Full Trailer (HD)

Started by ikarop, Mar 17, 2012, 11:39:42 PM

Author
Full Trailer (HD) (Read 248,303 times)

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: Eva on Mar 18, 2012, 01:42:26 AM

I can't imagine what went through Carpenters head when he made that film...

"Meth doesn't buy itself!"

First Blood

First Blood

Words can't even...

I've never seen anything like it.

Beautiful. :'(

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Anyone else think the Jockey-In-Chair shot is unfinished CGI? There's something kind of flat about it...

Not to mention the suit's a bit different than in Alien, but who knows if that changes somewhere along the storyline.

Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray

Quote from: Gazz on Mar 18, 2012, 01:02:04 AM
Quote from: hardcorps54 on Mar 18, 2012, 12:55:31 AM
Quote from: zuzuki on Mar 18, 2012, 12:52:17 AM
Quote from: hardcorps54 on Mar 18, 2012, 12:41:21 AM
the HD images that silent assassin put up do show somethin is bein held in the robotic arm , no idea what , will be intrigued to see what tho and as for a vaginal birth of an alien .... maybe in an unrated version
where do people keep seeing a robotic arm?

its the big metal strut that goes across the top of the person on the operating table which has a robotic claw that is holding somethin which looks to be taken out of the patient

There is no vaginal birth of the eel creature. Her stomach is bloodied and the alien-eel seems to have a sort of umbilical chord that goes back into her stomach (remember in the leaked trailer we see something push her stomach from the inside). Soon after in the trailer we see her struggling about the ship (obviously post surgical op/ extraction) covered in blood and with a black band across her stomach (which is sealing the wound I imagine). At least that's what I am seeing.

I think you're right.  Here's the quote from the Q & A earlier today:

"A fan later asked if there will be a scene comparable to the chest-burster scene in Alien it terms of shock. "Oh yeah," said Sir Ridley. "I'm embarrassed because it's pretty shocking."

silentassasin47

silentassasin47

Quote from: Alienseseses on Mar 18, 2012, 01:50:40 AM
Anyone else think the Jockey-In-Chair shot is unfinished CGI? There's something kind of flat about it...

Not to mention the suit's a bit different than in Alien, but who knows if that changes somewhere along the storyline.

To me the jockey suit, being biomechanical in nature, adapts to whoever wears it. Perhaps one of the crew members is wearing it in that particular scene, which would explain why it seems so out of proportion. Furthermore, if you see the scene where the tall man is walking to the chair it seems like he does fit into the chair.

obijuanmartinez

obijuanmartinez

Nothing to add! Just need to sit and watch slo-mo for the next hour or so. I am so excited to see this - I truly think Sir Rid's bowled a winner here...

Eva

Eva

Quote from: echobbase79 on Mar 18, 2012, 01:46:36 AM
Quote from: Eva on Mar 18, 2012, 01:42:26 AM
Wanna talk about sci-fi movies that are just plain awful in every regard? Right now, Ghosts Of Mars is on TV2 Film and it's a trainwreck of suck.

I can't imagine what went through Carpenters head when he made that film...

Cocaine is one hell of drug. I heard he was doing it when he made that movie.

Quote from: fiveways on Mar 18, 2012, 01:47:41 AM
"Meth doesn't buy itself!"

Lol... and he made me wish that I had taken some when I initially watched it  :D

cmdcnqr

cmdcnqr

"we were so wrong, we were so wrong" ....about the invitation. it's not a map, it's not an invitation. It's a Trap.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: silentassasin47 on Mar 18, 2012, 01:52:49 AM
Quote from: Alienseseses on Mar 18, 2012, 01:50:40 AM

To me the jockey suit, being biomechanical in nature, adapts to whoever wears it. Perhaps one of the crew members is wearing it in that particular scene, which would explain why it seems so out of proportion. Furthermore, if you see the scene where the tall man is walking to the chair it seems like he does fit into the chair.
Could be.
I'm not worried about size, but comparing the picture to the Alien version, there seems to be more going on with the arms etc.

The image itself, though, seems like a work in progress.

Quote from: cmdcnqr on Mar 18, 2012, 02:00:04 AM
"we were so wrong, we were so wrong" ....about the invitation. it's not a map, it's not an invitation. It's a Trap.

It's not an SOS, it's a warning.

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: cmdcnqr on Mar 18, 2012, 02:00:04 AM

Or a warning.

Heh.

Bakurenoh

Bakurenoh

Hmmm, i have a theory. We have the good guys (Humans/droids), We have the possible snake thing and the mutations. We also have the ship and the chair/bio suits (so now the "space Jockey in chair is debunked as a suit).. Then we have Mr Blue "Prometheus". But, if it is literally his name meaning then he is just a puppet for another greater power because he is the guy who give us our "fire". So, he is seemingly being held captive or forced to pilot/maintain/protect this temple and its contents. Then what is the greater power keeping him there? There is something we have not seen.

For some reason i am getting a very big Borg vibe. We see the walls of the ship morph and then we have our ampules of goo and bio mech. I think all along there was never a space jockey " creature " at all. At some point near the dawn of existence some goo formed on some planet evolved over millions of years and now its ... the tech we see flying around populating the universe with variants of its own genetic code in prometheus. Also the one king dies and another takes over i think that Mr Blue's time is at an end and that one of the new crew will end up being our new pilot (David).

scout929

scout929

Long time lurker - upon watching the trailer, I'm beginning to think a Space Jockey unlawfully created the human race, Prometheus (in the beginning of the trailer).  That king reigned and finally died.  The crew happen upon his kind and the remaining Space Jockey race set off to destroy what he has created (life on Earth).  Just a theory and probably one that has been articulated in some form or another here.  Movie looks great regardless.

tonton

tonton

David is VERY intrigued with that alien baby thing.

Weird.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Well... "It appears to have life. Organic life."

The more I see of David, the more i'm convinced he's very much a "Spock" type of character. I don't think he will become insidious or hostile in any fashion.  :)

silentassasin47

silentassasin47

Quote from: arogony on Mar 18, 2012, 02:10:59 AM
David is VERY intrigued with that alien baby thing.

Weird.

David seems to be intrigued by everything. From the strange thing within the urn, to the weird goo and the star map...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed