT the one we see in the chair in ALIEN. They have clearly gone to the trouble of making the full scale set, complete with the large 'joystick handle' at the far right of the image.

I like the Atlas reference - nice catch  ;)

Allow me make a correction regarding the space jockey - his hands are holding on to a different and closer part of the chair controls in the original Alien, than indicated in the pic above - look:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-otinSlfvhHM/TWJaVs3XxhI/AAAAAAAAADw/1jefX2LEgGI/s1600/space_jockey.jpg

The integrated chair suit mechanism could raise the pilot sitting in the seat when he's fully integrated in the mechanism, moving him higher up and closer to the 'viewscreen' part. Just speculating though - he does look a bit smaller in this short clip than the original space jockey, but I'm not bothered by it.

I accept your correction! But this Jockey is still too small. He is not the Space Jockey from ALIEN. Every dimension is incorrect. No way would Ridley be that sloppy.

Lord Freezer

The leg looks the same. the size no...

bobcunk

the arms look longer in the on pic were the jockey statues are lined up in the hall. i think this new one may be a person in a suit or something.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed