Why Gunnison?

Started by The Runner, Feb 20, 2012, 11:59:23 PM

Author
Why Gunnison? (Read 3,642 times)

The Runner

The Runner

Why did the producers pick Gunnison Colorado specifically? What made them pick that one small town in Colorado?

Were there any other places intended for AVP:R?

echobbase79

echobbase79

Originally it was going to be set in Texas but they changed it to Gunnison I think because Jon Davis suggested it. He's from there apparently. That's the only reason I can give you.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I'll add to the question because I've never found the stomach to actually watch anything about the making of AvP:R..  ;D
...was it actually filmed in Gunnison?

The Runner

The Runner

Quote from: echobbase79 on Feb 21, 2012, 02:20:02 AM

Originally it was going to be set in Texas but they changed it to Gunnison I think because Jon Davis suggested it. He's from there apparently. That's the only reason I can give you.

Do you know what part of Texas?

@Raging Dragon nope...it was filmed near Vancouver British Columbia.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: The Runner on Feb 21, 2012, 02:58:06 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Feb 21, 2012, 02:20:02 AM

Do you know what part of Texas?

@Raging Dragon nope...it was filmed near Vancouver British Columbia.

Honestly I can't remember what part of Texas the original script took place in. I only read that script once because it was so bad.

The Runner

The Runner

Wasn't there a Walmart battle

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

The Strauses looked on a map and was looking for a place with a cool name. They found Gunnison, and Gunnison found hell.

The Runner

The Runner

How many scripts were there in total??

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

In the AVP:R special features, I think one of the guys said there was about three or four scripts.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

While we're here, I want to ask why Jesse's swimsuit was light blue.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: The Runner on Feb 21, 2012, 02:31:26 PM
Wasn't there a Walmart battle
It really wouldn't surprise me. :laugh:  Gunnison seemed entertaining enough, especially since I live in Colorado, but really they didn't seem to focus on the locale much.  Besides Wolf running around in the forest, they really could've put it in any small town for most of the film.

A desert would've been a little creepier, harsher, maybe.

The Runner

The Runner

I think the Texas script might of been quite interesting...especially the Wal-Mart battle. Didn't wolf get killed at the end by a pair of aliens???

If it was.central Texas there are plenty of people with guns and cows  to be facehugged

echobbase79

echobbase79

It was Super K-Mart!!! :D It was just a horrid screenplay with some moments that were cool. The Predator was killed at the end but it wasn't just two aliens I think it was a whole lot of them. They tear him to shreds. Now that part I did like.

The Runner

The Runner

How did they rid the Aliens without Wolf at the end being dead.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Blew the town up. And that's how the script ended.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed