Theory about why Scar is so popular

Started by shadowedge, Mar 14, 2012, 12:16:12 AM

Author
Theory about why Scar is so popular (Read 29,482 times)

DARIAS93

QuoteWhy's Scar so popular?

Well, for me, the name reminded me of "Scar" from The Lion King.  When I was watching it, I always figured he was hiding underneath that mask, but alas he wasn't.  It would have been a shocking if he was though. :P

DoomRulz

Would you have preferred that?

OpenMaw

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 03, 2012, 02:39:06 AM

Having Jeremy Irons voicing a Predator? **** yeah. Jeremy Irons is awesome in everything he does.

"Long live the king!" *slices Lex*

DARIAS93

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 03, 2012, 02:39:06 AM
With a movie this bad, anything is preferable.  I wouldn't mind having Jafar underneath that mask either.

P.S. - Would you prefer a less intimidating, toy-looking Predator face rather than the face of a badass cartoon?

DoomRulz

Yeah. It would've made the film that much more ridonkulous.

DARIAS93

I prefer ridonkulous than bad.

chupacabras acheronsis

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

SM

SM

Hakuna matata, my arse!

The Runner

What!?

I expected to see an Elephant Alien!?

LOL nice drawing... where did u find it?

Nero the Jackal

Ha! now that pic is funny.

DoomRulz

So is Scar the Alien King or what?

Kaltes

Kaltes

(Forgive me for necro-ing this thread, but it seems like a potentially interesting conversation)

It's been said more or less throughout this thread, but in my own words:

Scar is what teenage girls want the Predator to be.

This is what the Predator actually is.

Also, one thing I noticed no one mentioned is his eyes. Scar's suit actor didn't wear contacts (to my recollection) and therefore gave him a more...humanly emotive look rather than the colder and more menacing eyes of the previous Predators.

SiL

SiL

Ian Whyte's eyes are dark brown I'm pretty sure, but they still opted to go with a less animalistic colour.

Mister Skeezler

Absolutely agree on the eyes. That was the first thing I noticed when I watched that movie.

In the side by side you can also notice the unnecessary addition of the small teeth in the primary (?) mouth. The original preds had two fangs on the top and bottom, giving a more "insect" appearance to go with the mandible look, which makes it much less human. Scar has two full rows of pearly whites, which humanizes him far too much.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Jesus scar looks terrible in tht picture. The folding skin between the mandibles is so poorly done, its just all kinds of wrong.

Don't get me started on the eyes, even though you could sometimes see the skin around kphs eyes its still infinitely better than scars.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed