New Trailer and http://www.projectprometheus.com/ website

Started by Blacklabel, Mar 17, 2012, 03:58:16 AM

Author
New Trailer and http://www.projectprometheus.com/ website (Read 94,559 times)

Sgt. Apone

Quote from: bunnyavpg on Mar 17, 2012, 06:58:38 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Mar 17, 2012, 06:38:47 PM
I just noticed. Two David androids! Or not...

I have noticed that lots of things are not adding up and it gets worse the more is released, even things like the little snippets the actors give away just do not make sense. I have a strange feeling that we could be dished up time-travel/alternate realities/nightmares or mind-altering drugs/weapons, a lot more than scary aliens and mutants.

Well it's not supposed to add up. It's a trailer. All we're seeing is snippets. I'm pretty sure it will ad up in the movie.

Infected

Quote from: bunnyavpg on Mar 17, 2012, 07:48:49 PM
I wonder now whether there was an earlier mission to the planet and that 'wreckage' on the ground when the Derelict and Prometheus collide is this;

We have seen this set piece before in the spy pics and teaser trailers (without all the junk in the foreground) and it does not seem to fit anywhere with the Prometheus or it's garage pod. The inner door seems to match with the spy pic entitled 'Magellan Mess Hall' so could this be all that's left of the Magellan along with an earlier David model? Perhaps this is where the mysterious cocooned man fits in as well?
Its a base they made.
you can see it in the clip when the derelict crafts explodes you can see it on the right on the ground.

Anyone noticed the womand in the ampule room shaking like she is being taken over or some sort of mind f**k.

Biehn_Bandit

Did they mess up on recreating the design, or are there two different space jockey chairs?  The way the markings and contours are arranged are quite different.

Deuterium

Quote from: Infected on Mar 17, 2012, 08:12:34 PM
Anyone noticed the womand in the ampule room shaking like she is being taken over or some sort of mind f**k.

I think she is freaking out (in a fugue state, almost like Lambert) by seeing the big creature heading towards her.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: ikarop on Mar 17, 2012, 06:38:47 PM
I just noticed. Two David androids! Or not...

You can clearly see the different haircut style the one in the front is Vickers the hair type is totally different and the one in screens is David and clearly a different haircut.

Quote from: Deuterium on Mar 17, 2012, 08:14:31 PM

I think she is freaking out (in a fugue state, almost like Lambert) by seeing the big creature heading towards her.
She is closing her eyes there is more happening to her i think than hyperventilating or getting a seizure from extreme fear

bunnyavpg

bunnyavpg

I wonder now whether there was an earlier mission to the planet and that 'wreckage' on the ground when the Derelict and Prometheus collide is this;

We have seen this set piece before in the spy pics and teaser trailers (without all the junk in the foreground) and it does not seem to fit anywhere with the Prometheus or it's garage pod. The inner door seems to match with the spy pic entitled 'Magellan Mess Hall' so could this be all that's left of the Magellan along with an earlier David model? Perhaps this is where the mysterious cocooned man fits in as well?
Its a base they made.
you can see it in the clip when the derelict crafts explodes you can see it on the right on the ground.

A base? Why would the crew of the Prometheus make a base when they have everything they need on their (huge) ship? And where would these materials come from anyway? That structure is not the garage pod, I would say that it's what is left of the Magellan. Probably covered in sand when they first get there.

red_otter

Quote from: Game_Over_Man on Mar 17, 2012, 01:17:18 PM
Quote from: Lord Freezer on Mar 17, 2012, 01:04:05 PM
The new space jockey appears to be smaller...

In this movie, a human/synthetic enters the suit.

Do we know that for sure? If so, how? Not challenging you, just interested to know...

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Mar 17, 2012, 06:58:13 PM
My Dad just watched the trailer (and the older teaser) for the 1st time.

Bat Chain Father says: "Looks slick. Looks nothing like Alien except that thing that pilots the ship. Looks like men in space suits fighting other men in space suits. I did see a couple shots of some writhing tentacles."

This coming from a 60 year old Alien fan who is a complete Prometheus virgin.

For what it's worth.

Wise man. I like him.

Infected

Quote from: bunnyavpg on Mar 17, 2012, 08:21:27 PM

Its a base they made.

A base? when, who and with what?

The jockey gets penetrated?

on the right on the ground you can see the establishement.

btw. You can see the jockey suit growing a little in that clip in its chair like its growing fast around the person who sits in it.
Like they say in the first Alien its grown into the chair.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Think it's more likely to be a large chunk of the Prometheus. We know smaller parts get strewn over a wide area after it collides with the Derelict, so it's logical to assume something big could have come down too. I recall that debate about Prometheus being the mother ship, which sent the Magellan down to the planet to investigate. But to be honest even after seeing the teaser trailer, it's pretty clear Prometheus does the whole thing.  I could be wrong but I doubt this Magellan ever existed really. 

ripp3r

Longtime lurker - finally a contributor.  I've taken a look at this most recent release using Quicktime, using it  use the arrow keys to frame-by-frame through it.  Here's some stuff i haven't seen others mention yet:

The guy who becomes the mutant?

New users of the flamethrower

The tendril seems to be a central theme to the movie, and in this scene it is receding into the arm, with what looks like the recipient covering it up or clasping himself:

Again, this appears to be an infection of a tendril of some kind.  It appears as a hair sticking out and wagging from the eye of this man, before receding and turning into a bloodshot vein in his eye:

It was mentioned in the past that a character might give birth.  Here you can see what look like a pair of knees in a birthing position:

This character appears to be waving a white flag, requesting not to be harmed:

Here you can see what appears to be the hand of the engineer, as he approaches one of the characters who is frozen, potentiall in terror.  At the same time, the man on the side is firing at the engineer:

And I found this last one interesting - a Heads Up Display from David:

Now let me flash you back to December, when the preview was released with the P R O M E T H E U S lettering appearing.  This is something I thought I noticed but found it too odd to bring up.  After having seen the eyeball tendril int his most recent trailer I think I may not be crazy after all.  What you'll see is a sliver of a tendril wagging out from her shoulder, just above the 'h' of prometheus in the final screencap, as she unzips her suit:

I think that between the 3 tendril scenes, we can confirm that some sort of symbiote/parasite/infection is occurring and is affecting many members of the crew.

I have also started to wonder if there are 2 alien species being dealt with; the engineers (pale-blue figures) and the space jockeys.  Perhaps a war between the two occurred or is occurring and we have found ourselves in the middle?  Not sure how the tendrils fit in though, unless they serve as a weapon used from one against the other.

Firestorm

A theory on the shot of someone/thing running away at 50 seconds into the vid, not sure if its been suggested already but could it be a scan view from one of the red orb sonar mapping devices?

Also, the scene where a tentacle hits the window Shaw is peering through, i'm sorry but that just reeks of rubber prop :(

Biehn_Bandit

Biehn_Bandit

Even the space jockey room has different wall patterns than the one in Alien. Again, design inconsistency or entirely different room and perhaps space jockey?  (Sorry in advance if this has already been discussed)

RoaryUK

According to the live feed, the trailer begins over a planet of waterfalls and a stormy horizon, we hear a voice say:

"Every king has his reign...and then he dies."

Prometheus' mission involves locating a pictogram that has appeared in a number of ancient, unlinked civilizations.

The trailer ends with Fassbender's character saying:

"Big things have small beginnings."

MrSpaceJockey

I see Benedict Wong when you see the crew shot with Janek.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed