Guy Pearce plays Peter Weyland in Prometheus?

Started by Valaquen, Feb 25, 2012, 07:55:10 PM

Author
Guy Pearce plays Peter Weyland in Prometheus? (Read 57,602 times)

Valaquen

QuoteGuy Pearce plays Peter Weyland in Prometheus?
Hungarian movie website FilmSite.hu has posted an article today with a quote from Prometheus director Ridley Scott, giving more insight to the connection between Prometheus and the original Alien.

The article is in Hungarian, and unfortunately Google translate doesn't seem to tackle Hungarian all too well. However, using a couple of extra translators I've managed to more or less make sense of the quote:

"When the first 'Alien' movie and 'Blade Runner' were made, I thought that in the near future the world will be owned by large companies. This is why we have the Tyrell Corporation in 'Blade Runner', and Weyland-Yutani in 'Alien'. They sent the Nostromo spaceship. 
The Prometheus is owned by an entrepreneur called Peter Weyland, and is played by Guy Pearce. That's the connection between the two films, and nothing more. Prometheus is a new film, a new world, and is full of new ideas. And of course new monsters as well."

FilmSite.hu quotes IC Press as their source, but there's no mention of where or when Sir Ridley made this quote nor any other sources backing it up yet, so please take this info with a little bit of salt for the time being...
http://www.alienprequelnews.com/

It seems obvious that Weyland owns the Prometheus, considering his insignia is all over the crew uniforms etc. Anyhow, discuss!

Michael Harper

That's pretty damn interesting. Bit strange saying that the only connection between the two films is the name Weyland, when we obviously know there are a few more connections also. But, still interesting.

I love hearing Alien and Blade Runner referred to in the same context, as if they are part of the same franchise. I've always liked to see it that way.

Highland

Seems to suggest Guy is probably up for another 3 minute wonder part.

I thought the lack of him might have meant he was the Engineer but it probably just means theres a lack of him period.

Cvalda

Quote"The Prometheus is owned by an entrepreneur called Peter Weyland, and is played by Guy Pearce. That's the connection between the two films, and nothing more."
Granted of course that this is an actual quote from Scott, I'm getting really tired of his blatantly untrue diminishing of ALIEN's role in all this. Oh, yeah, Ridley? I guess the Space Jockey race, their ship, and the interior padded spaceship design of the Prometheus are all just coincidence? ::)

Deuterium

Can't wait to see Guy Pearce in the upcoming Luc Besson sci-fi film "Lockout".

"What happenned in that hotel room"...

Guy Pearce:  "It was coupon night, and I was trapolining your wife".  LOL   ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax2ts7PGpNE#ws

mastermoon

I remember when watching the Prometheus Trailer you can see other Alien related stuff like Space Jockies, derelict alien spacecraft.

Now Peter Weyland was confirmed.

Salt The Fries

^ Invasion of the Bodysnatchers, aye! Though my fav is the first one, but I like them all except The Invasion...

Nightmare Asylum

Very interesting. Can't wait to see how this plays out in film.

Infected

New monsters!!

Oh boy

eyesofthedemon

Quote from: Infected on Feb 25, 2012, 09:58:45 PM
New monsters!!

Oh boy

That was the best bit,i hope he wasn't referring to space mutants though >:(

Nightmare Asylum

Space mutants, depending on how they are handled, could turn out really cool.

I'm thinking something along the lines of Halo's Flood. On the surface, they are just that: Zombies in space. But if you delve deeper and learn more about them (or just play Halo 2 :P ) you will learn so much more. Not very generic, lots of cool backstory, the possibility for intelligence, and cool looking designs!

Space mutants can work. They just need to step away from the whole "zombie in space" thing and bring it in a new direction.

Wobblyboddle77

Guy pearce being Peter Weyland would make sense, he also stated that his role was very small, so it all fits together. Scott is really trying to distance prometheus from alien as much as possible, he must have his reasons and he has been honest with us so far, not unless it's a misquote or mis-translated.

Valaquen

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 25, 2012, 10:13:17 PM
Space mutants can work. They just need to step away from the whole "zombie in space" thing and bring it in a new direction.
They never made a step towards it. The space zombies/mutants is fan-talk. We don't know what we're getting yet.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 25, 2012, 10:26:04 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 25, 2012, 10:13:17 PM
They never made a step towards it. The space zombies/mutants is fan-talk. We don't know what we're getting yet.

I know that. I just meant the concept in general :)

Game_Over_Man

More than one species of monster?

YeSYeSYeS :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed