Theory about why Scar is so popular

Started by shadowedge, Mar 14, 2012, 12:16:12 AM

Author
Theory about why Scar is so popular (Read 29,271 times)

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Prime113 on Mar 15, 2012, 01:45:45 PM
I think by "pathetic bitch" he meant that Scar was...nice and saved humans, and cared about Lex.

And, Dutch wasn't just some meathead. He was a Major, therefore, he had to graduate from collage, then officers school, then be absolutely amazing at what he does.

Ok, you are right.  Dutch was more than a meathead.  But, Scar did kill Weyland, that guy in the tunnel, a few on top of the whaling station as I recall, plus he was going to kill Lex at first. 

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Prime113 on Mar 15, 2012, 01:45:45 PM
I think by "pathetic bitch" he meant that Scar was...nice and saved humans, and cared about Lex.

Well, he is apparently a youngster who is supposed to prove himself to enter manhood or die trying... maybe he is a late bloomer?

Oh I'm sorry, he was...

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

He was apparently about to become an Elder. Uuuh-uh.

(Read: we don't know what the f**k the 'passage' was for.)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Ah, okay.

Spoiler
There is no way they could of made him an Elder and still call him a male after he directly helped the prey he was supposed to hunt, that would of made him a fruit cake.
[close]

RagingDragon

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Mar 15, 2012, 07:58:35 PM
Ah, okay.

Spoiler
There is no way they could of made him an Elder and still call him a male after he directly helped the prey he was supposed to hunt, that would of made him a fruit cake.
[close]
:laugh:

I could imagine that conversation:

"You did what?"
"Well, ya see, the hard meat had created a hive and there were all of these other humans."
"Yes, we know, we were watching."
"So, uh, Celtic and Chopper got wasted by some super-alien with a 12 foot tail, and I was alone.  When I finally got my gun back, there was this poor little human there.  I couldn't just leave her."
"So you made her some weapons and blew up the entire pyramid?"
"Well, yeah..."

Prime113

Quote from: RagingDragon on Mar 15, 2012, 08:09:54 PM
Ah, okay.

Spoiler
[close]
:laugh:

I could imagine that conversation:

"You did what?"
"Well, ya see, the hard meat had created a hive and there were all of these other humans."
"Yes, we know, we were watching."
"So, uh, Celtic and Chopper got wasted by some super-alien with a 12 foot tail, and I was alone.  When I finally got my gun back, there was this poor little human there.  I couldn't just leave her."
"So you made her some weapons and blew up the entire pyramid?"
"Well, yeah..."

:laugh: :laugh: To the both of you.

Topazora

Topazora

I did like the role Scar played... but I do agree with you guys on the design and construction of his face- it was awkward.  If they wanted him to look pretty and humanized, they still could've used the Stan Winston designs and still make it work.  He's not my favorite predator, my predator crush started when I was really little and saw the toys from Predator 2, not AvP.  And too be honest, I was confused on where they were going with Scar and Lex when I first saw the movie.  Needless to say, what was going on inside my head during the movie was: "Ok, Lex and Sebastian are the love interest in this, ok, makes sense- no wait, Sebastian died............the predator?!!"

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

There is no way they could of made him an Elder and still call him a male after he directly helped the prey he was supposed to hunt,
He didn't help any Aliens.
Not intentionally, at least.

chupacabras acheronsis

he beared their offspring.

shadowedge

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Mar 15, 2012, 01:13:11 PM
Quote from: Stalker on Mar 15, 2012, 10:20:49 AM

God it sickens me how much of a pathetic bitch Scar was compared to P1 & P2.

Really?  Anytime was outsmarted by a meathead & City Hunter got his guts grinded by an old man.  Scar died fighting an Alien queen, alone.  Not too shabby in my humble opinion.

Harrigan wasn't old was he? He couldn't have been more than his 40s.

Crazy Rich

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 15, 2012, 09:14:42 PM
There is no way they could of made him an Elder and still call him a male after he directly helped the prey he was supposed to hunt,
He didn't help any Aliens.
Not intentionally, at least.

Humans.

SM

SM

They weren't supposed to hunt humans.

Crazy Rich

A lot of dead people would disagree.

SiL

SiL

The humans were meant to be dead when they got there. But there were more humans than eggs, so they had to clean up. Humans were never the goal.

SM

SM

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Mar 15, 2012, 10:44:40 PM
A lot of dead people would disagree.

Dey'd be dead... wrong.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed